What will be the opening song?

LocalsBandGuy

Honestly they ought to make it something that they haven't played in like forever. Something the crowd will go crazy for. Hemispheres would be awesome or even Xanadu.
  • Like 1

Honestly they ought to make it something that they haven't played in like forever. Something the crowd will go crazy for. Hemispheres would be awesome or even Xanadu.

If they opened with Xanadu there's an excellent chance I'd pass out on the spot.

• Like 2

If they opened with Xanadu there's an excellent chance I'd pass out on the spot.

I know what you mean. I'm hoping they don't open with it though, since it's a song that fits better later on in the setlist. First song is just excitement as they come out and people don't really settle down and listen until the next few songs. :LOL:

• Like 1

I just hope it's something unexpected that they normally don't open with. I feel like I will yawn if they just open with TSOR yet again. C'mon guys, be adventurous!

I keep thinking how much it would blow people's minds if they came on jamming to "YYZ"!

I just hope it's something unexpected that they normally don't open with. I feel like I will yawn if they just open with TSOR yet again. C'mon guys, be adventurous!

I keep thinking how much it would blow people's minds if they came on jamming to "YYZ"!

That'd be awesome! YYZ would make a really cool opener. The crowd always loves it!

I haven't read the whole thread yet so bear with me. I would love for them to open with Finding My Way. I do realize that is not going to happen. But it would be cool. Dreamline is also a great opener. Spirit of Radio too, but I think it now works better late in the set when they do CONCERT HALL and turn the lights on and take the crowd picture. I did not thing Subdivisions was a good opener (love the song though). I think they should open with something that has more drive. Something powerful. Grab the crowd from the first second.

Anthem would certainly fit the bill.

I don't see them opening the show with an overture, but we might see one open up the second set.

As far as opening songs, I think it will be a newr song (Anyone from Signals) here are a few ones that I'd like to see:

Far Cry: This song has a great groove, I'm a bit surprised it didn't open either the Time Machine or the Clockwork Angels tours.

Dreamline: My favorite show opener other than TSOR.

Headlong Flight: The opening riffs are awesome, but I'm not sure I see the entire song as a whole as an opener. Still, it would be a rocking way to kick off the show.

Animate: Just a great song, and one that I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen opening either set of a tour yet.