Cooking

My_Shrimp_Cot

Well, I personally love to cook but in seems to be becoming a lost art. I believe this is because of the stigma attached to it....(A woman's place is in the kitchen....blah...).

Please discuss your relationship with cooking. Does is ever make you feel like a servant or unimportant? When you cook do you do it well, or kind of throw stuff at the stove...? Is it ever a joy?

I wish the word cooking didn't conjure up visions of f*cking Martha Stewert and Betty Crocker.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not for nuthin but...most famous chefs are men! wink.gif

I love to cook, when I have the time to devote to making a great meal, and have the opportunity to work on it all afternoon...I HATE coming home from work in traffic, walking in the door and directly to the kitchen, to try to throw something together that's at least partly healthy and tastes good.

I love baking...I used to make my own bread, back when I was a stay at home mom.

I LOVE cookin and tryin out new recipes , if i have someone to cook for that is..cooking for just me blows and i usualy just make a bowl of cereal for dinner if it is just me.

IM making Stuffed zucchini for me & Indy tonight with one of the over grown zucchini's from the garden. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 10 2005, 01:11 PM)
I love to cook, when I have the time to devote to making a great meal, and have the opportunity to work on it all afternoon...I HATE coming home from work in traffic, walking in the door and directly to the kitchen, to try to throw something together that's at least partly healthy and tastes good.

Yeh....thats a problem.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 10 2005, 01:21 PM)
I LOVE cookin and tryin out new recipes , if i have someone to cook for that is..cooking for just me blows and i usualy just make a bowl of cereal for dinner if it is just me.
IM making Stuffed zucchini for me & Indy tonight with one of the over grown zucchini's from the garden. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif

It helps if it's FOR somebody.

I've eaten a lot of cereal for dinner. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 10 2005, 01:21 PM)

What time? I'll be there...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 10 2005, 01:11 PM)

I love baking...I used to make my own bread, back when I was a stay at home mom.

This is me, to a T! There are days that I want to cry, I miss having the time to spend hours in the kitchen so much. sad.gif

I love to cook. For family and friends. Not so much myself.

And, I also love when people eat lots of what I make.

It's funny, cause my brother called me the other day and asked me if I would make some enchillada suiza's. He said he's craving them. And, he'll pick them up when ready! laugh.gif

MSC, maybe you're hungry! You poor thing. wink.gif

Like most of you girls, I'm just too tired at the end the workday to cook anything substantial. But, I do think I'd be more interested in cooking if my darling husband appreciated it more ... he's wonderful in every way except that he's extremely finicky about food, and for some reason (hormones maybe?) I take it so bad if he says "you should've made it this way .." or whatever. I do find that I cook more when I'm on vacation from work, just because there's more time and I'm not so tired.

Right now, I'm making Mrs. T's Pierogis. Just for me. biggrin.gif

I used to love to cook, and bake. I did everything from scratch, no boxes for me. Now, that I will have someone to cook for in the future, I will make great meals, and he loves to cook too, so we will do it together. wub.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 10 2005, 06:31 PM)
I used to love to cook, and bake. I did everything from scratch, no boxes for me. Now, that I will have someone to cook for in the future, I will make great meals, and he loves to cook too, so we will do it together. wub.gif

Thats the spirit!

i do like to cook when the time allots it....

baking for sure, but i hate heating up the house this time of year!! AAAAHHH!

grilling everything is the way to go this time of year!!!....except...that i suck at grilling...just ask the pork chops i turned crispy crunchy last night..... unsure.gif

i've got tons of veggies from my garden to use right now... lots of zuccini ( that i shredded and froze for future zuccini bread) and yellow squash... acorn... i'm canning tomatoes today because there's way too many and i can't stand to throw away good food!! lots of salads from my garden too!!

YUM!!!!

so, lots of veggies and salads right now... low maintenance food is the way to go!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 10 2005, 10:11 AM)

I'm with you on this one. Although I don't make my own bread.

I do enjoy cooking when I have time & it's for more than just me.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 11 2005, 10:31 AM)

It's true! Here's proof:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Cali%20Trip/PICT0034.jpg

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 11 2005, 10:36 AM)

It's true! Here's proof:

biggrin.gif

That is sexy!!! biggrin.gif

Nice shirt, Digi. I have that also. We'll have to both wear them when I make it to Cali. wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 11 2005, 07:45 AM)

It's true! Here's proof:

biggrin.gif

That is sexy!!! biggrin.gif

Nice shirt, Digi. I have that also. We'll have to both wear them when I make it to Cali. wink.gif

That's a deal Sully.

GG, thanks for sharing. wink.gif laugh.gif

(she likes the pic because I am cooking breakfast for her cool.gif )

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 11 2005, 10:49 AM)
GG, thanks for sharing. wink.gif laugh.gif
(she likes the pic because I am cooking breakfast for her cool.gif )

Absolutely right. I had it made. cool.gif

It's true! Here's proof:

biggrin.gif

Great pic!

Nice to see you digi bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 11 2005, 08:06 PM)
I'm so glad Huck can cook. 1022.gif

Good job really, I couldn't eat Kraft Dinner or Grandpa Soup EVERY day rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

You can iron my shirts and do the "hoovering" instead laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 11 2005, 01:20 PM)

Good job really, I couldn't eat Kraft Dinner or Grandpa Soup EVERY day rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Deal. heart.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 11 2005, 08:28 PM)

Deal. heart.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Nice avatar and sig babe wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 11 2005, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 11 2005, 08:28 PM)

Deal. heart.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Nice avatar and sig babe wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Ever had Roger's sugar?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif