The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

I don't think Adrian would have been a good fit for Def Leppard at all. Vivian definitely was the better choice for them.

Maybe. To be honest, I thought the same thing about Campbell at the time though, too.

I was just becoming a Dio and Maiden fan around the time Vivian joined Leppard. So, I didn't really have any thoughts about it back then. But I feel like Adrian was too good of a player for them. I can't say that about Vivian.

I don't think Adrian would have been a good fit for Def Leppard at all. Vivian definitely was the better choice for them.

Maybe. To be honest, I thought the same thing about Campbell at the time though, too.

I was just becoming a Dio and Maiden fan around the time Vivian joined Leppard. So, I didn't really have any thoughts about it back then. But I feel like Adrian was too good of a player for them. I can't say that about Vivian.

Interesting. I became a Dio fan when he joined Sabbath. Campbell was very much an 80s style shredder when Dio left after Live Evil and recorded Holy Diver. I don't see much of significant technical difference between them.

Maybe they'll just drop the whole album all at once.

They can afford to do that. It would certainly be a fun thing for them to do. But that could hurt album sales. I know they won't get a gold or platinum album here in the US anymore. But there are other parts of the world where their new stuff still sells pretty well.

Iron Maiden's new c.d., and album was revealed called "Senjutsu" with the song list, front cover, and the release date is Sept. 3. I don't think it has disappoint. Edited by Derek19

This site is in BRazilian POrtuguese, but the images are what matters - check out the different versions/formats of the new album:

http://www.ironmaiden666.com.br/2021/07/senjutsu-confira-detalhes-do-boxset.html?fbclid=IwAR0rk_j-YVYfaKCqY3HPdzeqnxez0ugSoMrK3M6wyVe34kBzZwW-oECM5S4

• Like 1

I still say the debut and Killers are as good as anything else in their discography.

I'd take both over Powerslave

10 songs running 81ish minutes?

https://www.kerrang....album-senjutsu/

It's all Kevin Shirley's fault. As producer he should tell Steve Harris that certain things need to get trimmed down. But he obviously never says anything.

He probably does and gets ignored.

I still say the debut and Killers are as good as anything else in their discography.

The Di'Anno albums are an interesting case for me. For my tastes they pale so far in comparison to the best Bruce albums, but they have their own brand of classic metal that works really well for what it is, and I certainly can't deny their importance. I just never really reach for the music off of those two.

FWIW I find the debut to be stronger than Killers.