Archer

JohnRogers

I tried it early on, and bailed.

Maybe I'll take it up again.

Wise minds can't be wrong can they?

Maybe some wise minds told me to watch Trailer Park Boys. I'm not sure how much longer I'll give it. Archer I'm finding funny. It is possible both shows might improve much by season two. Many shows take a season to find the right direction.

• Like 1

Archer is getting better and I just caught my first RUSH refference. He mentions Red Barchetta and later pulls up in this.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mch8pxcd1z1qaplvio1_1280.jpg

• Like 2

I tried it early on, and bailed.

Maybe I'll take it up again.

Wise minds can't be wrong can they?

Maybe some wise minds told me to watch Trailer Park Boys. I'm not sure how much longer I'll give it. Archer I'm finding funny. It is possible both shows might improve much by season two. Many shows take a season to find the right direction.

Both shows don't achieve take off until the 2nd or 3rd season.

EDIT: But yeah, the humor might not be for everyone. You do have to pay attention, but Reed has some of the best sense of comedic timing since silent film. Also, lots of obscure references (Bartleby the Scrivner!)

Edited by sdhonda
  • Like 1

After my brother badgered me for months to watch Archer, I've watched most of the first four seasons on Netflix. It's funny (Krieger is the best part, Rush references or no), but the formula has gotten stale. It's a lot of the same scenarios, and introduces no new characters or character development. There is only one recurring villain--Barry the cyborg. And the repetetive gratuitous sexual content is...gratuitous.

The Venture Brothers is WAY better, although I've pretty much given up on that show due to severe lack of the creator's output over the last several years--a half season every two or three years is lame and a dick-move for fans.

• Like 1

After my brother badgered me for months to watch Archer, I've watched most of the first four seasons on Netflix. It's funny (Krieger is the best part, Rush references or no), but the formula has gotten stale. It's a lot of the same scenarios, and introduces no new characters or character development. There is only one recurring villain--Barry the cyborg. And the repetetive gratuitous sexual content is...gratuitous.

The Venture Brothers is WAY better, although I've pretty much given up on that show due to severe lack of the creator's output over the last several years--a half season every two or three years is lame and a dick-move for fans.

Watch the fifth season, the main storyline is a change from the usual format.

• Like 2

I think I've seen my favorite episode, Archer gets a specially equipped 1970 Dodge Challenger for his birthday.
  • Like 1

I've watched three episodes so far, but I have to say that Archers voice is really annoying.

Sorry, but it is. :LOL:

Yeah, I wish he sounded more like Bob from Bob's Burgers.

Just watched the great cross over episode last night, some funny Tai Shan.

• Like 1

Love this show! Binge watched the first 5 seasons last year and am going to hunt down season 6. Guess there will be a season 7 soon too :haz:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m563/kamrahai/TRF/archer-4-s.jpg

I've seen this show advertised on Netflix. Is it really worth watching? Looks kind of bizarre.

That's one of the BEST REASONS TO WATCH IT! LOL

I've watched three episodes so far, but I have to say that Archers voice is really annoying.

http://netdna.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Archer-GIFs-15.gif

Sorry, but it is. :LOL:

Yeah, I wish he sounded more like Bob from Bob's Burgers.

I think it's more the 'Attitude' in which he's speaking for me....

Lana!

Lana!

Lana!

Danger zone

She is voiced by Aisha Tyler:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/Movies%20TV-%20Aisha%20Tyler%20MIB2%20and%20Archer%20voice%20of%20Lana%202.jpg

She is also one of the ladies on "The TALK"

My fave on ARCHER is PAM!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Movies-%20TV/Movies%20TV-%20Pam%20on%20Archer%203.jpg

• Like 1

Believe it or not I got addicted to Rush after hearing numerous references from Archer. I seriously cannot get enough out of this show.
  • Like 1