Limelight vs. The Analog Kid

Snaked

69 members have voted

1. 1. Limelight vs. The Analog Kid

"Limelight"

Better riff

Better solo

Better lyrics

Um, :no: . "AK"'s lyrics are about as positive and full of promise as you can get. "Limelight"'s are a glorified version of "Here Again". Plus, it's another brick in the wall Neil is always building between he and the band's fans. Okay, Neil: being famous can be tough. I get it. But no one's making you sit behind the kit, eh?

Musically, "AK" has a better chorus and doesn't take itself so seriously. However, I will say that "Limelight" has more of an immediate power hook: those first six notes are riveting and the song's composition is more intricate than "AK".

Both incredible tunes. "AK" wins for being much closer to everyone's heart than the thin-skinned themes of "Limelight".

How can a song take itself seriously?

Neil doesn't appreciate his fans. Boo hoo hoo... I call BS.

Thin-skinned themes? Daydreaming vs. dealing with celebrity and the public eye? Different topics, both dealt with eloquently and intelligently, IMHO.

Anyway, it all comes doe to personal preference, doesn't it?

To my ears, "Limelight" is the better song.

Push comes to shove, it's Rush fan nitpicking.

Edited by ReRushed

Two excellent songs.

Went with Limelight. The lyrics sort of speak to me a little more, but TAK is also fantastic.

The final lyrics in TAK I can really relate to, and Alex's solo absolutely smokes on that song.

But Limelight is just one of those songs for me, and I'm sure for a lot of others too. No matter how many times I hear it, it'll never be boring or old to me.

Although TAK probably holds that place for me as well.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, Limelight has that amazing solo I never seem to get sick of.

But I also really love the "You move me" part in Analog Kid.

I cannot decide.

Edited by Flavia2112

On 3/8/2015 at 9:42 PM, coventry said:

Plus, it's another brick in the wall Neil is always building between he and the band's fans. Okay, Neil: being famous can be tough. I get it. But no one's making you sit behind the kit, eh?

I do always wish he was a TAD better with the fans, but I can tell he appreciates them.

Edited by Charlotte7598

I feel it is not about the notes or the music, but what the songs mean to us.

Limelight is an absolute anthem. I love that song.

Analog Kid might be my anthem. Even today when I play it, it's because I am thinking of my backyard and my mom calling out, the girls I thought about.

Great song. 

Hands way up for AK.

• Like 2