Mike Portnoy bursts into UK hospital and demands immediate attention for blister on hand, takes to twitter to complain, too late for Neal Morse show

treeduck

My goodness I cannot stand this man. Some things we think are not worth sharing.

(This coming from the dude who shared a picture of a massive poo yesterday).

I'm ashamed to say portnoy is from Long Island. and folks we all are so very sorry.

Mick

I live in a part of the UK infamous for inbreeding. But yeah, Portnoy from the locality is worse.

• Like 1

Damn. Portly-Annoy strikes again!������ He shoulda just admitted he was in a panic and was bitter about having to play the show in extreme pain. But nope... One more reason to give my vote to Mike Mangina-Genie as the perfect drummer for dream theater...

Magini is the best. i even like him better on the older tunes by miles.

Mick

I agree!

• Like 2

Actually I never really listened to them until I heard he left them. I dunno his personality always rubbed me the wrong way. I like Systematic and the most recent one ok but the real good stuff is from Images to Metropolis. The rest I can do without. It seemed like he really did steer the ship between oh say anout the time Kevin Moore left until the end. All that stuff is too overwrought and ponderous and meandering.

The guy is an ass....years back...and I mean YEARS back, (like early-mid 90's) he used to hang out on the old AOL music forums, and would talk to everyone...Charlie Domenici who was DT's first lead singer would come on occasionally and chat as well...those two got into it one day about something, and it was a battle of wits more than anything else, (and Mike was the unarmed man) Charlie pretty much slammed Mike...I wish I kept that argument...but it's LONG gone...that showed me what he was really like.

That said....I LIKE Mike's style of play with earlier DT, and some of the stuff he does with Transatlantic..but he's not the "drumming god" that he thinks he is... when I dissected his stuff on one of his many drumming video's, he's pretty basic, and uses a lot of "tricks" in his playing as far as for his fills, and the things that makes him sound a little busy...AND he plays a lot of the same stuff over and over. A buddy of mine who HATES him says "he's just a rock drummer, nothing more"!

forgot to add....I've learned NOT to meet your "hero's" (or even anyone that's in a position of heroism) because you find out how much of an asshole they really are....I was in a position to meet a famous trumpet player years back, and the guy was the biggest jerk I'd ever seen...although I DID meet Buddy Rich once, and knowing what kind of prick I heard the guy was, he was a very nice person!

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

I'm confused: he said: "I can't even stand up". How does that apply to a blister on his hand? :blink:

It's a Beatles reference.

The guy is an ass....years back...and I mean YEARS back, (like early-mid 90's) he used to hang out on the old AOL music forums, and would talk to everyone...Charlie Domenici who was DT's first lead singer would come on occasionally and chat as well...those two got into it one day about something, and it was a battle of wits more than anything else, (and Mike was the unarmed man) Charlie pretty much slammed Mike...I wish I kept that argument...but it's LONG gone...that showed me what he was really like.

That said....I LIKE Mike's style of play with earlier DT, and some of the stuff he does with Transatlantic..but he's not the "drumming god" that he thinks he is... when I dissected his stuff on one of his many drumming video's, he's pretty basic, and uses a lot of "tricks" in his playing as far as for his fills, and the things that makes him sound a little busy...AND he plays a lot of the same stuff over and over. A buddy of mine who HATES him says "he's just a rock drummer, nothing more"!

forgot to add....I've learned NOT to meet your "hero's" (or even anyone that's in a position of heroism) because you find out how much of an asshole they really are....I was in a position to meet a famous trumpet player years back, and the guy was the biggest jerk I'd ever seen...although I DID meet Buddy Rich once, and knowing what kind of prick I heard the guy was, he was a very nice person!

You lucky bastard. You met Buddy Rich?

FUKK MIKE PORTNOY!

Buddy and Mike in the same sentence is like a fuckking oxymoron. Mike is a f***ing moron. LOL!

• Like 1

You know who else recently was really sick and was having trouble lifting his arms? AJ Pero...and now he's dead because he never got it checked up w a doctor or hospital... AND...I never went in asking for any "special treatment" at all...just quietly asked for somebody to give me ANY indication of anything (which they didn't) because my show was waiting to start... Get your facts straight before you jump on the witch hunt bandwagon....

Well no shit Mike, but AJ Pero had a heart condition that ran in his family and he didn't do much about it which played a role in his death (RIP) whereas you were sick and checked yourself into the hospital and they still didn't treat you in time for a show (is going to the hospital and back in time for a show the same night even possible?). I'd like to emphasize that as Dee Snider pointed out it he made little to no effort to have his health checked out especially if he had a disease running in the family.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

That video only has 685 views. It's hilarious to me that this dude apparently searches for himself and then whines in the comments. :LOL:

He really loves to flap his gums all right. Portnoy is his greatest fan after all, lol

Mick

• Like 1

He also commented on this video equivalent to the infamous John Petrucci Psycho Exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRYMSRLOoK0

...to which he said, "You sir are a GENIUS!! I could care less if you are making fun of me...this had me rolling on the floor cracking up! You should get a job working with Tim & Eric...right up their alley!"

• Like 1

He also commented on this video equivalent to the infamous John Petrucci Psycho Exercises:

...to which he said, "You sir are a GENIUS!! I could care less if you are making fun of me...this had me rolling on the floor cracking up! You should get a job working with Tim & Eric...right up their alley!"

He's paranoid as fuckk! :LOL:

• Like 1

I wonder if he watched Psychosane Exercises 1, 2, and 3 before watching the 4th one! :LOL:

I wonder if he watched Psychosane Exercises 1, 2, and 3 before watching the 4th one! :LOL:

He probably spends all night searching for negative shit about himself and then posting his outrage! Silly bastard! :16ton:

• Like 2

He probably spends all night searching for negative shit about himself and then posting his outrage! Silly bastard! :16ton:

He's not in DT anymore.........so now he's like.

MUST.......STAY.......RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

I'm surprised he hasn't lurked on TRF and make a username to call us all out on all the negative shit we're saying about him :LOL:

Mick

I'm surprised he hasn't lurked on TRF and make a username to call us all out on all the negative shit we're saying about him :LOL:

That'll be next! :LOL: