For the Ticketless....

dtpoet

I wanted to start a thread for all of us who have yet to purchase or will not be purchasing tickets. For whatever reasons you find yourself currently without a ticket, whether it be by flaw or design, take solace that you are not alone.

With 3 kids in college, it is just not in the cards. I hold out hope that I get a potential bonus at the end of April, but until then I will scour the secondary market, browse the ebay types, and dream the little dream.

That doesn't mean I haven't come close to finding comforts in the dog kennel. I couldn't resist (I am weak, my wife is strong) bidding on 2 great seats on ebay this past weekend. I tempted fate by being the highest bidder up until the last two hours but had enough restraint to not hit "send" one last time. Whew!

That's my story. I love Rush. I'd love to take my oldest to his first concert for his graduation present. But while temptation lingers and hope endures, I have come to peace with the idea that we will not see the show.

"for you the blind who once could see

the bell tolls for thee."

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

I wanted to start a thread for all of us who have yet to purchase or will not be purchasing tickets. For whatever reasons you find yourself currently without a ticket, whether it be by flaw or design, take solace that you are not alone.

With 3 kids in college, it is just not in the cards. I hold out hope that I get a potential bonus at the end of April, but until then I will scour the secondary market, browse the ebay types, and dream the little dream.

That doesn't mean I haven't come close to finding comforts in the dog kennel. I couldn't resist (I am weak, my wife is strong) bidding on 2 great seats on ebay this past weekend. I tempted fate by being the highest bidder up until the last two hours but had enough restraint to not hit "send" one last time. Whew!

That's my story. I love Rush. I'd love to take my oldest to his first concert for his graduation present. But while temptation lingers and hope endures, I have come to peace with the idea that we will not see the show.

"for you the blind who once could see

the bell tolls for thee."

I pray you find a 'Passage to Tulsa'

Or Lincoln or...well you get the idea

i still plan on catching them in either nyc or philly but i haven't found a decent seat at a decent price yet. all hope is not lost though. i held out on the time machine tour in 2010 and the venue ended up releasing more seats about a month before the show. we ended up getting dead center, 18th row floor seats at $180 a pop :) i'm hoping to have the same kind of luck this tour
  • Like 1

I'm waiting to find out (as much as i can) what the potential set list is going to be. This will be the difference between me buying the cheaper nose bleeds and paying big money for the lower bowl seats. This coming from a die hard 35 year RUSH fan who's seen them 61 times in concert since 1982.
  • Like 1

I am currently ticketless. I am trying to hold out to see if some better seats get released.

I almost bit on the 2 tickets in section 210 in Tampa, but the wife insists on being right under Ged's nose... I insist that this shouldn't be difficult.

Nonetheless, we're on the patience train headed for insanity... pray for us.

• Like 1

I scored decent seat for the St.Louis show, but I am without so far for the Denver show I plan to attend. There are no decent seats for Denver, unless one is willing to bid on them from season ticket holders to the venue. Check eBay and other secondary markets here and there, but like others hoping they release decent seats closer to show time.
  • Like 1

I simply will not pay what they ae asking. I also have a kid in college, and a nine year old to provide for. For what they are asking for premium setas, I can get an all-winter, multi-resort ski pass with access to Tahoe, Utah and Colorado. Easy choice for me.

I'll wait till last minute and scour Craigslist. If it's meant to be..I'll get a last-minute great deal.

• Like 4

Been working 2 jobs for last 7 years to avoid going on government assistance

Now, since I found out about the Rush tour :guitar:

I work an extra shift once a week to prepare for tickets, travel, & the fact I won't earn a dollar for about 10 days in a row come late July

that's about 70.00 minimum per shift, X 19 weeks = $ 1,330.00 setting aside for the Rush 2015 experience ! :7up:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

• Like 4

I simply will not pay what they ae asking. I also have a kid in college, and a nine year old to provide for. For what they are asking for premium setas, I can get an all-winter, multi-resort ski pass with access to Tahoe, Utah and Colorado. Easy choice for me.

I'll wait till last minute and scour Craigslist. If it's meant to be..I'll get a last-minute great deal.

Goose, want to make sure I'm not missing anything. When I google Craigslist for tickets, it seems to take me to a kind of ticket outlet (forget the name). Is tvat where you are looking or is there a different place to look on Craigslist? Thanks in advance.

Goose, want to make sure I'm not missing anything. When I google Craigslist for tickets, it seems to take me to a kind of ticket outlet (forget the name). Is tvat where you are looking or is there a different place to look on Craigslist? Thanks in advance.

An agency isn't what I had in mind with Craigslist...I will be looking for private party deals.
  • Like 1

When searching craigslist, most of the posts will be from ticket agencies, but you can turn that off by selecting tickets from owners only. That's the route I'm gonna have to take as well since I was working during the onsale and the San Jose show has since sold out.
  • Like 2

I was going to settle with the tickets that I have for Buffalo (300 level), but decided to poke around and ask some of my contacts in the area if there are any seats to be had. Within two hours I receive a cell message with an attached picture of two second-row floor seats or face value. M reply was- Send Them! A few minutes later, I received another text - "There are plenty of good seas available - they are just floating around. Need any more?"

Pretty sickening!

• Like 2

I too have yet to buy tickets. This is what I usually do and have not failed to get tickets a few days before the show for UNDER face value. It I don't , life goes on.
  • Like 1

When searching craigslist, most of the posts will be from ticket agencies, but you can turn that off by selecting tickets from owners only. That's the route I'm gonna have to take as well since I was working during the onsale and the San Jose show has since sold out.

When they are from Craigslist, how can you be sure they are legit, or is that not a problem with Rush concerts? Just curious since an acquaintance got burned that way for Rolling Stones in Washington, DC (granted, he didn't really know what he was getting into.)

• Like 1

My family is in same boat - we're spending the disposable income on a family vacation... We've seen Rush 5 times since 2010 and decided to enjoy a new experience. You can't have it all, so the saying goes...

PS. subject to change should lottery winnings come into play

• Like 1

I've been going to RUSH shows since 1977 and did not want to miss this possible last big tour. However tickets were gone so fast and I was not in the position to pay outrageous prices for a decent seat. I have been taking my son to shows since 1996 and he was very upset as well that tickets disappeared so fast for the Boston show. As luck has it, he is in a very good paying job and told me it was "payback" time and purchased 13th row seats for outrageous money but he didn't care, he wasn't missing this for anything and wanted good seats. He is considering this our farewell to RUSH possibly. We are going to do this tour up like none other. I love the kids of RUSH parents.
  • Like 2

When they are from Craigslist, how can you be sure they are legit, or is that not a problem with Rush concerts? Just curious since an acquaintance got burned that way for Rolling Stones in Washington, DC (granted, he didn't really know what he was getting into.)

The only way I buy them on Craigslist is to PayPal the money and have the other party transfer the tickets directly through ticketmaster. That being said, I would agree that stubhub is by far the safer (yet almost always the more expensive) route.

• Like 2

I'm still ticketless and jobless. Hopefully a miracle will happen.
  • Like 1

I've been going to RUSH shows since 1977 and did not want to miss this possible last big tour. However tickets were gone so fast and I was not in the position to pay outrageous prices for a decent seat. I have been taking my son to shows since 1996 and he was very upset as well that tickets disappeared so fast for the Boston show. As luck has it, he is in a very good paying job and told me it was "payback" time and purchased 13th row seats for outrageous money but he didn't care, he wasn't missing this for anything and wanted good seats. He is considering this our farewell to RUSH possibly. We are going to do this tour up like none other. I love the kids of RUSH parents.

Hats off to you, dad! Sounds like you raised an awesome son! :sundog: