We started a fund for people that can't get to a show

Greetings Rush fans. Rush has given us the best music and lyrics and experiences for 40 years now. And the fans have given so much back to Rush. They are epic. So now we are trying to do something epic. We are trying to get every Rush fan to a show. R40! It may or may not be the last tour, but after what Rush has done for us, and how much we love them, we owe it to them and each other to try and get as many people as we can to shows. So I started a generic GoFundMe account for EVERYONE! Anyone that needs a ticket, ride, etc. just let us know and what your story is. You will be placed in the list. Anyone that can afford to donate to help a fellow fan, feel free to do so. We have a committee which includes many of the admins on Rush groups and some prominent members. As the time approaches, we will go through all the applicants and vote and distribute the money. The more we get, the more people we can get to shows. We are one big family. So lets do something never done before, something epic, lets get everyone to a show. RUSH ON! http://www.gofundme.com/myuwfw
  • Like 6

It took some time, and i found some good people to help. Mostly done with FB Rush admins. Most are probably here. We already have some money raised and a list of people in need. So if anyone knows anyone that needs tickets, you can send me their name and story and i will put them on the list. Of course if anyone wants to donate, please feel free to. Just in case this is the last big tour, I think we owe it to them and each other to get as many of us there as possible. Rush on!

Can you provide details as to who is on the committee? What percentage of donations are going directly towards funding a show for someone in need? How is need determined?

Sorry if I sound skeptical... but... yanno.

Anyone can apply for help. They should include their story.

Righ now the comittee is myself and several prominent admins and members from Rush facebook groups. Myself and one gentlemen have done most of the work. I would love for some people from here to be on it as well. If anyone is interested let me know.

The decision will be the tough part, but will be need based. Each comitte member will look through each request. Then decide what they think. Once everyone has voted, those with the most votes get tickets. How many people they can vote for depends on how much money we raise. All of the members on the comittee so far I know will vote fairly. All great people.

100% goes to help people. (minus whateve fee gofundme takes, which i think is like 2 or 3%)

i can provide the facebook names we have on comittee so far:

Me (Mark Lesko)]

Donald Gadziola

Julie Porter

Tammy Barnhart

John Patuto

Ron Miller

Caroline VanOrden

Catherine curley Cat O'Brien

And I am looking for more.

I came up with theidea while watching Geddy on TMS. What if this is the last big one? I think everyone should have a chance to see it.

I alsmo made 35 facebook meet up groups, one for each show. The facebook equivalent of the hottubs here.

i can provide the facebook names we have on comittee so far:

Me (Mark Lesko)]

Donald Gadziola

Julie Porter

Tammy Barnhart

John Patuto

Ron Miller

Caroline VanOrden

Catherine curley Cat O'Brien

And I am looking for more.

I recognize and am friends with most of these people on Facebook. I didn't realize this was going on though, I haven't read anything about it. Is it posted in any particular group on Facebook?

• Like 2

EagleMoon we tested it on a few groups over the past week or so. Just last night we put it on all groups we could find.

Sounds legit...

I would love to donate. It would be great to send a few younger, new fans without sufficient funds or maybe a single dad/mom trying to make ends meet...

...any fan who's hurting on cash and would otherwise be unable to attend a show.

It should be pairs of tickets, as you should always share a Rush experience with a friend.

• Like 1

Sounds legit...

I would love to donate. It would be great to send a few younger, new fans without sufficient funds or maybe a single dad/mom trying to make ends meet...

...any fan who's hurting on cash and would otherwise be unable to attend a show.

It should be pairs of tickets, as you should always share a Rush experience with a friend.

We will try to do pairs. Some people have no one to go with. So the meet-up groups can fix that. So many people I have seen have already offered people rides.

EagleMoon we tested it on a few groups over the past week or so. Just last night we put it on all groups we could find.

Any reason you can't list the groups? No reason to be vague.

Edited by EagleMoon

Any reason you can't list the groups? No reason to be vague.

EagleMoon I think this is a complete list of the FB groups we posted on (I may have forgotten some). Our comittee members typically admin on one or more:

Rush - Experience to Extremes

RUSH photography by Donald Gadziola

GEDSTER THE MAN!!!

Clockwork Angels (Rush Fans United)

RUSH Fans Unite!!!

Rush Club (Blah Blah Blah)

Rush Rocks

R40 Live Concert Setlist Spoilers

GEDSTER THE MAN!!!

RUSH: Through the Ages

Rush Excerpt of the Day

Cygnus-X1.Net

CYGNUS CLUB

Rush zenith

RUSH GIRLS COOL STUFF

THE BOYS / RUSH

Rush Philosophy

NEIL THE MASTER!

RUSH SISTA'S AND BRO'S

SYMPOSIUM for RUSH

RUSH ELDERS CLUB

RUSH for open minded people Musician/Band

Rush Fans Forever

ALEX RULES

IM A RUSHAHOLIC AND NEED NO HELP!

RUSHAHOLICS..41st anniversary tour!

A Show of fans - A Rush Fan Group

Rush 101

Rushians

RushTour Forum on facebook

THE RUSH ATLANTIC CONNECTION!

Rush Clockwork Angels Tour **Spoilers**

2,112 Reasons We Love Rush

Rush Tribute Radio

Reflections of Rush

Alex Lifeson Fan club

Group: 2112

RUSH

The~Rush~Collective

Rush Collectors Place

Rush Radio

BIG AL ROCKS!!!

The Rush Appreciation Society

RUSH R41 AT THE GREAT AMERICAN BALL PARK!

Official Geddy Lee Fan club

Rush Fans canada

Rush 2112 & YYZ Sightings - Add yours!

Rush: Canada's Greatest Achievement

Rush Fans Germany

Rushboots

Rush fan club

We LOVE Rush <3

SUPER RUSH ADDICTS!!!

Chromey!

This is more than impressive.

Is it legit?

Legit Lorraine. Ask around. I have even been in contact with Donna Halper. I chose the people I asked first because the Rush community knows, trusts, and respects them. 100% legit and 100% goes to the fans. We are just crazy and want to help.

• Like 2

Is it legit?

Legit Lorraine. Ask around. I have even been in contact with Donna Halper. I chose the people I asked first because the Rush community knows, trusts, and respects them. 100% legit and 100% goes to the fans. We are just crazy and want to help.

Everyone should be so crazy. :) I've said it before on here a few times and I will say it again, the greatest tribute to Rush is their fans. If Rush isn't aware of the caliber of their fans, they should be. It says more for them than anything else.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Is it legit?

Everyone should be so crazy. :) I've said it before on here a few times and I will say it again, the greatest tribute to Rush is their fans. If Rush isn't aware of the caliber of their fans, they should be. It says more for them than anything else.

You should get on this list since you've never been able to get to see Rush live.

• Like 2

Is it legit?

You should get on this list since you've never been able to get to see Rush live.

I plan on it, but it sounds to me like a committee chooses who will go?

• Like 1

Hi. I realize this does not seem like it could be real. But it is. I just love Rush and all the fans that keep Rush going.

So let me clarify:

We have already raised money.

We have a comittee now to help spread the word and answer questions and let people know about it.

Anyone can ask for help. On here or FB or wherever. Feel free to pm me here or on fb it you want to be on the list.

As we get closer to showtime, we have to distribute the money.

As for who gets tickets, the original idea was to use a comittee of people that everyone will recgonize. People we all trust to decide fairly. The first people I asked were very prominent and well know and well liked people on Rush fb groups. The idea was to have the committee decide. But that is not set in stone. All depending on how many applicants we get and how much money we raise, I am open to changing the decision prossess. Maybe opening a public vote? Maybe lottery? However it is done at the end, it will be as fair as we can make it. Who knows,maybe we till make enough for everyone. As far as I know, nothing like this has been done before (as can be said for Rush). So we are in uncharted territor. I welcome any suggestions for improvement. Also, the committe is not closed. I could use all the help I can get. I already found a new member from here this morning. Anyone interested just message me. So this is real, legit, supported, and will be as fair as we can possibly make it. Rush and the fans have done so much for me, I just want to pay it forward.

If you want to donate, the link is on the original post.

If you need help, you can pm me or any of the admins, post on the gofund, post here, or on fb. I have one list with everyone that is requesting help. And eyes all over to find more people.