2nd Encore: Is it time?

losingit2k

Rush - 2nd Encore, Is it Time?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should RUSH have a 2nd Encore during their shows?

• Yea
    • Ney

I went with yea, obviously! I think its time in RUSH Career and since this might be their last show that they should have a 2nd Encore: What are your thoughts and list the 2nd Encore:

2nd Encore:

YYZ

Closer to the Heart (Extended Jam - with the "A Show Of Hands" Ending)

No. 2nd encores are dumb. Just combine everything into one encore. Taking more time to have a second encore means less time for another song or two.

What's next?

Pretty soon, there'll be no end in sight to the encores.... ;)

Edited by laughedatbytime

I've always hated encores. Back in the 80s (not Rush specifically) bands would shut down the lights just to hear the crowd yell for 5 minutes. They'd play a song, the do it all over again. Kind of self serving. I'd prefer to hear music over fans yelling any day.

I think a two-song encore is perfect (though sometimes I'd like to hear three songs. But they don't all have to be totally over the top). But a two-song encore- one mellower (like maybe...Madrigal?) and the second one rocking- is just perfect.
  • Like 1

PLANNED second encores are stupid! (hell even planned encores are stupid) Back when people would play, then the crowd would go freaking crazy, they'd come out and do an encore because it was warranted...or a second one if the crowd wouldn't leave.

The only time I ever experienced a legitimate second encore was in 1987 when Pink Floyd played JFK Stadium in Philly...they came out did their "planned" encore, then the crowd (of over 100,000) would not leave...so they came BACK and played Shine On You Crazy Diamond...

Rush doesn't need to do that, but if this is a "final-ish" tour...they should be prepared if we don't leave! (although Neil would screw it up by running like a bat out of hell to his bus)

• Like 1

How about 3 sets of equal length?

3 45 minute sets?

So 2 15 minute breaks?

Would never work. In general audiences take 15-20 minutes for drinks, pee.

Band would not want to come back TWICE to a half filled arena

I surprised except for one, that only the members who voted Ney have left responses. Come guys don't be intimitated, leave your ideas on why you voted Yea! This could be their last tour and a 2nd encore is appropriate for such a long and enduring career.

More...more ....more!!!!!

Maybe on the last show in L.A. That would definitely signify the end in my eyes.

I'm thinking something special may happen at the end of that show. If there is a little something, even some words from Geddy, it might signify the possible end of Rush as we know it.

Maybe on the last show in L.A. That would definitely signify the end in my eyes.

I'm thinking something special may happen at the end of that show. If there is a little something, even some words from Geddy, it might signify the possible end of Rush as we know it.

I have a feeling everyone is going to keep an eye/ear out at the first show of this tour just to try and pick up any kind of clue. Though I seriously doubt they're ever going to say "this is the end" because like Geddy said, he doesn't like farewell tours.

• Like 1

Not their style to have a second encore. After 2 full sets then an encore already? At their age? Really? They must be exhausted by the end of the first. And they don't do a second encore. So I vote yes. Absloutely yes. Because Rush is after all about doing things. No one would expect that. Turn the house lights on. Then bam another song. People would go nuts. So heck yea.
  • Like 1

Not their style to have a second encore. After 2 full sets then an encore already? At their age? Really? They must be exhausted by the end of the first. And they don't do a second encore. So I vote yes. Absloutely yes. Because Rush is after all about doing things. No one would expect that. Turn the house lights on. Then bam another song. People would go nuts. So heck yea.

Yeah cause it wasn't their style to tour with a string section either. Open your minds people.

RUSH is all about change and those "changes aren't permanent!" :codger: