"Least Glorious" to ???? - Round 15

toscanobarga

What is your LEAST favorite album ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your least favorite

My vote will probably be wasted but I have to go with what I believe. Never thought I would ever vote for the Independent candidate... :wacko:

Moving Pictures is the Ralph Nader of Rush albums :laughing guy:

Ron Paul for Prez... :madra:

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

"So far, it's 2112 in a landslide..."

This is like choosing which of your children you'll send to the Eastern Front (that's a WWII ref for you not so historically literate, or too young to have watched Hogan's Heroes after school). Hurts to choose AFTK. ATWAS got me interested in Rush, AFTK made them my favorite band. Looks like 2112 is going to take the sword anyway though.
  • Like 1

We know it's going to die the death. It's best not to prolong the inevitable.

The voting is still going to go on for about 24 hours, though.

"Scheming demons, cast in kingly guise..."

:unsure:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

This is like choosing which of your children you'll send to the Eastern Front (that's a WWII ref for you not so historically literate, or too young to have watched Hogan's Heroes after school). Hurts to choose AFTK. ATWAS got me interested in Rush, AFTK made them my favorite band. Looks like 2112 is going to take the sword anyway though.

^^^ This exactly. AFTK was my first "new release" by the band. Could never vote it out. You guys do whatever you must... :) Edited by Narpsberg

2112 - 10

A Passage to Bangkok - 9.5

The Twilight Zone - 7

Lessons - 9

Tears - 7

Something for Nothing - 9

Score - 8.58

A Farewell to Kings

A Farewell to Kings - 9.5

Xanadu - 9.5

Closer to the Heart - 9.5

Cinderella Man - 7

Madrigal - 6

Cygnus X-1 - 8

Score - 8.25

AFTK loses by a Madrigal.

2112 - 10

A Passage to Bangkok - 9.5

The Twilight Zone - 7

Lessons - 9

Tears - 7

Something for Nothing - 9

Score - 8.58

A Farewell to Kings

A Farewell to Kings - 9.5

Xanadu - 9.5

Closer to the Heart - 9.5

Cinderella Man - 7

Madrigal - 6

Cygnus X-1 - 8

Score - 8.25

AFTK loses by a Madrigal.

Not gonna disagree with you about Madrigal but Cinderella Man is an underrated as Lessons in my view. Should be at least a 9. Good to see some props for Lessons however. I also agree that Tears beats Madrigal. I think more highly of side two of 2112 than most obviously which is cool. Side one in total would be a ten and side two at least a nine in its totality. Just me opinion of course..

Voted 2112. Despite my problems with voters of the past rounds, I am proud of the community for not voting Permanent Waves at all so far, The First 80s Album (and second best IMO)

"I also agree that Tears beats Madrigal. I think more highly of side two of 2112 than most obviously which is cool. Side one in total would be a ten and side two at least a nine in its totality. Just me opinion of course.. "

I think side 2 of 2112 is very under appreciated as well. For such a young band to follow up that side 1 with such a strong set of songs. Unlike some, I love Twilight Zone and think Tears is a nice table setter for SFN, so in my mind it doesn't have a weakness. Amazing album all around.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

Still going with MP

Its obvious we are "wasting" our votes here but I truly believe MP should go next but if its 2112 so be it. AFTK will go to soon too but that's the way it goes as well....
  • Like 2

"I also agree that Tears beats Madrigal. I think more highly of side two of 2112 than most obviously which is cool. Side one in total would be a ten and side two at least a nine in its totality. Just me opinion of course.. "

I think side 2 of 2112 is very under appreciated as well. For such a young band to follow up that side 1 with such a strong set of songs. Unlike some, I love Twilight Zone and think Tears is a nice table setter for SFN, so in my mind it doesn't have a weakness. Amazing album all around.

Agreed. I truly believe that many folks truly haven't listen to side two enough to give it a fair shot. Hell even early on in my fandom even I probably played side one 5 times to every one time I played side two. I finally "got it" though... :)
  • Like 1

Still going with MP

Its obvious we are "wasting" our votes here but I truly believe MP should go next but if its 2112 so be it. AFTK will go to soon too but that's the way it goes as well....

Yeah I suppose I can live with MP beating out 2112, but if it were up to me, the top 3 would be Hemispheres, PeW, and AFTK.
  • Like 2

Again. I find it preposterous that 2112 is leading when the album was probably the most important album of their career.

Without 2112.....all this is vapor. Oh and side one is about as epic as Rush has ever been.

Good to see my top three made it all the way here and will survive the next round as well and finish as the top 3 of all time.

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures.

A Farewell To Kings is way out of it's league...and has been for a while in this poll.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

My vote will probably be wasted but I have to go with what I believe. Never thought I would ever vote for the Independent candidate... :wacko:

Moving Pictures is the Ralph Nader of Rush albums :laughing guy:

Not with Red Barchetta on the track listing!

• Like 1