Leonard Nimoy has died.

ReRushed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vtQUePN5y40

Really bummed about this. Rest in peace.

I hate it when this happens, another piece of my childhood is gone...Bones, Scotty and now MR. Spock. If I dare combine shows, I hope he has passed beyond the rim and will meet with G'Kar and Sinclair :rose: :(

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

I thought he was much younger than that.

Nope he and The Shat pushing 80s, Nimoy took better care of himself. I had bad feeling this morning when I heard he was hospitalized.

Might have to dig out that Columbo episode he was in for tonight. My wife is Trekked out, we finished TOS and the movies recently.

I was shocked to learn about this today. It's like it just happened. I think 83 is a good number to go at,

No rational reason to complain about living to "only" 83. That is a ripe old age.

Mr. Nimoy seemed to make a lot of his 83 years, and enriched my life in the process. /salute

Edited by Closer to the Heart
  • Like 2

This is so sad but he did live a good long life. Hate to see people you grew up with dying off. Star Trek was a great part of my life.
  • Like 3

I'm glad I got to meet Len a few years ago and his colleague Shatner the year after on Father's Day. I have no dad so it meant a lot to me.
  • Like 2

http://starwrecked.com/contents/other-parts/Original-Series-Leonard-Nimoy-Spock/Columbo-A-Stitch-in-Crime-Dr-Barry-Mayfield-15.jpg
  • Like 1

http://starwrecked.com/contents/other-parts/Original-Series-Leonard-Nimoy-Spock/Columbo-A-Stitch-in-Crime-Dr-Barry-Mayfield-11.jpg
  • Like 1

Wow, sad news.

Rest in Peace Dr. Spock.

I hate to be "that guy", but Dr. Spock had the book for babies, Nimoy was Mr. Spock :D

Wow, sad news.

Rest in Peace Dr. Spock.

I hate to be "that guy", but Dr. Spock had the book for babies, Nimoy was Mr. Spock :D

True-true although Mr. Spock probably had a few doctorate degrees.

;)

I'm glad I got to meet Len a few years ago and his colleague Shatner the year after on Father's Day. I have no dad so it meant a lot to me.

I got to see both Nimoy and Shatner at a ST convention back in '95 or '96.

It was really awesome. Shatner was super un-PC that day though, here's a true story from the event:

They were fielding questions from the audience floor (not from both sides of the stage on podiums, like they normally do) and about 4-5 people in this guy stands up... and he's pretty overweight.. and before the guy can squeeze off a question Shatner shouts "Wow, you don't miss many meals do you??!" Nimoy looked liked he had seen a ghost lol.

This might sound terrible, but it was REALLY funny at the time.

• Like 2

"Wow, you don't miss many meals do you??!" Nimoy looked liked he had seen a ghost lol.

Super funny coming from The Shat in 1995 who could REALLY fill out a starfleet uniform.

"Wow, you don't miss many meals do you??!" Nimoy looked liked he had seen a ghost lol.

Super funny coming from The Shat in 1995 who could REALLY fill out a starfleet uniform.

It was at the Bayside Expo Center near Boston. I'm not positive, but I think Jeri Ryan and Alexander Sidigg were also there for that one. This was right before Starship Troopers came out (they had a preview screening during one of the intermissions). There might be somebody else somewhere on the internet that remembers him dissing the fat guy besides me who knows?