Lost

LedRush

Yea, Locke grew more frustrating as the seasons progressed. He's all in with the mystical island lore. I was more a fan of the sci fi strangeness, less mythical sixth season. Jim Lefluer in season 5 was hysterical, as when they saw themselves in the old Dharma photos. In "other settings" I am assuming that's the alternate reality scenes if the plane landed safely in LA? Those were the best part of the final season. Can't say any more til you reach the end!

So I saw the finale...it resolved a lot, but didn't seem to explain enough. Where's Walt? Why were the people chosen? Is the world continuing in the alternate side universe, or are all universes continuing simultaneously?

While I was satisfied with the resolution generally, it seemed a bit too religious-y and allegorical.

So why did everyone hate the ending so much? I'm sure if I paid more attention while watching and discussed the show for 6 years instead of 5 weeks of binge-watching while doing other things, I'd have a lot more invested, but it seemed ok to me.

What I loved most about LOST was the psychological aspect; the characters' backstories and how they were interrelated before arriving on the island. I wish they would have stuck more with that and not gone off in so many other directions such as the monsters, good guys vs. bad guys, etc. Loved the ending and will remember it the rest of my life. I agree with your comments above LedRush but religious-y and allegorical stuff really appeal to me which probably explains why I liked it.
  • Like 1

I would agree that it was a remarkable show, esp. at the time. I was one of the folks who was watching it right from the first episode and I can remember going into the office the next day and somebody saying to me "You know, I saw the best show last night" and I was like "You saw Lost also?" and people just got talking about it if they had seen it and did not want to stop. The folks who had not see it were like "What are you talking about?" and we just kept telling them they had to check it out. The next week many of them came back and were just like "Wow! You were so right. Thats such a good show".

I watched and loved the first 3 seasons. Then it got too strange and I sort of stopped watching until the final season which watched and enjoyed. Unlike many I liked the final episode. Someday I want to go back and watch the entire series again.

• Like 1

So I saw the finale...it resolved a lot, but didn't seem to explain enough. Where's Walt? Why were the people chosen? Is the world continuing in the alternate side universe, or are all universes continuing simultaneously?

While I was satisfied with the resolution generally, it seemed a bit too religious-y and allegorical.

So why did everyone hate the ending so much? I'm sure if I paid more attention while watching and discussed the show for 6 years instead of 5 weeks of binge-watching while doing other things, I'd have a lot more invested, but it seemed ok to me.

Resurrecting this thread because I JUST finished watching the series about 10 minutes ago. I started last May I think and I was watching between 4-8 episodes a week up until now.

I wasn't satisfied with the end because well...wtf happened all over the place?! ...Miles, Lapidas, and Richard?! Walt?! The alternate sideways universes you already mentioned?!

Then there were the total cheesball stuff like: Jack covering that bright light with a plug, the hunky dory church scene with all the hugging! I can go on forever really.

The first two seasons were totally awesome, the third was ok, but after that I only continued because I had already taken interest in the characters but pretty much disliked the stories themselves.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I have everything on DVD. One of the things I thought they could have explored more is that statue...man, how creepy was it when the foot was first shown!?!?!

The best episode for me was The Constant.

I have everything on DVD. One of the things I thought they could have explored more is that statue...man, how creepy was it when the foot was first shown!?!?!

Yeah, I assumed they were going to go into that story later.

For all of the good and great things in Lost, there were also many other disappointments.

Lost was a good show when it was on in prime time. It had a new way of telling the story, the characters were intriguing and the story, as far fetched as it became was as well. I was hooked.

Sure it got really crazy, stupid even, but I spent years watching it, as opposed to binge watching, and I developed a fondness for the characters and it became a real, "OMG....what's going to happen next" kind of show.

Now I've said this a thousand times, the last season sucks. At the end of season five the shows takes such a crazy left turn it becomes just stupid. It's like a totally different show. I hated it. Others have said they liked or even loved it.

Like I said, when it ran for the first time it was cool, interesting, mysterious, and great entertainment. Not so sure how well that would hold up now, just a few years later, but at the time, Lost was great.

Oh man, the last season is such a twist. I enjoyed those little reunions so much, contrasted with some of the bad stuff that was or had been happening to the same people. Totally sideways. Surreal.

And Sayid was such an honrable guy. My fave character by far.

Edited by grep