40th Anniversary Blu ray/DVD/CD, Will There Be One and Where Will it Be Recorded?

DirkPrattLerxst

Yes, most likely. My guess is that it will be filmed either in Toronto or NYC/Newark.

I doubt they do New York based alone on the fact that the Grace Under Pressure concert was recorded there.

I'm pretty sure P/G live was done in Toronto.

Edit:

"The program was shot over two nights in September '84 at Maple Leaf Gardens. The production, which included the use of 12 cameras, 40 vari-lites and 300 pars audience lights, was on par with our co-production of Bowie's Serious Moonlight show, and the same director, David Mallett, was used. We used a lot of Canadian talent (Magnetic North Corporation did the post-production and the audio producers were Terry Brown and Jon Erickson) and, in CPI's pitch to prospective clients, we emphasize the strength of Canadian production talent." - Steve Howard, Concert Productions International, Canadian Musician, May 1985

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 1

Yes, most likely. My guess is that it will be filmed either in Toronto or NYC/Newark.

I doubt they do New York based alone on the fact that the Grace Under Pressure concert was recorded there.

Edit:

"The program was shot over two nights in September '84 at Maple Leaf Gardens. The production, which included the use of 12 cameras, 40 vari-lites and 300 pars audience lights, was on par with our co-production of Bowie's Serious Moonlight show, and the same director, David Mallett, was used. We used a lot of Canadian talent (Magnetic North Corporation did the post-production and the audio producers were Terry Brown and Jon Erickson) and, in CPI's pitch to prospective clients, we emphasize the strength of Canadian production talent." - Steve Howard, Concert Productions International, Canadian Musician, May 1985

My bad. For some reason I was thinking it was done in Radio City Music Hall.

Knowing they will inevitably release a live album and BluRay from the tour is one of the few things helping me accept that I am not going to see them live (*sobs of the broke-ass broke*).

Edit:

RCMH was the site for the pre P/g! warm-up shows.

Marillion opened. I was there for a few of the shows ;)

Edit:

I like your line of reasoning, though. If the band is on the same page, NYC may be a shoe-in!! :dweez:

Edit:

I like your line of reasoning, though. If the band is on the same page, NYC may be a shoe-in!! :dweez:

Highly doubt it would be NYC and/or Newark.

Union costs for both venues are through the roof.

But ya never know...

Edit:

Highly doubt it would be NYC and/or Newark.

Union costs for both venues are through the roof.

But ya never know...

I think you're right...it's more of a hope for me than anything else.

Toronto because they will play both sets

I would like to see a Pre tour doc. Setup, prep maybe even a 5 hour setlist being discussed and cut down.

Pretty much any extras off stage in case this is it

They should record multiple shows. I think that would be the most appropriate thing to do. Doubtful that they would, just because it would probably be cost inhibitive.

They should record multiple shows. I think that would be the most appropriate thing to do. Doubtful that they would, just because it would probably be cost inhibitive.

They did for the CA Tour in Dallas and Phoenix, probably for a couple reasons:

1. They had rotating songs in the setlist.

2. Age has caught up with them.

That's why Toronto would be perfect for this. 2 nights to go off of for a release.

Edited by BowlCity

They did for the CA Tour in Dallas and Phoenix, probably for a couple reasons:

1. They had rotating songs in the setlist.

2. Age has caught up with them.

That's why Toronto would be perfect for this. 2 nights to go off of for a release.

Yeah I know they did, which is part of the reason for the bad editing job on CA.

I was thinking of more dates separated by a few nights each.

If they REALLY wanted to go for a "live souvenir for the fans" type of cash cow, they should record the soundboard of every show and release it online a few days later for $9.95 MP3 and $12.95 FLAC files, the way Metallica does (and HAS done since the beginning of the 2004 Madly in Anger Tour). Now, granted Metallica's setlist changes on a nightly basis (usually half of the 18 songs stay the same and they mix up the other nine...from what I understand, Lars takes suggestions during the Meet and Greet and then the guys decide just before they go in the tuning room to jam/warm up). If RUSH did this, despite the setlist staying the same, or only swapping out a few songs, I still would have bought all 8 shows I've been to since 2007, and probably would have bought a few from the CA Tour where they played Middletown Dreams.