Stuff that screams "My Town"!

Lost In Xanadu

Driving home from the store yesterday, I saw something that screamed "That is Milwaukee right there."

I passed a frozen custard stand, the temp was 8oF, and the parking lot was completely full.

• Like 1

The suburbs anyway.... :facepalm:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/cjtougas272/SANY0316.jpg

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

I live in the middle of nowhere so...

...a field of sheep...

Ten bucks says Sheldon got the strangest boner after reading that post.
  • Like 5

I live in the middle of nowhere so...

...a field of sheep...

Ten bucks says Sheldon got the strangest boner after reading that post.

Pics or it didn't hap...never mind...

Edited by laughedatbytime

Deep dish pizza. Hot dogs with mustard, pickle relish, onions, tomato, and torpedo peppers. The Blues Brothers. :haz:

Don't forget graft, patronage, and corruption.

I am from a small suburb of Akron Ohio called Barberton. The town is very famous for its fried chicken. They call themselves "The chicken capital of the world". Also, Barberton was founded by O.C.Barber who owned the Diamond Match Company which produced over 250 million matches a day. I can't find chicken that tastes like Barberton chicken anywhere but every time I use a stick match I think of my hometown. Edited by johndyar

Deep dish pizza. Hot dogs with mustard, pickle relish, onions, tomato, and torpedo peppers. The Blues Brothers. :haz:

Don't forget Portillos! :D :drool:

Edited by BowlCity

Yes! I took WCM there one of the times he was in town. There is a place by me that is as good as Portillos, and they have fresh cut french fries. :haz: There Italian beef is out of this world too.

Yes! I took WCM there one of the times he was in town. There is a place by me that is as good as Portillos, and they have fresh cut french fries. :haz: There Italian beef is out of this world too.

I went to a Buona Beef with my dad before going to the Time Machine show in 2011 (see my sig) and it was pretty good.

Portillos blew it out of the water when I went last fall during a trip to Northwestern for a hackathon. BEST ONION RINGS EVER :haz:

Only way to get a Portillos is to get it dipped, with caramelized onions. Any other way is missing out.

Edited by BowlCity

Deep dish pizza.

Gino's East! Best pizza I've had in Chicago. (OK, I confess, I've only been to the one in Rosemont). Certainly some of the best pizza I've had, anywhere.

• Like 1

Deep dish pizza.

Gino's East! Best pizza I've had in Chicago. (OK, I confess, I've only been to the one in Rosemont). Certainly some of the best pizza I've had, anywhere.

Gino's is the one where you can write on the wall, correct?

• Like 1

Deep dish pizza.

Gino's is the one where you can write on the wall, correct?

Yes!

Don't forget graft, patronage, and corruption.

I thought the new governor was "cleaning up" the state, he can't get passed Rahm Emanuel?

...what SOCN?

I need to decide if NYC or Enid OK is "home".

Edited by JohnRogers

I always think of the inventions that have come from my town. I think of that before any places, or foods, or images that might be well-known. So...

Powered flight. That's a good one.

Electric ignition in cars.

Pop-top aluminum cans.

Also, steel truck wheels. First developed and patented by my great-grandfather, in 1914. :)

• Like 4