Instruments

Christo

Hope they bring out those quad-neck guitars!

9600d1365472812-rush_guitars.jpg

Ya I sure do miss them ol quads.. But alas they were from the long gone 70's.

What I don't really miss though is when Geddy used to hit them keyboard notes with his penis in the middle of a bass solo ..Alex flicking picks at the audience with his nipples.. Them were some craaaazy shows. !!

Now that is a show that I would pay good money to see. :LOL:

..that's makes one of us ;) haha

• Like 1

Hope they bring out those quad-neck guitars!

9600d1365472812-rush_guitars.jpg

Ya I sure do miss them ol quads.. But alas they were from the long gone 70's.

What I don't really miss though is when Geddy used to hit them keyboard notes with his penis in the middle of a bass solo ..Alex flicking picks at the audience with his nipples.. Them were some craaaazy shows. !!

Now that is a show that I would pay good money to see. :LOL:

..that's makes one of us ;) haha

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.

• Like 2

I am not a guitar player so i am wondering why do people mention about the Rick's are heavy?? Seriously? I know Geddy is not the most masculine fellow out there but c'mon, strap on the Rick and tear it up like you used to! Geez!

And that's the key, isn't it? Tear it up like you used to. He's sixty-something, not 30-something or even 40-something. He physically can't tear it up like he used to.

that's just a dumb-ass comment to make. He can't sing like he used to, but he is the bass player he was in '75, '85, '95. 2005 and today. If you can't grasp that, you're clueless. Watch Freewill on TMT..is he struggling to tear it up? He's older, so his fingers don't work as well? Stupid...

I am not a guitar player so i am wondering why do people mention about the Rick's are heavy?? Seriously? I know Geddy is not the most masculine fellow out there but c'mon, strap on the Rick and tear it up like you used to! Geez!

And that's the key, isn't it? Tear it up like you used to. He's sixty-something, not 30-something or even 40-something. He physically can't tear it up like he used to.

that's just a dumb-ass comment to make. He can't sing like he used to, but he is the bass player he was in '75, '85, '95. 2005 and today. If you can't grasp that, you're clueless. Watch Freewill on TMT..is he struggling to tear it up? He's older, so his fingers don't work as well? Stupid...

I'm not saying he can't play. I'm just saying he can't play like he's 20 of 30. It's natural. YES, I'm saying his fingers don't work as well. Ask any 40 or 50 something on this forum and I guarentee they will tell you that's a bit harder to physically do certain things now than 20-30 years ago.

A pro golfer hits the ball further at 25 then when he's 55. A pro quarterback throws the ball further when he was 20 compared to when he was 50. What both have in common is that they are still accurate, still have precision in their art.

I'm not saying he can't play. I'm just saying he can't play like he's 20 of 30. It's natural. YES, I'm saying his fingers don't work as well. Ask any 40 or 50 something on this forum and I guarentee they will tell you that's a bit harder to physically do certain things now than 20-30 years ago.

A pro golfer hits the ball further at 25 then when he's 55. A pro quarterback throws the ball further when he was 20 compared to when he was 50. What both have in common is that they are still accurate, still have precision in their art.

different muscle groups...bad analogy. and none of the 40-50 year old musicians in this forum are lifetime pro's, who care for themselves like touring pros do dumbass. did you watch the freewill from TMT yet?

They are. Also the Ric neck is wider and thicker than the jazz. It's like playing a telephone pole compared to the jazz.

But really, the weight issue is with the double neck, not just the Ric. It is quite a bit heavier. I would think just for Xanadu they could break them out. The place would go insane. Of course he'll have to that for 50+ shows or whatever the number is.

The man is almost 62. Would be great to see one last time. I have to admit.

• Like 1

They are. Also the Ric neck is wider and thicker than the jazz. It's like playing a telephone pole compared to the jazz.

:P Nice analogy.

• Like 1

But really, the weight issue is with the double neck, not just the Ric. It is quite a bit heavier. I would think just for Xanadu they could break them out. The place would go insane. Of course he'll have to that for 50+ shows or whatever the number is.

It would be awesome if they could do it. They have to know that people would love to see it. If this is supposed to be sort of a retro show it would fit in perfectly.

As far as Rics go, people tend to not know they're a bit heavier because they're made of maple, which is a very dense, hard wood. Fenders are usually made of ash or alder, which is usually a little bit lighter.

Actually I'm a little surprised he's not had more basses made for him. He's really not been very experimental with different things over the years.

Geddy has a lucrative endorsement with Fender which would be a big loss for him if he upset them playing another companys guitars!

Not really...his deal with Fender is allowing them to make his signature bass. He's not going to tell Fender "oh ya boss, i'll only play me jazz bass eh?"...it's more like: "so... i will play what the hell i want to play, and you can (suck it) take off eh if you don't like selling 500 of my sig basses every month." The other thing to remember is he has a working relationship with Fender- he has guys in the custom shop that do work he likes and is comfortable with, so experimenting with other companies isn't all that much of a need for him i';d guess. If you have the best builders at Fender custom shop on your cell; awaiting to hear form you- life's pretty good me tinks. You don't see Pratt getting drums made for him by anyone besides DW, cuz to him, they simply make the best stuff, period. Lerxt is a little different- but he's a guitar player and they are more experimental by nature. Even then, he has been locked in pretty much solely with Gibson for almost 10 years & just starting to venture off a tad.

I love the Rick too, but Ged sounds pretty damn amazing with the Jazzes. If it's not broke...

It would be awesome if they could do it. They have to know that people would love to see it. If this is supposed to be sort of a retro show it would fit in perfectly.

As far as Rics go, people tend to not know they're a bit heavier because they're made of maple, which is a very dense, hard wood. Fenders are usually made of ash or alder, which is usually a little bit lighter.

Actually I'm a little surprised he's not had more basses made for him. He's really not been very experimental with different things over the years.

From what I've been reading, Ged's been 'collecting' basses the past year so it stands to reason that you'll see alot of variety from him, but perhaps not the Ricky.

From what I've been reading, Ged's been 'collecting' basses the past year so it stands to reason that you'll see alot of variety from him, but perhaps not the Ricky.

I have a feeling those are basses he wants to use for recording, but who knows!

I never noticed a difference in weight between the Ric and the jazz... The Steinberger I had humorously enough was heavier than both of them. One thing I remember Lee saying about the Ric was that the sound wasn't as fat. I agree though always thought the Ric had a great sound. One thing I remember was the neck was a pain to keep straight.