The Muscle Car Thread

ILSnwdog

I'm 98.8% sure I'm buying this tomorrow.

http://www.contes.com/components/com_autostand/files/img_cars/00b2c6c80e40dfa105bd3288c88d2ed9.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.contes.com/components/com_autostand/files/img_cars/00b2c6c80e40dfa105bd3288c88d2ed9.jpg

1.2% chance you veer into a Jeep dealership and pick up a new Wrangler JL; Rubicon trim I presume?

1.2% chance you veer into a Jeep dealership and pick up a new Wrangler JL; Rubicon trim I presume?

That would be a huge downgrade. YUUUGE!

I Have Finally Driven a C3...and it wasn't good

I really want a C3. Prior to this afternoon I never drove one. I owned a 96 Corvette LT4 and have driven a C5.

I seem to feel the 1982 will be the best fit for me, as I find the Collector's Edition attractive that is what I'm looking at. Today at a Jaguar dealer I finally drove one. Driver quality paint and supposedly 32,000 miles. The rear hatch wouldn't stay up, chalked that up to age. I found entering the car takes effort, short fit people probably don't complain. Close the door and I find you don't enter the C3, you wear it like a snug sweater. Seat all the way down and sent rearward my head no longer hits the T-top. Now its making an electronic sound with slight thumping, the power seat? Dang it doesn't start, yet I overheard the dealer say someone drove it today. Give it a jump, twist the key and the Cross-Fire barely comes to life. We let it idle after goosing the gas peddle a few times. The idle doesn't inspire confidence, tap the gas the Cross-Fire roars I'm almost impressed with the sound. We let it idle some more, what seems like forever doesn't help the situation. Time to drive Plastic Fantastic we don't have all day, 45 degrees BTW. In drive it feels like it will stall any second now, Cross-Fire technology keeps the Chevy small block running. Whoa, peddle feel is non-existent, peddle travel is a lengthy trek. As I pull out into traffic I'm convinced the car will stall or not stop when needed, either way I'm crashing a car I don't own. Extra careful, driving defensively and a little luck no such mishaps occur. The car stumbles and hesitates but when you hit 40 mph the Corvette roars to life, I'm almost enjoying this. Crap I need to slow down for a light. Green! Off we stumble, bumble, fumbling around, hit 40 mph and the good times roll again.

I'm cutting this test drive short. I explain my concerns. The salesmen babbles about cold weather. He inquires about my interest in the car which is listed at $20K. I politely tell him I wouldn't buy it for five.

I'm thinking this isn't a 82 Corvette problem as designed and manufactured by GM. Just a bad example with issues. This isn't the typical Cross-Fire experience, right?

https://www.cargurus....ting=187994547

$20,000 for an 82 Corvette? I just bought a 2002 Z06 with 24,300 miles for $22,000. The C5 is still a bitch to get in and out of, but The LS6 is a f***ing beast.

• Like 2

I really want a C3. Prior to this afternoon I never drove one. I owned a 96 Corvette LT4 and have driven a C5.

I seem to feel the 1982 will be the best fit for me, as I find the Collector's Edition attractive that is what I'm looking at. Today at a Jaguar dealer I finally drove one. Driver quality paint and supposedly 32,000 miles. The rear hatch wouldn't stay up, chalked that up to age. I found entering the car takes effort, short fit people probably don't complain. Close the door and I find you don't enter the C3, you wear it like a snug sweater. Seat all the way down and sent rearward my head no longer hits the T-top. Now its making an electronic sound with slight thumping, the power seat? Dang it doesn't start, yet I overheard the dealer say someone drove it today. Give it a jump, twist the key and the Cross-Fire barely comes to life. We let it idle after goosing the gas peddle a few times. The idle doesn't inspire confidence, tap the gas the Cross-Fire roars I'm almost impressed with the sound. We let it idle some more, what seems like forever doesn't help the situation. Time to drive Plastic Fantastic we don't have all day, 45 degrees BTW. In drive it feels like it will stall any second now, Cross-Fire technology keeps the Chevy small block running. Whoa, peddle feel is non-existent, peddle travel is a lengthy trek. As I pull out into traffic I'm convinced the car will stall or not stop when needed, either way I'm crashing a car I don't own. Extra careful, driving defensively and a little luck no such mishaps occur. The car stumbles and hesitates but when you hit 40 mph the Corvette roars to life, I'm almost enjoying this. Crap I need to slow down for a light. Green! Off we stumble, bumble, fumbling around, hit 40 mph and the good times roll again.

I'm cutting this test drive short. I explain my concerns. The salesmen babbles about cold weather. He inquires about my interest in the car which is listed at $20K. I politely tell him I wouldn't buy it for five.

I'm thinking this isn't a 82 Corvette problem as designed and manufactured by GM. Just a bad example with issues. This isn't the typical Cross-Fire experience, right?

$20,000 for an 82 Corvette? I just bought a 2002 Z06 with 24,300 miles for $22,000. The C5 is still a bitch to get in and out of, but The LS6 is a f***ing beast.

Nice. The C5 Z06 is probably the smartest sports car bargain going right now.

• Like 1

Nice. The C5 Z06 is probably the smartest sports car bargain going right now.

Did you ever get your C3? :huh:

Sweet! I like it!

Thanks, I’ll be out your way in July for the annual Chrysler shindig.

That should be a good one; I like the individual shows throughout the summer better than the big Spring and Fall ones. Let me know if you want to grab a beer; I'm not sure what will be going on since it is shortly before The Princess gets married but it would be fun ( for me anyway lol. :LOL: ).

Edited by blueschica

Some experimenting with the photos

Jasen took, I'll be going for the vintage ad and brochure look. Far from the finished thing.

42387502_10216953691303891_2974985505042595840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=92a5125da9b55ee9b93b0959d44ddfce&oe=5C611E64

42414579_10216953692383918_3664230728444411904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b132708344558b3ad0b98de1d58cf150&oe=5C603755

42491648_10216957114869478_4037882197317779456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=36a0af066e435db60ea1d1030aa4fbd8&oe=5C204BF7

42411551_10216957115909504_397684070047285248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a6406f469bdcce68c42684111324eaf4&oe=5C20FE38

42545116_10216957117109534_2550347779318743040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f950f6f862a848d60c44c76d8c226541&oe=5C2AEBC2

Brochure style spread.

42434610_10216953929309841_5054228805678268416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dc73a846b1fdfaad7c5dc14b12424c0e&oe=5C2D242D

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Funny, but I don't remember anything about this model of Dodge from back in the day....

ttgP6E7.gif

The one year only Super Coupe was pretty rare even when new. Dodge built 531, Plymouth built 494, it’s estimated under 100 exist today.

• Like 2

At this time I was too interested in Trans Ams, LTD IIs, and Porche 928s...oh, and Lamborghini Countachs... I ended up getting a Mustang Cobra with Turbo in June of '79. Yup. The 4 banger beat the SHTUFF out of a 1980 Indy 500 pace car Mustang a year later. He pulled up, revving his 302 V 8, and dared me to race him at a stop light. I beat him by two car lengths to the next light. HA HAAAAAA!

az7xy32.gif

You Having trouble posting pics? Oh, btw, this is a White version of my Mustang, Mine was silver with red and orange markings, A 1.8L four banger with a qrLQcBp.jpg Turbo, beat the CRAP out of a 1980 Indy Pace Car V8 the KIu6YHo.jpg next summer in 1980 in Ann Arbor. It had a neat removable moon roof too! I also had a Blaupunkt stereo in it with 4 Tri-axial speakers in it with a 40 Watt power booster in there!

pcG2tzV.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Funny, but I don't remember anything about this model of Dodge from back in the day....

ttgP6E7.gif

The one year only Super Coupe was pretty rare even when new. Dodge built 531, Plymouth built 494, it’s estimated under 100 exist today.

One model year??? That is rare. Enjoy what appears to be your attainable dream car :)

• Like 1

ttgP6E7.gif

One model year??? That is rare. Enjoy what appears to be your attainable dream car :)

I have cycles. I go classic for a few years then something modern, then back again.

• Like 1

I first wanted an LTD II in silver grey, later I looked at a '79 model Firebird Trans Am in traditional Black, and finally looked at a Porsch 928. Finally settled on the '79 Mustang Cobra turbo. It was the first Brand New vehicle I ever bought and paid for entirely by myself! Here's what it looked like exactly.

mvvSagC.jpg

Ubtr88K.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan