The Official Ramones Thread

The Cat 3

1 - 2 - 3 - 4!

So, I'm in the middle of a Ramones marathon and am just enjoying it so much.

I was wondering if there are any other fans of this influential and grossly under appreciated bands here on TRF.

Check out this documentary...

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/promo_650/public/media/ramones-cover-650.jpg

• Like 5

Lobotomy!!! Lobotomy!!!Lobotomy!!!

Nothing like yelling that in the car soaring down the quickway...

• Like 3

1 - 2 - 3 - 4!

So, I'm in the middle of a Ramones marathon and am just enjoying it so much.

I was wondering if there are any other fans of this influential and grossly under appreciated bands here on TRF.

Check out this documentary...

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/promo_650/public/media/ramones-cover-650.jpg

I love it!! GREAT THREAD! GREAT BAND!!!!!

• Like 3

I've seen the Ramones a few times and they were always so much fun! Don't like the current song? Wait two minutes and there will be a new one! :D

A friend just read Marky Ramone's autobiography and recommended it, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

• Like 2

You know, I'm not the biggest fan of their music, although I do enjoy a little from time to time. However, I'm being quite serious when I say that they are probably up there with The Beatles when it comes to influencing other bands. It seems like everyone I like loves The Ramones.
  • Like 4

You know, I'm not the biggest fan of their music, although I do enjoy a little from time to time. However, I'm being quite serious when I say that they are probably up there with The Beatles when it comes to influencing other bands. It seems like everyone I like loves The Ramones.

Rick you rule! You respect the greatness of this band even if you don't care for them. Sadly I will never understand the greatness of Cheap Trick.

I respect Rick and Zander but I can't stand the band.

Bun E. is a joke.

• Like 2

I'm a huge Beatles fan and a huge Ramones fan and I had to read your post twice.

It took a second to sink and I realized you are absolutely right.

Their influence on the music world is amazing.

• Like 2

I'm a huge Beatles fan and a huge Ramones fan and I had to read your post twice.

How many times have you read an interview with a band, be it a punk band, a hair metal band, whatever, and when they're asked who they were influenced by, they include The Ramones? I'm dead serious. It seems like everyone mentions them as an influence.

• Like 3

The energy and sincerity of the Ramones' music is undeniable. Totally original.

And they had the same secret weapon as the Beatles. A secret weapon that is so obvious and out in the open, that most people don't realize what it is. It's the ability to write great MELODIES.

When you get right down to it - it's not the lyrical depth or the chord progressions or the instrumental virtuosity - it's great melodies that matter most.

• Like 3

The Ramones were amazing. It recently sank in that they are the only band of their level of influence in which every original/core member is dead. We've still got a couple Beatles and Velvets and miraculously the Stones remain largely in tact. Apart from solo artists, The Ramones are it. Even Arturo is gone.
  • Like 2

How many times have you read an interview with a band, be it a punk band, a hair metal band, whatever, and when they're asked who they were influenced by, they include The Ramones? I'm dead serious. It seems like everyone mentions them as an influence.

So true and well deserved.

• Like 1

"Rock And Roll High School" is a great movie.

Love,

PJ SOLES

I was so in love with Riff Randell!

http://blog.nastygal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Ramones-rocknroll2.jpg

Edited by ReGorLaTroy