"Least Glorious" to ???

toscanobarga

What is your LEAST favorite Rush studio album ?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1 - Pick your least favorite

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

That's my main reason for Saying VT. Sound aside i do not like a single track. other albums there's always something i enjoy. Not so on VT. Not a single song.

Mick

But, Mick, every Rush album has something redeemable about it, even Vapor Trails.

Are you certain you don't like any songs on it?

positive.

lol lord knows i've tried.

Mick

Is it the songs themselves you have issues with, or the production?

I don't hear most of the production stuff that others talk about. What I love about VT is the songs--I find them to be very strong, musically and lyrically. I think the songwriting is more of a return to the earlier years rather than the decade that preceded it, although I couldn't really say what the difference is. I also love how they venture a slight bit down other musical paths without going too far from being Rush; "How It Is" has a taste of 60s psychedelia to it, for example.

• Like 1

That's my main reason for Saying VT. Sound aside i do not like a single track. other albums there's always something i enjoy. Not so on VT. Not a single song.

Mick

But, Mick, every Rush album has something redeemable about it, even Vapor Trails.

positive.

Mick

I don't hear most of the production stuff that others talk about. What I love about VT is the songs--I find them to be very strong, musically and lyrically. I think the songwriting is more of a return to the earlier years rather than the decade that preceded it, although I couldn't really say what the difference is. I also love how they venture a slight bit down other musical paths without going too far from being Rush; "How It Is" has a taste of 60s psychedelia to it, for example.

I have heard the remix and it's better. so i can't lay blame solely on the production. The songs as a group are probably the least engaging Rush has ever recorded.

Mick

Mick

positive.

Mick

^^^ This is why she is the ambassador... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Mick

positive.

Mick

I'm going to check out a bit more of it anew, based on this.

• Like 1

Why do people hate Caress of Steel?

Too much. Just too much of everything. The epics are what kill it for me. Screechy and onboxious, too raw and unrefined. By-Tor and the Snowdog, 2112, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 are brilliant epics. But, The Necromancer and The a Fountain of Lamneth—and why not use the opportunity to bash Hemispheres also—are just plain awful. The shorter songs on CoS are just clunkers. I Think I'm Going Bald is just plain ridiculous, and Lakeside Park is boring.

Notice how I left Bastille Day out of the discussion. It is a great song, a 10/10, but one great song isn't enough to make an album.

In the 20 minutes of FoL and the 11 of Necromancer, there's about 4 minutes of screechy vocals...about the same amount as for 2 regular songs from any of the first 6 albums. And calling Lakeside Park a clunker is absurd.

• Like 2

Too much. Just too much of everything. The epics are what kill it for me. Screechy and onboxious, too raw and unrefined. By-Tor and the Snowdog, 2112, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 are brilliant epics. But, The Necromancer and The a Fountain of Lamneth—and why not use the opportunity to bash Hemispheres also—are just plain awful. The shorter songs on CoS are just clunkers. I Think I'm Going Bald is just plain ridiculous, and Lakeside Park is boring.

Notice how I left Bastille Day out of the discussion. It is a great song, a 10/10, but one great song isn't enough to make an album.

In the 20 minutes of FoL and the 11 of Necromancer, there's about 4 minutes of screechy vocals...about the same amount as for 2 regular songs from any of the first 6 albums. And calling Lakeside Park a clunker is absurd.

He's only twenty.

Moving Pictures blows. Especially that sh*t song Witch Hunt... :sarcastic:

I really like that one song, Huckleberry Finn or something.

As the official Moving Pictures ambassador, I condemn even joking that any part of the album…ahem…"blows." You should be ashamed.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

I enjoy Lakeside Park from Caress Of Steel but live it is an incredible song and takes on a whole other life and texture altogether. Just my opinion...
  • Like 2

Moving Pictures blows. Especially that sh*t song Witch Hunt... :sarcastic:

I really like that one song, Huckleberry Finn or something.

As the official Moving Pictures ambassador, I condemn even joking that any part of the album…ahem…"blows." You should be ashamed.

I will accept that scrutiny. Just wanted to see you defend your territory and you have done it well... :cheers:
  • Like 1

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0017.gif Look at all those people piling on the debut and giving it a kicking...and probably stealing it's lunch money, too.

I can understand it not being high on the favourites list, given the highs the boys went on to do, but there's just an energy and enthusiasm bursting out of every note on this album. Geddy, Alex and John were out to prove themselves and make it as musicians, and I can hear that passion in the music, and it gets me every time.

It may not be "Glorious" in the technically complex way...but I find that the gusto is very glorious.

That's why I'm the Ambassador. :yes:

• Like 5

I don't think the debut should be included in any of these polls, but that's just my opinion. If it wasn't, I think I would pick Power Windows as the least glorious. :ph34r: :outtahere:

Bold pick (in a good way). Very overrated among many fans. I'd give it a very average 5/10.

Edited by greg2112

moving pictures ambassador? bitch, please. we don't need a spokesman for an album that everybody on earth already loves :D

He blasphemes Hemispheres on a regular basis, so he got the "gag job".

I genuinely despise Hemispheres. I don't blast it just for the sake of blasting something. But I genuinely love Moving Pictures. Sorry I can't please everyone, but frankly, in that regard, I don't necessarily care what any of you thinks. :)

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

moving pictures ambassador? bitch, please. we don't need a spokesman for an album that everybody on earth already loves :D

I genuinely despise Hemispheres. I don't blast it just for the sake of blasting something. But I genuinely love Moving Pictures. Sorry I can't please everyone, but frankly, in that regard, I don't necessarily care what any of you thinks. :)

sorry, but you have to understand why people bust your balls for it. you're like the guy on the black sabbath forum who thinks master of reality sucks.

sorry, but you have to understand why people bust your balls for it. you're like the guy on the black sabbath forum who thinks master of reality sucks.

Oh, I understand. I just don't care.

"Oh, I understand. I just don't care."

Funny. Reminds me of one of my favorite Homer lines:

Homer: What are you so mopey about?!

Lisa: [Downcast] Nothing.

Marge: Lisa tell your father.

Lisa: Mr. Bergstrom left today.

Homer: [uninterested] Oh?

Lisa: He's gone. Forever.

Homer: And?

Lisa: I didn't think you'd understand.

Homer: [Trying to sound sympathetic] Hey! Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

"Oh, I understand. I just don't care."

Funny. Reminds me of one of my favorite Homer lines:

Homer: What are you so mopey about?!

Lisa: [Downcast] Nothing.

Marge: Lisa tell your father.

Lisa: Mr. Bergstrom left today.

Homer: [uninterested] Oh?

Lisa: He's gone. Forever.

Homer: And?

Lisa: I didn't think you'd understand.

Homer: [Trying to sound sympathetic] Hey! Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

:LOL: That is pretty funny.

The debut. no matter what it's fans tell you. It's a gigantic.......ENORMOUS........HEAPING......STINKING......pile of SHIT.

Mick

Fixed!

Oh, now that's just unnecessary. The debut is so beautifully Zeppelinesque that I'd rather listen to it over several Zeppelin albums.

Can I get a witness?? :D

Paging Narp...

:blah: Right here! Agreed 100%. It beats at least ITTOD by a country mile....

I also think it's better than Houses of the Holy.

:outtahere: ;)

The debut. no matter what it's fans tell you. It's a gigantic.......ENORMOUS........HEAPING......STINKING......pile of SHIT.

Mick

Fixed!

Oh, now that's just unnecessary. The debut is so beautifully Zeppelinesque that I'd rather listen to it over several Zeppelin albums.

Paging Narp...

Possibly. I have everything they ever released on vinyl but will admit its been a long time since I listened to a full album. I just know I at least like everything exception ITTOD....

Mick

Fixed!

Paging Narp...

You mean the best Zeppelin album?

You monster!

• Like 1

Mick

Fixed!

Paging Narp...

You mean the best Zeppelin album?

You monster!

I know, I know...

Talk about being divisive. :P

But yeah. The best Zeppelin albums are Presence and III.