Rush Record Collection

Bigbobby10

old, used copies of everything from the first album to power windows. signals and power windows are in killer shape, the rest look like old records should look. I have 2 copies of 2112, ATWAS, and AFTK for some reason Edited by bathory

I've got them all through GUP. I have two of ATWAS and three of AFTK through MP because I inherited my older brother's lp collection (like most people he's content with digital) and before that I had bought an extra of AFTK through MP so I'd have an unmolested mint copy of each. Only other band I did that with was Tones on Tail; have an unopened copy of The Album Pop as well as its colored vinyl singles -- Lions, Christian Says, and Twist, if I remember right. Rush and Tones on Tail. Seems an odd combo but on the other hand, both Rush and Bauhaus (Tones on Tail's parent band) were dismissed at one time by critics as pretentious and silly, yet both have outlived most of their contemporary critical darling bands.
  • Like 1

I have all the studio 1997 remastered CDs (From RUSH to Snakes & Arrows), and then I also have the 3 sector boxes and the box set called: The Studio Albums 1989-2007.

And then I have two Clockwork Angels CDs. The one you could pre-order, and then also the normal one that you buy in store.

And then I have two of the Moving Picture + DVD

And I have Vapor Trails Remixed

And I have the japanese version of Different Stages

And I have the SACD Presto

And two of the 2112 super deluxe edition (album + bluray + book)

And I have Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour live album

And I have Rush In Rio live album

And I have Snakes & Arrows Live album

And I have Time Machine Tour: Live In Cleveland 2011 album

And I have two bootlegs on CD:

ABC 1974 (recorded 26 August 1974)

Spirit Of The Airwaves (Recorded at some point during Permanent Waves Tour)

And I have Geddy´s solo album My Favorite Headache, and also Alex´s solo album Victor

And then I have these vinyls:

RUSH (x2) (the new released)

ABC 1974 (x2) (bootleg)

Fly By Night (the new released)

Caress Of Steel (from 1975)

2112 (from 1976)

All The World´s A Stage (from 1976)

A Farewell To Kings (from 1977)

Hemispheres (from 1978)

Spirit Of The Airwaves (x2) (bootleg, deluxe edition + normal one)

Moving Pictures (from 1981)

Exit... Stage Left (from 1981)

Signals (from 1982)

Grace Under Pressure (from 1984)

Power Windows (from 1985)

Hold Your Fire (x2) (different years)

Presto (from 1989)

Moving Pictures: Live 2011 (X2)

Vapor Trails Remixed (X2)

Clockwork Angels (X2)

The Garden single (X2)

And these are the videos I have:

Time Machine: Live In Cleveland 2011 (on Bluray)

Snakes & Arrows Live (on Bluray)

R30: 30 Anniversary World Tour (on DVD and Bluray)

Rush In Rio (on DVD)

Rush Chronicles (on DVD)

Working Men (on DVD)

Replay X3 (on DVD) (this is a 3 live dvd set: Exit Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure, A Show Of Hands + Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour on CD)

Beyond The Lighted Stage (on Bluray)

and then I have these special edition stuff:

Clockwork Angels Tour deluxe edition

R40 box set

and then a non official book called Changing Hemispheres (including four DVDs with a bad documentary about Rush)

to be continue.... :P

• Like 2

Zumbi, how is the mastering on the Presto SACD? Does it sound really good?

To be honest, I could not hear any different from it to the one on the Sector box, kinda disappointed...

To be honest, I could not hear any different from it to the one on the Sector box, kinda disappointed...

OK- thank you.

I don't have any of the Sectors sets, so I might be getting those, sometime soon.

Clockwork Angels (X2)

The Garden single (X2)

I'm gonna guess that (X2) means you have two copies of the respective albums on vinyl, correct? Any particular reason as to having two copies of each? Just curious cause I could only fathom that one's strictly for playing purposes and one for displaying purposes.

OK- thank you.

I don't have any of the Sectors sets, so I might be getting those, sometime soon.

oh, you really should get them, they sound great! :o

Clockwork Angels (X2)

The Garden single (X2)

I'm gonna guess that (X2) means you have two copies of the respective albums on vinyl, correct? Any particular reason as to having two copies of each? Just curious cause I could only fathom that one's strictly for playing purposes and one for displaying purposes.

That is correct (X2) means I have two.

I have two because I wanna play one, and one to keep safe, if the first one would break or get a scratch on it, or something like that.

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels (X2)

The Garden single (X2)

I have two because I wanna play one, and one to keep safe, if the first one would break or get a scratch on it, or something like that.

I don't blame you for having a spare copy and I can totally relate. Very early on when I started playing vinyls I wasn't particularly careful when it came to handling vinyl as I am now and as a result there's at least one or two LPs that I've had to retire or stop playing cause I scratched it by accident when lifting up the needle (this was at a time where I was using a cheap turntable also) to the point where it left an unbearable scratchy sound whenever the stylus went over the damaged groove.

Clockwork Angels (X2)

The Garden single (X2)

I don't blame you for having a spare copy and I can totally relate. Very early on when I started playing vinyls I wasn't particularly careful when it came to handling vinyl as I am now and as a result there's at least one or two LPs that I've had to retire or stop playing cause I scratched it by accident when lifting up the needle (this was at a time where I was using a cheap turntable also) to the point where it left an unbearable scratchy sound whenever the stylus went over the damaged groove.

Yeah, and some of the vinyls I have bought, I have not been able to play at all (damaged on different ways). Such as Caress Of Steel, 2112, Signals and Grace Under Pressure.

These vinyls was this damaged when I bought them used, so its not me. I am very careful with my vinyls.

I have been on a quest to acquire all the studio LPs. So far, I have 2112, Permanent Waves, Signals, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Clockwork Angels, Vapor Trails, Grace Under Pressure. With the reissues this year, the older ones will be easier to get. The hard find has been the records from Presto to Test for Echo. Literally impossible to find these and expensive when I do. The hunt has been fun, but I think I will pass out if I ever find a vinyl copy of Presto or Counterparts!!

I have been on a quest to acquire all the studio LPs. So far, I have 2112, Permanent Waves, Signals, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Clockwork Angels, Vapor Trails, Grace Under Pressure. With the reissues this year, the older ones will be easier to get. The hard find has been the records from Presto to Test for Echo. Literally impossible to find these and expensive when I do. The hunt has been fun, but I think I will pass out if I ever find a vinyl copy of Presto or Counterparts!!

Good luck finding Test For Echo...

It does not exist on vinyl...

Vinyl?

ATWAS (2 copies...wore one out)

Caress of Steel

AFTK

Hemispheres (autographed by the band)

PW

MP

ESL

Signals

GUP

PoW

The Big Money EP

Had Archives on 8-track

Then it was cassette

HyF

A Show of Hands

Presto started CD through Clockwork Angels Live. (Got the back catalog at that point...actually ESL was the first CD I ever bought! Presto was the first new disc)

No use for new vinyl...you can't improve on digital....

all the vinyl LPs (including Japanese copies of every title published there)

all the CDs (including Japanese SHM-CDs released)

2112, Signals and Moving Pictures MFSL CDs

Permanent Waves MOFI CD and LP

Roll The Bones 23K Gold CD

Counterparts, Presto and Hemispheres SACDs

all the official video releases but not R40 box