We started a fund for people that can't get to a show

NS: How are you going to get tickets for someone if the show is already sold out?

I have been to many "sold out" shows. There may be no tickets now, but as the dates approach tickets will be released. They always are. I have seen Rush 26 times (mostly in the first few rows). I will be able to find tickets. And there are always tickets available day of show worst case. Always. I have done a lot of research into buying tickets.

I vote for Lorraine....she's got almost 15K posts on a Rush board and has never seen Rush live??

I will put here in the list skeeter. I remember her know. That has been a running joke for a while. Your in Lorraine.

• Like 4

I will put in money as long as it goes to Lorraine... or maybe we can have a separate TRF fundraiser just for her :)

That would make me very uncomfortable. I wouldn't want pressure put on anyone here to do anything. Honestly.

But I thank you just the same. :) :hug2:

Now, I am going to go listen to some epic Rush songs. No, not 2112. :cool: :LOL:

I will put in money as long as it goes to Lorraine... or maybe we can have a separate TRF fundraiser just for her :)

I just put "get lorraine a ticket" under my comment for the donation

• Like 1

That would make me very uncomfortable. I wouldn't want pressure put on anyone here to do anything. Honestly.

Now, I am going to go listen to some epic Rush songs. No, not 2112. :cool: :LOL:

Where's the pressure? I think the pressure is put on you cause it's an offer you can't refuse :madra: LORRAINE MUST SEE RUSH

• Like 2

I definitely endorse Lorraine as one deserving of help from this. Character such as her's shouldn't go unrewarded.

Where's the pressure? I think the pressure is put on you cause it's an offer you can't refuse :madra: LORRAINE MUST SEE RUSH

if you donate, and put that you want it to go to Lorraine, I think I can make that work. then any extra (if there is) would go into the general pool. Lorraine I think they like you.

• Like 1

Site's not working for me at the moment, internet's pretty shoddy this evening so I won't be touching anything financially related for now. I'll get to it asap!

Understandable. We will likely be doing this until the end of the tour, whenever that is...

I also vote for Lorraine. She's missed so many years of concerts, please may she be able to go this time.
  • Like 3

Right now any votes won't count. I have no short term memory left. Anyone that donates and puts her name in the comment I will try and get her to a show. Actual votes won't be for a while yet. But all will be made public. But I can see the support you have for her so just put it in the comment if you donate. Like I said, as far as I know something like this has never been done before, so I am learning along with you all. Keep the feebback coming. Let it guide us along...
  • Like 3

If I donate it will be for Lorraine to see Rush :)

She has a lot of support. So just say that in the comment when you donate. I am keeping track.

She has a lot of support. So just say that in the comment when you donate. I am keeping track.

Has anybody donated yet?

Generally this board does not allow any sort of crowdfunding or public pleas for donations. The only reason this thread wasn't shut down immediately was because you've been a member here since 2010 and we wanted to see where this was going.

I am of the opinion that good deeds such as sending a particular person to a show should be done in private. Like in a group PM amongst a number of people who all know each other, something like, "John2112's been a member of TRF for years and he's never seen Rush and he can't afford to go, so let's pool some money together and buy him a ticket. Who else can we bring in on this?" That sort of thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about having people donate money, then a decision is made on who gets a ticket.

Also, please pardon me -- I am a born skeptic.

• Like 1

Has anybody donated yet?

Generally this board does not allow any sort of crowdfunding or public pleas for donations. The only reason this thread wasn't shut down immediately was because you've been a member here since 2010 and we wanted to see where this was going.

I am of the opinion that good deeds such as sending a particular person to a show should be done in private. Like in a group PM amongst a number of people who all know each other, something like, "John2112's been a member of TRF for years and he's never seen Rush and he can't afford to go, so let's pool some money together and buy him a ticket. Who else can we bring in on this?" That sort of thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about having people donate money then a decision is made on who gets a ticket.

Tex donated earlier according to the site. I'm going to when my Internet stops being shiternet.

I can see your viewpoint here, though. But I think the overall goal of their GoFundMe is to be able to donate to everybody who has requested help, rather than just one person who got the most votes. I definitely understand where you're coming from, and agree, but I think given it might be the last tour and after reading up on their thing a bit, this is pretty genuine.

FWIW when I saw this thread I immediately assumed scam as well.

Obviously not in my jurisdiction here, but again, just throwing my opinion out there.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Has anybody donated yet?

I'm not sure how I feel about having people donate money then a decision is made on who gets a ticket.

Tex donated earlier according to the site. I'm going to when my Internet stops being shiternet.

I can see your viewpoint here, though. But I think the overall goal of their GoFundMe is to be able to donate to everybody who has requested help, rather than just one person who got the most votes. I definitely understand where you're coming from, and agree, but I think given it might be the last tour and after reading up on their thing a bit, this is pretty genuine.

FWIW when I saw this thread I immediately assumed scam as well.

That this is (supposedly) the last big tour is what is prompting these sorts of campaigns, I think. We had a new member register a few weeks ago and their profile outlined a plan to ask for donations so that person and a relative could fly from the UK to California for the last show of the tour. I sent them an email asking about their intentions and stating our general policy towards crowdfunding, and I never got a response. That new account was never validated.

I'm not comparing that campaign to this one, just giving an example of how these sorts of things are popping up on this tour.

• Like 4

Has anybody donated yet?

I'm not sure how I feel about having people donate money, then a decision is made on who gets a ticket.

I land on the skeptic side of the field as well.

I just think if someone is going to this out of the goodness of their own heart, then do it privately, not publicly. Contact your friends privately that you know may be able to help out and get it going privately and then contact people in the Rush community if you want to give them a ticket.

If this had been spontaneous and our members had pm'ed each privately to raise money for a ticket for someone that would be better. I remember, way back when, when a member had their car broken into and a lot of stuff stolen? Someone started a PayPal or something and we all chipped in a few bucks so they could go replace their new cds. The member had no idea had no clue until we had all the money together.

Here we all know Lorraine and are willing to chip in for a ticket for her, but we've known her story all along and that she has a legitimate need and deserves a show.

I agree with 1-0-0-1 here:

My skeptic side thinks there are people who will write a great "story" just to get a ticket. I know Rush fans are a better breed than most rock fans but there are still those type people out there.

• Like 4

My skeptic side thinks there are people who will write a great "story" just to get a ticket. I know Rush fans are a better breed than most rock fans but there are still those type people out there.

Every time I see one of these things where people are wanting to give something away and then ask for a letter or story or whatever I think that's a possibility. How would you know that someone wasn't just making something up so they could go? It may have nothing to do with "need" but everything to do with how good of a story teller they are.

• Like 2

I understand erring on the side of caution. However, I am not willing to dismiss the idea that people could rally together to benefit those who find themselves in a situation where they will have to miss the tour. Sometimes you have to have faith that there are good people in this world...
  • Like 1