What You're Doing

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

Bytor you are correct as is LABT. The haters and young folk are just gonna hate. No way around it... :)

Are all the young members here against early Rush? What You're Doing is great.

From what I have observed they seem to be. There are always outliers in everything but in general it seems to be the case. Just my own observation...

Maybe I was exposed too much to Led Zeppelin when i was younger and whatnot and that's what turned me onto Rush so despite liking their middle career, I have a soft spot for the early stuff rather than an aversion to it

Don't think "too much" Led is possible.... :)

Oh its definitely possible.

Bytor you are correct as is LABT. The haters and young folk are just gonna hate. No way around it... :)

From what I have observed they seem to be. There are always outliers in everything but in general it seems to be the case. Just my own observation...

Maybe I was exposed too much to Led Zeppelin when i was younger and whatnot and that's what turned me onto Rush so despite liking their middle career, I have a soft spot for the early stuff rather than an aversion to it

I've heard Stairway so many times I can hardly stand it anymore (though the Celebration Day version is gorgeous). Over saturation can happen for any band

What you're doing is a nice little Zeppelinesque rocker, but it isn't as good as Working Man, Finding My Way, Before and After and Here Again.

Excellent!! I would put it 5th as well with the others you have pointed out ahead of it. You have pretty good taste and evaluation skills despite what I have heard... :D

Which would be the 5th? In the Mood?

What You're Doing would be fifth for me behind the four you mentioned. I would put Here Again first....
  • Like 1

Would love...love to hear this on R40.
  • Like 1

If you mean our Led (as in LedRush) I could see how that could be possible.... ;) BTW if I hear Stairway To Heaven again 10 years from now it will be to soon. Not dissimilar to Tom Sawyer to me as a big Rush fan....
  • Like 2

In regard to younger fans hating early Rush…

I'm 16, but don't fit that description. Yes, I hate Caress of Steel. Yes, I hate side one of Hemispheres. I at least enjoy everything else.

• Like 1

In regard to younger fans hating early Rush…

I'm 16, but don't fit that description. Yes, I hate Caress of Steel. Yes, I hate side one of Hemispheres. I at least enjoy everything else.

:cheers: That truly is awesome... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

What you're doing is a nice little Zeppelinesque rocker, but it isn't as good as Working Man, Finding My Way, Before and After and Here Again.

Excellent!! I would put it 5th as well with the others you have pointed out ahead of it. You have pretty good taste and evaluation skills despite what I have heard... :D

What You're Doing would be fifth for me behind the four you mentioned. I would put Here Again first....

Ahhh, I misread your post. So we are in complete agreement :D

• Like 1

Ahhh, I misread your post. So we are in complete agreement :D

Its ok. My posts are probably often misread or worse yet ignored... :cool:

All this talk about young rush fans and I realized I'm the youngest so far. I'm only 15 but I enjoy most rush except hold your fire and power windows. Why does everyone hate Caress of Steel? It's a killer album..

Will you be my son? Nephew? I'd love to tell people I have a 15-year-old relative who loves Caress of Steel.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 4

All this talk about young rush fans and I realized I'm the youngest so far. I'm only 15 but I enjoy most rush except hold your fire and power windows. Why does everyone hate Caress of Steel? It's a killer album..

Will you be my son? Nephew? I'd love to tell people I have a 15-year-old relative who loves Caress of Steel.

haha why not.

haha why not.

That's my boy. Now go shovel the goddamn snow.

Just kiddin'.

• Like 2

haha why not.

Just kiddin'.

haha what's snow, I live in tucson

haha why not.

Just kiddin'.

Never mind. Go listen to Caress of Steel. I've got work to do.

• Like 2

I talk about What You're Doing all the time. I think it would be the perfect song from the debut album to break out of the vault for R40. Geddy could definitely handle the vocals. It was the closer on ATWAS, so it has meaningful history. As others have said, the main riff is killer, but I also love the solo. It's so smooth, yet it still kicks ass, which personifies the genius that is Alex Lifeson.
  • Like 1

haha why not.

Just kiddin'.

Ha! A Rush fan...

....in Tucson...

...nerd!

Oh wait... :P

• Like 1