The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

Have acquired about 32 IM albums this year, still haven't listened to them all (I'm typically a random shuffle kind of guy, lol). Pinpointing my favorite songs and albums is a bit complicated, but Powerslave and Piece of Mind head the list, with A Matter of Life and Death, Seventh Son, and Brave New World circulating in this righteous mix. :NP:

A Matter of Life and Death has got to be my next purchase.

• Like 1

I double-checked my IM collection. It's comprised of 44 discs, many of which are live double albums, B-side offerings, etc. 33 albums.
  • Like 1

Unholy Shit! Another Iron Maiden Thread! Where do I begin???

"Killers' is the greatest Maiden album ever.

"Piece Of Mind" with "Dick"inson is his best ever!

Then again I am a "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" addict. Progressive Metal at it's finest.

I've seen Iron Maiden every tour since "Somewhere In Time."

That's not that impressive.

Wait I didn't see the shit album tours with that other shit singer who replaced Bruce.

Personally have no fuckinng clue why they had to add that third guitar player. He is useless like tits on a bull. JMO

You only need Smith and Murray!!!!!!

WTF?????

NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!

"TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL!"

Love,

STRYPER

Personally have no fuckinng clue why they had to add that third guitar player. He is useless like tits on a bull. JMO

You only need Smith and Murray!!!!!!

Adrian quit for a while and when he returned they just didn't kick Janick out. He is pretty useless though as far as the sound.,.more of a stunt guitarist.

Really liked this band when they first burst on to the scene. They stood out as the best of the NWOBHM that

came marching through the wreckage of "Punk Rock".

In those days, it was the likes of Paul Di'annio on vocals, Clive Burr on drums, and Daryl Stratton on guitar.

Those first 2 Maiden albums especially, were classics. Great live, I saw them a couple of times supporting Kiss on an early European tour, and later when they became headliners. Always a great show. It began to get a bit dodgy with the never ending lineup changes, but Harris played a master stroke when he brought all 3 recent guitarists back into the one lineup.

Must be honest and say that like AC/DC,I have not heard any of their material for decades.

Really liked this band when they first burst on to the scene. They stood out as the best of the NWOBHM that

came marching through the wreckage of "Punk Rock".

In those days, it was the likes of Paul Di'annio on vocals, Clive Burr on drums, and Daryl Stratton on guitar.

Those first 2 Maiden albums especially, were classics. Great live, I saw them a couple of times supporting Kiss on an early European tour, and later when they became headliners. Always a great show. It began to get a bit dodgy with the never ending lineup changes, but Harris played a master stroke when he brought all 3 recent guitarists back into the one lineup.

Must be honest and say that like AC/DC,I have not heard any of their material for decades.

I've said it before and am happy to repeat it...I'd give back the entire Maiden catalog for those first 2 albums!!

And while Dennis Stratton was the second guitarist on the debut, Adrian was in place for Killers. :D-13: :codger:

If you haven't seen this DVD, make it a point to!! Simply phenomenal footage covering pre-first album through Piece of Mind including a performance and the Ruskin Arms!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Iron_Maiden_-_The_Early_Days.jpg

http://en.wikipedia...._The_Early_Days

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 1

Now that does look interesting. Will seek that out, thanks.

Last time I saw them live was in the mid 80's in Germany. The 3 guitarists were already in place.

Stunning lineup that night. Scorpions, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Krokus, Twisted Sister Quiet Riot and MSG.

Being Germany, the whole thing was televised. I have 4 hrs of performances from that night on video somewhere.

Was that possibly in Dortmund?

Now that does look interesting. Will seek that out, thanks.

Last time I saw them live was in the mid 80's in Germany. The 3 guitarists were already in place.

Stunning lineup that night. Scorpions, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Krokus, Twisted Sister Quiet Riot and MSG.

Being Germany, the whole thing was televised. I have 4 hrs of performances from that night on video somewhere.

Edited by Justin Case

I bought my brother in law "Piece Of Mind" on virgin vinyl for his birthday.

You should have seen his face.

He looked like a little kid when he opened it up!

EPIC MOMENT!

MAIDEN RULES!! Except for those two SHIT SANDWICH albums without Bruce!!

• Like 3

Yes! Dortmund Westfahlen Halle. Stages, one at each end of the hall so only 15 minutes between bands .

Correction ,Gers was not playing. :facepalm: I saw so many guitar players that night I must have imagined the trio.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn
  • Like 1

Yes! Dortmund Westfahlen Halle. Stages, one at each end of the hall so only 15 minutes between bands .

Correction ,Gers was not playing. :facepalm: I saw so many guitar players that night I must have imagined the trio.

If it was the Piece of Mind tour, all but (I think) one song is on that DVD that I posted (obviously, just Maiden...not all those other acts). Unfortunately, the missing track is Iron Maiden, which was when Eddie came out...and that particular show, they killed him!! Beat the crap out of him...stomped on him....ripped the top of his head off....fun stuff!! The good news is that footage does appear on another release (12 Wasted Years), which is included in History of IM part 3: Maiden England.

Lot of great music, and I am going to jump on the Powerslave bandwagon. Always loved that one from start to finish.

I have a great memory of English Lit class my senior year in high school, my teacher actually played Rime of the Ancient Mariner for the class. Cool teacher, huh? :haz:

• Like 1

I saw Paul live twice, 2004 and 2012...he´s a shadow of his former self, and acts like a prick. A guy came up on stage to hug him and he punched him in the face! Plus he doesn´t really have a band, he hires local musicians to play with him.

He lives in Rio, I think. I've also seen him a couple times and he's always going on about how great it is down there.

I agree...he's definitely not what he was, but it's fun to see the first 2 albums performed. He should really add Women in Uniform to the set!!