What is your LEAST favorite album ?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

Agreed ^^^^^

So happy though my top 3 are here.

1. Permanent Waves

2. Hemispheres

3. Moving Pictures

A glorious top 3 indeed. Rush perfection.

I vote Permanent Waves. I had to because...Hemispheres.

Boooooo Booooooo

Boooooo Booooooo

Sorry but I had to. Hemispheres is the only album I've never gotten tired of at one time or another. It's pulled me through some dark patches in life.

• Like 3

Same. And for the same reason.

Permanent Waves is the only one of the three remaining that I consider anywhere short of perfection. Different Strings makes it a 9.9, just for the anti-climactic fade-out during a very tasty Alex solo.

• Like 1

Boooooo Booooooo

Sorry but I had to. Hemispheres is the only album I've never gotten tired of at one time or another. It's pulled me through some dark patches in life.

Just having some fun Moon. I love Hemispheres and it could easily be my #1 over Waves. Easily.

• Like 1

Boooooo Booooooo

Just having some fun Moon. I love Hemispheres and it could easily be my #1 over Waves. Easily.

Yay! :D

Still gotta go with Moving Pictures no matter how great I think it is. They had turned the corner at that point from the style I loved so much... :codger:
  • Like 1

So, do the people who voted against PeW move to MP to save Hemispheres, or do the people who voted against MP move to PeW to save Hemispheres?

So impossible. This is like choosing between Revolver, Sgt Peppers, and Abbey Road. PeW, like Revolver, is perfection and just plain cool; and, the album which seems to get named "best" by hardcore devotees more than any other. MP, like Sgt Peppers, is the icon, the one album which most people most identify with the band. Abbey Road, like Hemi, is a rich and colorful aural landscape with two very distinct sides. Critics point to flaws in both, but if I could only take one disc from both bands to a desert island it would be those.

So, do I choose perfection, iconic status, or personal attachment? Do I go with my heart and keep Hemi, as I would Abbey Road, or my head and vote Hemi out, as I would Abbey Road? No united sphere on this one.

For now, going with the head as I think that both PeW and MP are stronger albums than Hemi, all things considered. Like voting against AFTK just doesn't feel right though. Subject to change as certainly my vote will decide all this :sarcastic: .

Edit: I just noticed the thread title is "Least Favorite" rather than "Least Glorious." This changes things as Hemi has always been my favorite, so it stays. PeW or MP? I'll give side two to PeW but side one to MP. I need a tiebreaker. I guess that will be Red Barchetta, so PeW gets the vote.

Edited by Rutlefan

So, do the people who voted against PeW move to MP to save Hemispheres, or do the people who voted against MP move to PeW to save Hemispheres?

So cynical... :eyeroll: :P

This statement I realize is not 100% accurate or true for everyone but I really think this battle is really where old school and new school really clash. More so than even the other rounds. That's why I think Permanent Waves will win out. It is the best of both worlds... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 4