Metal Gear Solid 5 release date announced.

edm2112

This morning IGN and Hideo Kojima announced the release date for what will be the final chapter in the Metal Gear saga (despite the date being leaked last night by an IGN twitter jockey who probably lost thier job) September 1st 2015 should see the game on both the PS4 and Xbox One, with a PC/Steam version to come around the 15th.

http://www.ign.com/v...olid-5questions

I gotta say, I've been wating on this for a long time. There really aren't any games or franchises that come close to the MGS series...for me at least. The open-world stealth will be something to behold...Apparently the world will be 200 times the size of the teaser that was MGS: Ground Zeroes. The online aspect will be amazing as well (barring the usual crap that befalls an online game)...custom built Mother Bases that can be infiltrated by other players throughout the game...plus a whole load of technical aspects that get me all tingly.

• Like 1

I don't like open world games, and I don't like stealth games. Needless to say, I'll be passing on this.

But I hope you love it!

• Like 1

That reminds me... I should probably finish ground zeroes.

I love MGS. With what little I've played of Ground Zeroes the open world could go either way. I'm still bummed out they're not using David Hayter to voice Solid Snake.

That said, it looks great.

• Like 1

I love MGS. With what little I've played of Ground Zeroes the open world could go either way. I'm still bummed out they're not using David Hayter to voice Solid Snake.

I loved GZ...because it's short I've replayed it to the point of borderline speedrunning. Kiefer Sutherland takes some getting used to...but from what I read, there won't be too much dialogue with him anyways. MGS5 is the reason I've been holding out on getting a PS4...I only just recently picked up a cheap PS3 so I could finally get through MGS4...so now I'm all caught up. I have a feeling this one might have the potential to knock Snake Eater off my personal top spot.

I loved GZ...because it's short I've replayed it to the point of borderline speedrunning. Kiefer Sutherland takes some getting used to...but from what I read, there won't be too much dialogue with him anyways. MGS5 is the reason I've been holding out on getting a PS4...I only just recently picked up a cheap PS3 so I could finally get through MGS4...so now I'm all caught up. I have a feeling this one might have the potential to knock Snake Eater off my personal top spot.

He won't have much dialogue?! I guess he's expensive to do voice acting but I love the absurd amount of dialogue and storytelling in MGS games.

I don't have a PS4 either. I'm playing it on PC. It blows my mind how well optimised the port is.

Where's a good staring place for MGS? The very beginning? I know the storyline is complex but I'm sick of being left out! :rage:

Where's a good staring place for MGS? The very beginning? I know the storyline is complex but I'm sick of being left out! :rage:

It's hard to say...some people like to start at the first Metal Gear Solid...but recently I've found following the story timeline is a great way to go.

If you want to go by the story's chronological order it goes like this:

MGS 3: Snake Eater

MGS: PeaceWalker (originally a PSP title, but it's since been ported to xbox & ps)

Metal Gear Solid (goes by The Twin Snakes on GC)

MGS 2: Sons of Liberty

MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots

The other games like Metal Gear Acid (1&2), Metal Gear Rising, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (although referenced in peacewalker) are not part of the main story.

What I did was I played them in the order I got them when they were released, then replayed the story in the right order.

Either way, you're in for some good times....Also, check out the movie Escape From New York...You can thank Kurt Russell for being Kojima's inspiration for Snake.

• Like 1

I played through (almost) all of the games before MGS4. There are a lot of references and jokes you won't get if you play them in chronological order. I recommend playing through them in release order. TBH I couldn't bring myself to play through MGS3 because of the top down camera (it worked with MGS1 but because of the open level design it was not so good for 3 -- you'd frequently get spotted by guards who were just off screen). I just watched a video on youtube that took me through the story of that one.

IMO you can skip peace walker if you just want the core story. MGS1, 2, 3, 4 really is the center of it all.

• Like 1

I played through (almost) all of the games before MGS4. There are a lot of references and jokes you won't get if you play them in chronological order. I recommend playing through them in release order. TBH I couldn't bring myself to play through MGS3 because of the top down camera (it worked with MGS1 but because of the open level design it was not so good for 3 -- you'd frequently get spotted by guards who were just off screen). I just watched a video on youtube that took me through the story of that one.

IMO you can skip peace walker if you just want the core story. MGS1, 2, 3, 4 really is the center of it all.

I just recently picked up the HD collection for ps3...they did a whole new camera system for MGS3 it makes it SOOOO much more playable. It's got a MGS4 feel with the option to switch back to the original fixed camera.

It's hard to say...some people like to start at the first Metal Gear Solid...but recently I've found following the story timeline is a great way to go.

If you want to go by the story's chronological order it goes like this:

MGS 3: Snake Eater

MGS: PeaceWalker (originally a PSP title, but it's since been ported to xbox & ps)

Metal Gear Solid (goes by The Twin Snakes on GC)

MGS 2: Sons of Liberty

MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots

The other games like Metal Gear Acid (1&2), Metal Gear Rising, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (although referenced in peacewalker) are not part of the main story.

What I did was I played them in the order I got them when they were released, then replayed the story in the right order.

Either way, you're in for some good times....Also, check out the movie Escape From New York...You can thank Kurt Russell for being Kojima's inspiration for Snake.

Thank you both! Very helpful!