The Official Toto Appreciation Thread

Segue Myles

I am going to collect the Rock Candy Toto remasters. I have always found both Hydra and Turn Back to be especially weak sounding (speaking only of the CD's). So maybe the remasters have done a good job!

I have both the vinyl and Rock Candy version of Strangeways Native Sons, and the CD sounds really great. So I have faith!

Watching their live in Poland show on palladia right now.

Verdict?

Watched 35th anniversary tour on palladia this afternoon. I own it but since it was on why not take a nap and just leave it on. It sounds freaking amazing! It's a stellar live recording. Looks great also. Luke is such an amazing player. Simon is a perfect fit for that band. So freaking solid. Huge drum sound. What a great band. I also dig the Falling In Between live tour. That's a great blue ray to have. Great songs on that tour. I don't mind Bobby K. Joe is a better fit. Love his tone. Hope they put out a live DVD of their current tour.
  • Like 1

just because.......lists.

in order

1. Fahrenheit

2. Tambu

3. Toto

4. XIV

5. IV

6. The Seventh One.

7. Turn Back

8. Falling In Between

9. XX( Unreleased stuff......but great)

10. Hydra

11. Kingdom of Desire

then tied for Worst

Isolation

Mindfeilds

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

just because.......lists.

in order

1. Fahrenheit

2. Tambu

3. Toto

4. XIV

5. IV

6. The Seventh One.

7. Turn Back

8. Falling In Between

9. XX( Unreleased stuff......but great)

10. Hydra

11. Kingdom of Desire

then tied for Worst

Isolation

Mindfeilds

Mick

Well our top list is similar:

1. Fahrenheit (10/10)

2. Tambu (9.5/10)

3. Isolation (sometimes swapped with Tambu) (9.5/10)

4. IV (9.5/10)

5. XIV (9/10)

6. The Seventh One (8/10)

7. XX (8/10)

8. Turn Back (7.5/10)

9. Toto (7/10)

10. Hydra (7/10)

11. Kingdom Of Desire (7/10)

12. Falling In Between (6.5/10)

13. Mindfields (3/10)

I know I rated the debut low. I think I might regret that later, but this list is how I feel right now!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I was thinking........i really would prefer Boz Scaggs To kimball in Toto. Toto played behind him on Silk Degrees. Use him. I don't care how classic the first 4 may be. That Silk Degrees album worked. it would have made the first run of Toto so bad ass.

Kimball blows.

Mick

• Like 1

I was thinking........i really would prefer Boz Scaggs To kimball in Toto. Toto played behind him on Silk Degrees. Use him. I don't care how classic the first 4 may be. That Silk Degrees album worked. it would have made the first run of Toto so bad ass.

Kimball blows.

Mick

I agree only to a point. But an alternate reality Scaggs fronted Toto could intrigue! But water went wrong with Kimball led to Isolation and Fahrenheit. I am glad it happened!

Kimball blows.

Mick

I agree only to a point. But an alternate reality Scaggs fronted Toto could intrigue! But water went wrong with Kimball led to Isolation and Fahrenheit. I am glad it happened!

Good point. But oh......what could have been. i would have to say if Scaggs was there and booted in favor of say......willams. i tell ya i wouldn't have been able to accept williams as much. just being honest. so maybe it worked out.

cause i love me some Boz

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Kimball blows.

Mick

Good point. But oh......what could have been. i would have to say if Scaggs was there and booted in favor of say......willams. i tell ya i wouldn't have been able to accept williams as much. just being honest. so maybe it worked out.

cause i love me some Boz

Mick

I just want Fahrenheit the way it is forever! Otherwise, go wild on those first four albums.

Isolation, sorry buddy, is perfect the way it is. At least it's obscure enough to be ignored if you don't like it!

Kimball blows.

Mick

cause i love me some Boz

Mick

I just want Fahrenheit the way it is forever! Otherwise, go wild on those first four albums.

Isolation, sorry buddy, is perfect the way it is. At least it's obscure enough to be ignored if you don't like it!

ok.......i was listening to Isolation. i was struck by how cold and and sterle it sounds. the warmth of the first 4 is gone.

i'm glad you enjoy it though.

Mick

Bobby Kimball claimed recently he sings as well as he did 20 years ago.

Erm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSvWSYgSM-g

Just found this and had to share the suffering.

:eh:

Ehhhmm...thank you?

Is that an appropriate response? :huh:

;)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

:eh:

Ehhhmm...thank you?

Is that an appropriate response? :huh:

;)

I am feeling better today, and had time to check out the interweb...that video scarred me! Lol

Will post only in these basic threads I am known to haunt.

• Like 1

It's good to hear you're doing better. And it's always good to see you round the forum.

Just had to keep in touch today with just a select few. I would go mad without a little distraction.

SO I listened to about half of Falling in Between...very different, yeah. I like the different direction, and the heavier edge.

The riffing on the title track (and the vocal, even) remind me of Haken, actually! Bottom of Your Soul seemed to be the most Toto-sounding thing I heard on it (by that I mean a song that has the kind of sound I identify with them the most, historically).

What I heard was very good, so...I'm interested.

• Like 2

SO I listened to about half of Falling in Between...very different, yeah. I like the different direction, and the heavier edge.

The riffing on the title track (and the vocal, even) remind me of Haken, actually! Bottom of Your Soul seemed to be the most Toto-sounding thing I heard on it (by that I mean a song that has the kind of sound I identify with them the most, historically).

What I heard was very good, so...I'm interested.

Just noticed this!

I really hate one song on this album, and a couple of others do nothing for me. But this album has some of Toto's best songs!

I really love Spiritual Man, really do!

• Like 1