The Muscle Car Thread

ILSnwdog

Getting mine! Not the Hellcat, because timing is bad. (I totaled my Honda Element, so I sort of have to get something). But it is an RT, 2018, with only 15K miles on it. It's on its way from San Antonio (I have a broker friend who found it on Manheim) and I should be behind the wheel in a week or so!
  • Like 3

Getting mine! Not the Hellcat, because timing is bad. (I totaled my Honda Element, so I sort of have to get something). But it is an RT, 2018, with only 15K miles on it. It's on its way from San Antonio (I have a broker friend who found it on Manheim) and I should be behind the wheel in a week or so!

That is plenty of fun car. Damn, I'm probably late in asking. Did you get the sunroof?

That is plenty of fun car. Damn, I'm probably late in asking. Did you get the sunroof?

No sunroof. I've never had one, so I won't miss it! It does have the cold weather package, not that we get a lot of that here but it's one of those things you really appreciate when you need it. Also cooled front seats, definitely a plus in a black car with black interior!

An R/T is nothing to sneeze at, nonetheless!

An all-American muscle car--enjoy it!

So, I got vanity plates for my Trans Am and couldn't be happier with getting my first choice.

Over the top? Couldn't resist.

79221632_3136565213039989_1075957168131276800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=85a577&_nc_oc=AQkELxiEu-bPdJx6RZ_cLS7_WgHcAwGdrXiV-cG4NT5Oy9lSoT1w-CyGIdPWshnWm0I&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=fd6d022faddc084ab7cb8637bd7621d8&oe=5EAA32AA

Also, I'm leaving to my nephew and by that time it may be illegal. For real though. lol

Edited by Weakly Criminal
  • Like 1

3u2ea8.jpg

??? Mostly the same car. It must be the Chevy 305 you don't like. The Monte SS makes me think of NASCAR when it was worth a s***.

I sometimes go onto car makers sites to price one of their high HP cars just to see what it would cost. Last night I did that for an Acura NSX and I discovered if I didn't go haywire and kept it pretty stock, I could afford one with a 72 month loan. When I told my wife she said, "get a second job and we'll talk." I'm guessing when I factor in insurance, the affordability goes out the window.

I think I'd rather have the original body style from the 90s anyway.

• Like 2

My attainable dream car happens to be a Japanese muscle car: a Lexus LC 500. They're equipped with a 5.0L V8 making a healthy 471hp (94 hp/L). Certainly enough muscle for me. :)

The scary thing is I can afford it in a year or two (used), if I play my cards right. It's hard to consider a Lexus a bad idea; it's not like it's going to do much in the way of breaking.

z8z67XL.png

• Like 2

My attainable dream car happens to be a Japanese muscle car: a Lexus LC 500. They're equipped with a 5.0L V8 making a healthy 471hp (94 hp/L). Certainly enough muscle for me. :)

The scary thing is I can afford it in a year or two (used), if I play my cards right. It's hard to consider a Lexus a bad idea; it's not like it's going to do much in the way of breaking.

Allow me to take off my automotive xenophobe hat for a brief moment. When the Japanese started building proper RWD V8 coupes it was harder to hate them. Too bad one of them doesn't run in NASCAR instead of a "Camry". Lately at shows and stuff when I see a mid-seventies Celica GT with wheels flairs and spoilers I stop and admire...tell no one.

I'm putting my hat back on. Japan sucks!

• Like 2

Allow me to take off my automotive xenophobe hat for a brief moment. When the Japanese started building proper RWD V8 coupes it was harder to hate them. Too bad one of them doesn't run in NASCAR instead of a "Camry". Lately at shows and stuff when I see a mid-seventies Celica GT with wheels flairs and spoilers I stop and admire...tell no one.

I'm putting my hat back on. Japan sucks!

I've owned three Celica's, a 79, an 84 and an 89. Great cars all but not much on performance. Also a couple of Corolla's and the first year Honda CVTT, a wagon. The next year they called it the Civic. It had a two speed auto and a bumblebee paint job lol. I love the first gen bodystyle of the Celica. I would build one resto-mod with all new tech.

Nissan is the Chrysler of Japan, great engines but everything else is iffy.