Marathon on Next Tour???

Bigbobby10

Marathon on Next Tour  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marathon be on Next Tour

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I'm thinking that there will be at least one song from each release. From PowerWindows, I believe that it will either be The Big Money or Marathon. Since Marathong was left off last tour, I'm leaning toward Marathon.

Nothing from Caress of Steel unless in a medley.

After That Metal Show I believe the same can be said for Rush and FBN....

Except Working Man, will make it

I wouldnt mind Bastille Day or Lakeside park,

Anything else would be a medley

I'm thinking that there will be at least one song from each release. From PowerWindows, I believe that it will either be The Big Money or Marathon. Since Marathong was left off last tour, I'm leaning toward Marathon.

Wanna bet they'll work Xanadu into the set? Will have drop it down a bit so Ged can sing it but I bet it is in. :NP:

Wanna bet they'll work Xanadu into the set? Will have drop it down a bit so Ged can sing it but I bet it is in. :NP:

It's probably going to be played.

No need to drop the key though, the Ged man can handle Xanadu

Could you imagine attending a Rush show and wait 2 hours and 59 minutes until you heard a song from the 1980s? That is what the last tour was like if you wanted to hear a tune from the 1970s. The early 80s was a popular time for the band, but to almost completely ignore the formative, creative, hard rock and driven years was a harrowing experience for this fan on the CA tour during those 179 minutes waiting for ONE 70s tune (tiny exaggeration)! Didn't they just play Marathon 2 tours ago and half of the record it appears on the last tour? I do not recall fans raving about PoW when it came out, but I do recall Kings and Hemispheres being massively influential and creative records.
  • Like 2

I'm good with it cuz I like the song, but ONLY if it doesn't bump Driven from the setlist. Really want that one more time live.

In a perfect world we can have both and the upside is that is completely realistic.

I hope not, since it's been done recently already.

I'd hate for them to litter this tour with recently played songs and the "usual suspects" like Subdivisions, CTTH, Big Money, Force 10, LTTA, Red Sector A, DEW, Animate, YYZ, Dreamline, Far Cry, Working Man, The Trees, etc. If this is going to be their last major outing, let them play songs that have gotten little airtime and only play the essential hits like TSoR, Tom Sawyer, and 2112 Parts 1 & 2 to free up space.

Edited by GrandDesigner

I love it but they played on the TM tour and I saw it live so now it doesn't really matter.

Mick

^^^^That about says it^^^^

Great song....loved it on the Time Machine Tour...twice.

I would rather hear Emotion Detector or Grand Designs if they even play a tune off Power Windows this tour

Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

I voted I don't care. But it would be the only song other than a keyboard-less version of Emotion Detector that I would want to represent Power Windows for this tour. They just saturated the last tour with so much of that album that I could do with out any songs from it.

:codger:

• Like 1

I'd also like to hear Mystic Rhythms.

I'd take that, but I'm holding out for Emotion Detector.

:| Really? Huh. Not sure how well that would come off live, but it'd certainly be interesting.

I'd also like to hear Mystic Rhythms.

I'd take that, but I'm holding out for Emotion Detector.

:| Really? Huh. Not sure how well that would come off live, but it'd certainly be interesting.

It doesn't seem any harder than the other keybard-heavy PoW songs. It's actually a favorite of mine from that album and I feel like this is the last opportunity to hear it live, so I'd rather them do that than one that's been played and appeared on a live album already.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Rush_Power_Windows.jpg

The kid on the album cover is 40 years old.

Now we all feel really old.

Really? I'm pretty sure I ve heard more than twice live.

Power Windows Tour

Hold Your Fire Tour

Presto Tour

TM Tour

And I would love it if it was played again on the R40 tour.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3

Really? I'm pretty sure I ve heard more than twice live.

Power Windows Tour

Hold Your Fire Tour

Presto Tour

TM Tour

And I would love it if it was played again on the R40 tour.

That sounds aboot right. I agree lets hear it one mo'time!