5. Toto XIV

6. Toto IV

7. The Seventh One

8. Hydra

9. Falling Inbetween

10. Kingdom of Desire

11. Isolation

12. Mindfields

and they made and all covers album which i never cared for.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't know why, but I get this strong medieval / proggy vibe from so much of Toto's music that just makes everything seem totally epic and grand. It could be just another love song, but the way they play it it may as well be Xanadu or Supper's Ready or something. But they keep everything smooth and concise and totally AOR, but with that epic, life or death vibe looming ever in the background. Hold The Line is such a good example, it must've been the prototype for later songs where that dramatism is a little more subtle.

So yeah still digging Toto IV. Why did no one tell me just to grab this record in the first place? Lol

• Like 1

Steve Lukather

This man has made every song twice as good with his soloing alone.

And his tone... almost as perfect as Alex or Brian May... It's just smooth and clean enough to blend well and to be detailed with, but has a quick fuse for going absolutely nuts and face melting with distortion and feedback when nessecary.

• Like 1

My rankings:

1. Fahrenheit

2. Tambu

3. Isolation

4. IV

5. Toto

6. XIV

7. The Seventh One

8. Falling In Between

9. Turn Back

10. Hydra

11. Mindfields

12. Kingdom Of Desire

• Like 1

I'm tellying you Entre. Check out Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees. it's basically the first unofficial Toto record. The band play on it save for Lukathar who didn't join till the Silk Degrees Tour. FANTASTIC spin though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I'm tellying you Entre. Check out Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees. it's basically the first unofficial Toto record. The band play on it save for Lukathar who didn't join till the Silk Degrees Tour. FANTASTIC spin though.

Mick

I second that! I keep forgetting to add it to my collection.

• Like 1

Mick

never mind Toto being on it.....it's just a fantastic record. it's not REALLY AOR......well kinda......but it's honorary AOR for me, lol

Yea every Toto fan needs it though.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

never mind Toto being on it.....it's just a fantastic record. it's not REALLY AOR......well kinda......but it's honorary AOR for me, lol

Mick

Moreso than Through The Looking Glass

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Moreso than Through The Looking Glass

that record is so non essential. I was so disappointed when they announced that album. i'm just not a fan of cover albums no matter who does it.

Mick

I don't post in this thread because I being the Lone Wolf TOTO fan. I don't like to hang around with the crowd slapping each other on the back and all that foolishness.

Listen you RUSH TOTO freaks...there can only be ONE! One TOTO fan and it's me! All you others are fake!

Death to the fake TOTO fans! :madra:

• Like 1

After re listening to a couple of songs of there's (About 5) they seem pretty okay ish imo.

they're not for everybody.....but i'll take ok-ish, lol

they are an easy top 5 band for me.

Mick

• Like 2

After re listening to a couple of songs of there's (About 5) they seem pretty okay ish imo.

Check out Fahrenheit. 80s pop gold with GREAT guitar playing and vocals.

• Like 2

Toto and Rush are probably the two bands I am guilty of forgetting I love as much as I do. I come back to them and in always like...erm...THEY BAE!

I kinda hear a lot of cheesy Toto vibes in Ghost.

• Like 2

Toto and Rush are probably the two bands I am guilty of forgetting I love as much as I do. I come back to them and in always like...erm...THEY BAE!

I don't really like Ghost. ok at best. mostly forgettable for me.

I've tried.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I never have listened to Boz, I'll have to check him out probably next week. Ty for the rec. Oh, and I gotta get back to my Chicago records next week too. Of course the only ones left in my collection that I haven't listened through are from the 80s, but I aught to at least give them a shot.

• Like 1

Mick

I never have listened to Boz, I'll have to check him out probably next week. Ty for the rec. Oh, and I gotta get back to my Chicago records next week too. Of course the only ones left in my collection that I haven't listened through are from the 80s, but I aught to at least give them a shot.

80's Chicago is just like basic 80's pop. nothing terrible. but after 70's Kath era it's useless, lol

But i really would like your opinion on Silk Degrees.

Mick

• Like 1

I've tried.

Mick

Honestly?

I think its a short phase for me. They won't be a lifetime favourite I am certain of that.

• Like 1

I've tried.

Mick

Honestly?

I think its a short phase for me. They won't be a lifetime favourite I am certain of that.

not for nothing.......i think so too :laughing guy:

they're not bad that would be a lie.......but they just kinda there for me.

Mick

I've tried.

Mick

Honestly?

not for nothing.......i think so too :laughing guy:

they're not bad that would be a lie.......but they just kinda there for me.

Mick

I enjoy the easy listening vibe and they are...harmless. John really likes them too, that's been fun (HE actually bought Meliora, not me!).

They also slot nicely into playlists with other bands I like. I don't mind the lyrics and I do love the atmosphere they create. It's like a Kiss version of Paradise Lost sometimes lol.

Listening to Fahrenheit again.

It is my favourite pop album of the eighties alongside Mirage and A-ha's eighties works.

It's probably my favourite but Mirage means a lot to me.

• Like 2