3. Permanent Waves

4. Moving Pictures

5. 2112

6. Caress of Steel

7. Fly By Night

8. Signals

9. Rush

Good list here....^^^^ :ebert:

I'm always defending the debut and then I go and put it lower than Geddy. But look at that list of albums...what a f'n run. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Yep. The Debut is something I love but I have a hard time moving it high up any list either. I do enjoy it more than FBN though. I just love the FBN tunes on ATWAS so much that anything less just seems to be to tame and disappoints me somewhat. I heard their music first on ATWAS so I guess it makes some sense I suppose....

By-Tor ATWAS and Rio >>>>>>>>>> By-Tor FBN

^^^^ This X 1000....

1- Hold Your Fire

2-Roll the Bones

3-Test for Echo.....

AHH......GOTCHA!!!

1- Hemispheres

2- Permanent Waves

3- Moving Pictures

4- 2112

5- A Farewell to Kings

6- Fly By Night

7- Signals

8- Rush

9- Caress of Steel

You certainly wouldn't be the first person on here to rank HYF as #1. They're actually serious too :LOL:

• Like 1

1. A Farewell to Kings

2. Hemispheres

3. Permanent Waves

4. Moving Pictures

5. 2112

6. Caress of Steel

7. Fly By Night

8. Signals

9. Rush

Good list here....^^^^ :ebert:

I'm always defending the debut and then I go and put it lower than Geddy. But look at that list of albums...what a f'n run. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Yep. The Debut is something I love but I have a hard time moving it high up any list either. I do enjoy it more than FBN though. I just love the FBN tunes on ATWAS so much that anything less just seems to be to tame and disappoints me somewhat. I heard their music first on ATWAS so I guess it makes some sense I suppose....

By-Tor ATWAS and Rio >>>>>>>>>> By-Tor FBN

^^^^ This X 1000....

Even if the Rio version is shortened. There is nothing that that performance didn't energize. ATWAS wins cause it played it in full. I'm imagining Alex wailing on that bluesy solo today with the 355, like he did on The Way The Wind Blows on the Snakes tour.

9 COS

8 FBN

7 RUSH

6 FTK

5 SIGNALS

4 HEMISPHERES

3 2112

2 PeW

1 MOVING PICTURES

I was surprised at his placement of Signals . But then I thought about it for moment and realized that it was the follow up to MP. Their most succesfull album. Then I also realized that like most bands the following album after their most successful was not as good. I must admit I loved it . but I was going through a phase in my life where I had bough my own synthesizer and was also learning to play guitar . It was also my first Rush release and concert as a fan. I am glad Geddy picked MP as his favorite. I also watched the Icons show after that metal show and it reignited my love for the band. Brought back some great memories. Those were some great years discovering Rush.

Well, I find all 9 of these albums to be fantastic, so even ranking something the lowest out of those 9 is no bad thing.
  • Like 5

Well, I find all 9 of these albums to be fantastic, so even ranking something the lowest out of those 9 is no bad thing.

I agree, and the only sure thing for me in ranking them is the first album as the last. 2112 would be eight for me. The other seven are all, more or less, equal to me.

Edited by Lorraine

1- Vapor Trails

2-Roll the Bones

3-Test for Echo.....

AHH......GOTCHA!!!

1- Hemispheres

2- Permanent Waves

3- Moving Pictures

4- 2112

5- A Farewell to Kings

6- Fly By Night

7- Signals

8- Rush

9- Caress of Steel

You certainly wouldn't be the first person on here to rank HYF as #1. They're actually serious too :LOL:

No he wouldn't, and yes, I am serious. It just can't be placed here because it isn't among the first nine albums. But even in a list of the top 20 Rush albums, it would sit right at the top with its buddy Hemispheres, thank you very much.

As the Rush Forum's co-ambassador of Hold Your Fire, I've taken the liberty of replacing it with a more suitable candidate for Disembodied Spirit's cruel joke, above.

It is with affection for all of you, and all of our varied tastes even just in Rush music, that I say, "Stick that in your hat and smoke it!"

;)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Wow, BowlCity, isn't your favorite album Counterparts? If you don't mind me saying, I wouldn't talk if I were you. :facepalm: ;)

You know, I thought the same thing when I was writing that post.

Then I didn't care :D Counterparts >>>>> Hold Your Fire :moon:

But Blue J is right. To each their own. I feel bad for you, your Signals is getting pooped on by Geddy and a lot of people in this thread :( I put Signals at #2.

Wow, BowlCity, isn't your favorite album Counterparts? If you don't mind me saying, I wouldn't talk if I were you. :facepalm: ;)

But Blue J is right. To each their own. I feel bad for you, your Signals is getting pooped on by Geddy and a lot of people in this thread :( I put Signals at #2.

Thank you for your sympathy, but since I am a Speed of Love lover, I'm used to getting flack from the unenlightened. ;) ;)

• Like 1

Top 5 is really no surprise at all. I thought he would switch out Rush for power Windows but oh well. I myself would put AFTK nowhere near my top five but that's me

Mine.

1. Hemispheres

2. Permanent Waves

3. Power Windows

4. Signals

5. Caress of Steel

6. Presto

7. Hold Your Fire

8. Moving Pictures

9. Snakes (i know.....i freakin' know lol)

Mick

1. Hemispheres

2. Permanent Waves

3. Moving Pictures

4. 2112

5. A Farewell to Kings

6. Fly By Night

7. Caress of Steel

8. Rush

9. Signals

Geddy's ranking is pretty rank.... I agree with much of this, but I would change a few things... Signals was, at one time, my favorite album.

1. Hemispheres

2. Permanent Waves

3. Moving Pictures

4. 2112

5. A Farewell to Kings

6. Signals

7. Caress of Steel

8. Fly By Night

9. Rush

for me it would be

1. A Farewell to Kings

2. Caress Of Steel

3. 2112

4. Moving Pictures

5. Permanent Waves

6. Hemispheres

7. Signals

8. Fly by Night

9. Rush

• Like 1

Top 5 is really no surprise at all. I thought he would switch out Rush for power Windows but oh well. I myself would put AFTK nowhere near my top five but that's me

Mine.

1. Clockwork Oranges

2. Vapor Trails

3. Power Windows

4. Signals

5. Caress of Steel

6. Presto

7. Hold Your Fire

8. Moving Pictures

Mick

:) ...

My take on it:

1. Hemispheres 11/10

2. Moving Pictures 10/10

3. Permanent Waves 10/10

4. A Farewell to Kings 9.5/10

5. 2112 9.5/10

6. Caress of Steel 9/10

7. Fly By Night 8.5/10

8. Signals 8.5/10

9. Rush 8/10

• Like 1

Mine.

1. Clockwork Oranges

2. Vapor Trails

3. Power Windows

4. Signals

5. Caress of Steel

6. Presto

7. Hold Your Fire

8. Moving Pictures

Mick

:) ...

If you're talking top 2 albums i want to burn in a dumpster fire, lol

Mick

• Like 1

She's lucky Signals beat out the far superior Caress of Steel.