Mike Portnoy VS. Lars Ulrich! Which Overrated Drummer Is The Shortest Biggest Jerk On The Planet?

RUSHHEAD666

The Troll Poll Of Two Short Egocentric Drummers  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Drummer Is The Biggest Egotistical Jerk Of All?

• Mike Portnoy
    • Lars Ulrich
    • None Of These Drummers Are Rushhead! You Are A Drummer And Never Made It!
    • NEIL PEART!

Well these two drummers are talented, I just think that sadly they are both short and EGOCENTRIC.

A couple of assholes who can play the drums. A couple of control freaks who like to take over the rest of the band. JMO

Anyway I always thought Lars was a total dick but I learned that he is actually a nice guy from a friend of mine.

So actually it really doesn't matter.

PORTANNOYANCE WILL WIN THIS TROLL POLL!!!!!!

Wait Mike P is a TROLL! He's the same height as one!

• Like 1

Well these two drummers are talented, I just think that sadly they are both short and EGOCENTRIC.

A couple of assholes who can play the drums. A couple of control freaks who like to take over the rest of the band. JMO

Anyway I always thought Lars was a total dick but I learned that he is actually a nice guy from a friend of mine.

:joker:

• Like 1

:joker:

:D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13:

• Like 1

And let's not forget the time where he briefly replaced James Labrie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DVZDk8msA

As for my vote, it's a tie Portnoy. Lars hasn't given me an excuse to hate him even though he might not be as "good" on the drums as Mike, and plus he comes across as a likable guy regardless if you like his music, etc.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

JMO: I think Lars will go down in history as the drummer of the most successful metal band of the planet, while Mike will go down as the great drummer of a very successful prog band.

In 30 years we will be talking about Lars the same way we talk about Ringo today. Mike will be a footnote.

• Like 3

I'll go with Portnoy. He's a great drummer and was a major part of the most well known progressive metal band ever for 25 years. But he seems to play that "don't you know who I am?" card with his fame. No, Mike, people don't know who you are. Dream Theater is successful but they are not so huge that you're a household name like you think you are.

Lars's ego on the other hand is more deserved even though he's nowhere near as good as Portnoy behind the drum kit. Metallica has sold tens of millions of albums worldwide and are without a doubt the most popular metal band of all time in North America. Worldwide the only other metal band that has an equal fanbase is Iron Maiden. Unlike Portnoy. Lars is probably one of those guys who can't go out in public without being recognized by someone. Things like this will help to inflate anyone's ego but at least Lars has the success to back up his. Also, whenever i've heard Lars talk about something he always seems very passionate and enthusiastic about whatever topic it is. That makes him a little more likeable to me.

• Like 1

Portnoy can play, but has no feel and is a total ass. Lars can barely play and is not a complete ass, just a partial. :)
  • Like 2

I don't get this thread at all.

I've met MP many times and he's never been anything but cool... at least to me.

Different strokes for different folks. I met him when the band was just starting out and he was a prick. James was classy and very nice.