• Fly By Night
    • A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows

I voted for Power Windows, but that was by no means easy. Funny, because from it coming out in 1986 up until the last tour I would have voted it off without a second thought, since seeing those songs live on the CA tour it's become one of my better-liked albums.

I voted for Power Windows, but that was by no means easy. Funny, because from it coming out in 1986 up until the last tour I would have voted it off without a second thought, since seeing those songs live on the CA tour it's become one of my better-liked albums.

EagleMoon said the same thing about the album. It was seeing the songs live that made her like the album.

• Like 1

EagleMoon said the same thing about the album. It was seeing the songs live that made her like the album.

The way they brought those songs back has me excited they'll revisit other material from around that time, especially HYF. I am excited for the same energy they put into the the PoW songs being put into, say, "Turn The Page," "Lock & Key," or "Show Don't Tell."

• Like 2

Who wants to venture a guess which will be the last album left standing?

I want to say Hemispheres but it'll be Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves since we have that mini coalition of Hemispheres haters running amok.

Well, really, I want Grace Under Pressure to live but it's got the same problem as Hemispheres...

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 3

I want to say Hemispheres but it'll be Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves since we have that mini coalition of Hemispheres haters running amok.

Well, really, I want Grace Under Pressure to live but it's got the same problem as Hemispheres...

i think it may be more spite than anything.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

hemispheres? moving pictures?!? what in the f**k?

I've been listening to Hemispheres a lot lately, I know I like Power Windows better. I think I like Grace Under Pressure better. I know I enjoy 2112 and FBN more...what is a guy to do?

hemispheres? moving pictures?!? what in the f**k?

I've been listening to Hemispheres a lot lately, I know I like Power Windows better. I think I like Grace Under Pressure better. I know I enjoy 2112 and FBN more...what is a guy to do?

Vote for AFTK :LOL:

it's more spite than anything.

Hemispheres side 1 weakens it. It's interesting, ambitious and creative in its inception, but many of us find it naive and belabored in its final product.

The order I'd send them off at this point...

FBN

AFTK

Hemi/PW (coin toss)

Grace

Signals

PeW/MP (coin toss)

It's interesting, ambitious and creative in its inception, but many of us find it naive and belabored in its final product.

Naive and belabored? How so?

• Like 1

It's interesting, ambitious and creative in its inception, but many of us find it naive and belabored in its final product.

Naive and belabored? How so?

The story, lyrics, musical redundancy, and the fact that they accidentally wrote it in a key that didn't fit Geddy's range. And the sappy acoustic ending doesn't resonate with some of us either.

Side 2 is killer, though.

• Like 1