The Muscle Car Thread

ILSnwdog

I first wanted an LTD II in silver grey, later I looked at a '79 model Firebird Trans Am in traditional Black, and finally looked at a Porsch 928. Finally settled on the '79 Mustang Cobra turbo. It was the first Brand New vehicle I ever bought and paid for entirely by myself! Here's what it looked like exactly.

mvvSagC.jpg

Ubtr88K.gif

Ford had their own version of the Screaming Chicken that year. The optional King Cobra hood decal.

1980_ford_mustang_cobra-pic-41377-1600x1200.jpeg

IMG_4047.JPG

• Like 1

The Challenger Scat Pack is quite a cool vehicle. I learned that this almost affordable beast packs a 6.4L N/A V8 that's larger than the 6.2L in the Hellcat. That insistence on sticking to a massive, brute-force V8 is awesome to me. Someone locally brings a lovely purple example to Cars and Coffee. If I wanted a new V8 American thing, it would surely be this heavy cruiser

2019-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Scat-Pack-Widebody.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

• Like 1

3gssjv.jpg

Featuring all that nifty lithium.

Goddamn, that's a lot of fugly in one post.

As I am lurking on the edge of purchasing a Challenger (need to sell my dog of a house first and then the real dog needs to stop spending my down payment money on vet bills*), I get the occasional question from the well-meaning as to whether I'll consider an electric or hybrid vehicle.

No. That technology has a long way to go and it's not anywhere like as "green" as its proponents desperately want it to be.

*no, I don't plan to live in the car! SO and I each have a house. His is nicer and it's paid for, so mine goes. Also, I love my shepherd doggy and I will spend whatever it takes to make his last year or two as comfortable as possible, even if it means continuing to drive a 4-cylinder Japanese toaster.

• Like 1

That's gonna spawn a lot of memes, is my guess. Hilarious.

It’s classic Biden. Just for the therapy of comic relief Biden needs to stay in through the convention.

• Like 1

One of my co-workers has a newer model Mustang Cobra with a unique engine that was only made a few years and he needs a re-build (was very low on oil and he drove it a couple of times even though it was making a "weird noise"). The first quote he got was about $13,000 which seems wildly out of range but maybe since it's supercharged and an engine they only made a few years it's harder to find parts for.

Going to have to postpone my Hellcat dream. I chose a rather inopportune time to total my Honda Element....just now looking to get my house on the market (the good news is I might actually make some money. I would've just been happy to get out of $900/mo in mortgage payments, but some extra cash is definitely welcome).

Plus now I have an at-fault accident on my record, which won't do me any favors on insurance coverage. So....sigh, it's another couple of years of Sensible 4-Cylinder Japanese Car. Going with a Toyota C-HR. It looks like it's made out of Legos, but I am inexplicably drawn to really fugly little SUVs. Probably because no self-respecting car thief would go near one!

The Challenger Scat Pack is quite a cool vehicle. I learned that this almost affordable beast packs a 6.4L N/A V8 that's larger than the 6.2L in the Hellcat. That insistence on sticking to a massive, brute-force V8 is awesome to me. Someone locally brings a lovely purple example to Cars and Coffee. If I wanted a new V8 American thing, it would surely be this heavy cruiser

2019-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Scat-Pack-Widebody.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

I showed one of those my tail lights a couple weeks ago. :haz:
  • Like 1