Cooking

My_Shrimp_Cot

How many college freshmen does it take to strain a pot of cooked pasta noodles?

(Answer below...)

While I can't say I excel at the cullinary arts, I do enjoy my own cooking. I can make chicken, pasta with sauce, a variety of grains, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, broccoli.

That about does it, I guess.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/amirror/__2_1236.jpg

I'm the guy on the right. And that's about 2.5 years ago.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy cooking, it relaxes me. I am mostly self-taught via the school of trial and error. Grilling out is my true passion and I treat it like an art form. If I was to pick that which is my best dish, I'd have to say it's my omelettes. Everyone for whom I have prepared one swears it's the best they've ever tasted.

picked 2 eggplants outta my garden applaudit.gif

gonna be makin eggplant Rollatini 2nite.. freezin some so Indy gets a taste of some fresh from the garden munchies.

Makin the gravy(Sauce) From tomatos outta the garden also.

Everythin tastes sooo much better when its fresh right out of ur own garden yes.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 31 2005, 02:41 PM)
picked 2 eggplants outta my garden applaudit.gif
gonna be makin eggplant Rollatini 2nite.. freezin some so Indy gets a taste of some fresh from the garden munchies.
Everythin tastes sooo much better when its fresh right out of ur own garden yes.gif

Can I have some? My mouth is drool1.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 31 2005, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 31 2005, 02:41 PM)
picked 2 eggplants outta my garden  applaudit.gif
gonna be makin eggplant Rollatini 2nite..  freezin some so Indy gets a taste of some fresh from the garden munchies.
Everythin tastes sooo much better when its fresh right out of ur own garden  yes.gif

Can I have some? My mouth is drool1.gif

Sure cumon ovA, should be ready in bout 1/2 hour

MMMMM my whole APT smells of garlic drool1.gif

now THATS Italian! tongue.gif

Indys Train is runnin late and wont make it to LI till 3am mad.gif

Soo Im bakin him some sugar & chocolate chip/walnut cookies

Im also gonna try my hand at makin homemade Carrot cake/cream cheese frostin this week, I have to find a good recipe.

eh.gif Anyone know of a yummay and easy one out there?? confused13.gif

I found out recently that I can attribute some bothersome physical symptoms I've suffered for years to food allergies. I was just wondering if anyone else has specific foods they have to avoid, and if you have any good recipes. I'd type out the list of what I'm allergic to, but it would be too long... fists crying.gif

The bright side is that this is forcing me to get serious about healthy eating, especially if I actually want to have energy and feel good.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 14 2005, 12:03 PM)
Need pasta? PBJ? Cereal? Frozen pizza?

I'm your man...

Sure, as long as they're wheat, soy, dairy and yeast-free.

062802puke_prv.gif

Meatloaf dinner tonight.

Was thinkin of soup and sandwiches for dinner with this crappy weather

but decided on a good home cooked stick to ur ribs kinda dinner

and meatloaf sandwiches rule the next day with lotsa ketchup

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Chicken Recipe

Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a

stuffing -- imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought it

was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell

when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)

1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT) Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter,

salt,and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in

baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the

popping sounds.

When the chicken's ass blows the oven door open and the chicken

flies across the room, it is done.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2005, 11:29 AM)
I found out recently that I can attribute some bothersome physical symptoms I've suffered for years to food allergies.  I was just wondering if anyone else has specific foods they have to avoid, and if you have any good recipes.  I'd type out the list of what I'm allergic to, but it would be too long...  fists crying.gif

The bright side is that this is forcing me to get serious about healthy eating, especially if I actually want to have energy and feel good.

I gave up eating animal products around the turn o' the century. Seems that was what caused most of my 'discomfort' lol. Instead of losing weight like you'd think I would, it put my body back into balance and I've even gained 10 pounds since then. I'm now a slim 165lb. and 6' tall. About the same size as our man Geddy. tongue.gif

Still eat seafood though. Sort of like a Mediterranean diet mainly I guess. All types of Pasta and Seafood, and Veggies of course. I do eat soy based products also Ghost Girl but, I see they are on your list of baddies. You might try more of my type of diet, without the soy, and see how you do. Google up some Medit. recipes maybe.

Good luck.

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 21 2005, 02:49 PM)
When the chicken's ass blows the oven door open and the chicken
flies across the room, it is done.

LOL lrf! rofl3.gif That's a hell of a combo you got there with the chicken and the popcorn. Oh wait, I forgot the stuffing too. A Power Trio of sorts! tongue.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Oct 21 2005, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2005, 11:29 AM)
I found out recently that I can attribute some bothersome physical symptoms I've suffered for years to food allergies.  I was just wondering if anyone else has specific foods they have to avoid, and if you have any good recipes.  I'd type out the list of what I'm allergic to, but it would be too long...  fists crying.gif

I gave up eating animal products around the turn o' the century. Seems that was what caused most of my 'discomfort' lol. Instead of losing weight like you'd think I would, it put my body back into balance and I've even gained 10 pounds since then. I'm now a slim 165lb. and 6' tall. About the same size as our man Geddy. tongue.gif

Still eat seafood though. Sort of like a Mediterranean diet mainly I guess. All types of Pasta and Seafood, and Veggies of course. I do eat soy based products also Ghost Girl but, I see they are on your list of baddies. You might try more of my type of diet, without the soy, and see how you do. Google up some Medit. recipes maybe.

Good luck.

Thanks for that, Sirius. (See, now I have visions of Gary Oldman floating in my head... smile.gif)

I'm struggling through this, but I had NO idea how often soy is used for a replacement for something else in a food. I run into it EVERYWHERE.

I bought some rice milk today, so we'll see... unsure.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 21 2005, 04:08 PM)
Thanks for that, Sirius.  (See, now I have visions of Gary Oldman floating in my head...  smile.gif)

I'm struggling through this, but I had NO idea how often soy is used for a replacement for something else in a food.  I run into it EVERYWHERE.

I bought some rice milk today, so we'll see...  unsure.gif

lol GG, I had to look that Gary Oldman-Sirius connection up. I'm not much on the HP books and movies I guess. Gary Oldman is a damn good actor, always had been.

You should do ok with the rice milk I would think. My favorite soy milk is the chocolate stuff from 8th Continent. trink38.gif Mmm better than the real thing!

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Oct 21 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 21 2005, 04:08 PM)
Thanks for that, Sirius.  (See, now I have visions of Gary Oldman floating in my head...  smile.gif)

I'm struggling through this, but I had NO idea how often soy is used for a replacement for something else in a food.  I run into it EVERYWHERE.

I bought some rice milk today, so we'll see...  unsure.gif

lol GG, I had to look that Gary Oldman-Sirius connection up. I'm not much on the HP books and movies I guess. Gary Oldman is a damn good actor, always had been.

You should do ok with the rice milk I would think. My favorite soy milk is the chocolate stuff from 8th Continent. trink38.gif Mmm better than the real thing!

Oops....I assume everyone is a HP geek like moi. blush4.gif

Think im gonna make a coconut custard pie tonight

I feel like baking, I also got stuff to make a homemade apple pie.

hmmm which should i make tonight confused13.gif

Made Indy his fav.

Butterscotch Pudding pie

it's that time of year for all my holidays cookie baking to begin!!

yesterday i made marble brownies... chocolate mix and cream cheese mix swirled together....

i use apple sauce instead of oil and egg whites instead of the whole egg...

they are pretty easy, and pretty yummy!

now i gotta get going on 50 million other things....

where the heck does all the time go anyway?????