The Muscle Car Thread

ILSnwdog

Used-2020-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-Redeye-Widebody-1588922009.jpg

probably my ultimate dream cars right here. they sound even better.

After seeing the back plate, I hunted down my December copy of The Dupont Registry. Marshall Goldman runs 2-3 picture pages of vehicles for sale out of his 2 locations. Only 1 piece of muscle, a sweet '70 Cuda convertible, limelight/black, 440 6 pack, 3 speed auto. Most everything else in the ad were high end exotics, lots of Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche, etc. Edited by pjbear05

53ed40.jpg

I was talking with a guy at work last week about the Kia Stinger (he said he'd never heard of it) and that the base engine is 300 hp with an available twin turbo V-6 rated at 368 hp. We talked about it a little and at the end of the conversation he said, "it's still a Kia." I guess bias is hard to overcome in any realm. He drives a WRX and I'd take either model of the Stinger over that for a few reasons.

• Like 1

1616869410[/url'>' post='4901445']
1616866157' post='4901423']

53ed40.jpg

I was talking with a guy at work last week about the Kia Stinger (he said he'd never heard of it) and that the base engine is 300 hp with an available twin turbo V-6 rated at 368 hp. We talked about it a little and at the end of the conversation he said, "it's still a Kia." I guess bias is hard to overcome in any realm. He drives a WRX and I'd take either model of the Stinger over that for a few reasons.

I work with a guy who has the top of the line Stinger. Nice car. Won’t keep up with my Vette, but it’s a very nice car for the money. Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

I just watched this three year old 1971 Road Runner get T-boned in the original Gone In 60 Seconds. This is like watching somebody kick a puppy. I think I'm going to be sick. I'm gonna need a safe space.

259547504_10226341561354775_524260855224576309_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9W8-cKxEhAoAX8MtUHy&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=59eb5af5b76443fde3711c4cbed443e2&oe=619DBB16

A week of so ago, Jay Leno set a 1/4 mile record for a production car in a Tesla Plaid, MSRP, $131,190. The previous record was held by a Bugatti Chiron, MSRP $3,000,000 (est). After Leno did it, a professional driver went just a bit faster in the Tesla.

The days of ICE are over, RIP ICE.

• Like 1

A week of so ago, Jay Leno set a 1/4 mile record for a production car in a Tesla Plaid, MSRP, $131,190. The previous record was held by a Bugatti Chiron, MSRP $3,000,000 (est). After Leno did it, a professional driver went just a bit faster in the Tesla.

I wonder if the environmentalists have put much thought into what kind of power generation is going to be needed to charge all the battery powered vehicles in our future?

• Like 1

I wonder if the environmentalists have put much thought into what kind of power generation is going to be needed to charge all the battery powered vehicles in our future?

They haven't, thanks Biden.

They haven't, thanks Biden.

It does seem odd that they want many more electric cars while at the same time wanting to vastly reduce the capacity of the electric grid. Perhaps they're counting on a vast reduction in the population?

Right now I would just like an ordinary 302 Fox Mustang. It would wear raised white letter tires and dog dish hubcaps. And glasspacks. And an aluminum Holley intake and a 650 cfm carb.
  • Like 2