All The World´s A Stage VS Exit... Stage Left VS A Show Of Hands

YYZumbi

63 members have voted

1. 1. What album do you think is the best one?

• All The World´s A Stage
    • Exit... Stage Left
    • A Show Of Hands

ATWAS because it transformed and elevated the source material. I do love side 3 of ESL though, more than any other side of a live album (though side 3 of ATWAS gives it a run), despite the muddy sound.

I'll have to listen for the muddy sound next time...

The "muddy sound" comment refers to ESL, not ATWAS. ATWAS is anything but muddy of course.
  • Like 1

The "muddy sound" comment refers to ESL, not ATWAS. ATWAS is anything but muddy of course.

Whew :sigh: . That was a close one. I misunderstood obviously.... :)

I've always loved ESL as a greatest hits of Rush's second phase but was always so disappointed in the sound, and the way the songs fade in and out as if there's no pretense that the listener is listening in on a show. Until I joined this forum I had no idea the production was widely considered an issue. Still though, The Trees, Xanadu, and La Villa are my favorite live versions despite the production. Just hope they get around to fixing things, like they did for VT. Edited by Rutlefan

Unpopular opinion, but A Show of Hands was always my favorite live album. ATWAS is too rough, and ESL is too polished. A show of hands meets that great center point of live production with the right mixing of which channels to use. Plus the track list is great too.

DS has the 1978 show in addition to the T4E show. Two era's for the price of one, hands down winner. But not an option...ESL way overdubbed also. Edited by Gabrielgil513

I do happen to love ASoH. '80s Rush is awesome! I love ESL more, but sometimes I'm just in the mood to hear Turn the Page or something.