Def Leppard

JohnRogers

I love these guys

Leanne, how much were the tickets for right near the stage?

"Do us a favor. Don't forget us, and we won't forget you!"

I bought my ticket for Friday night from a girl on a Facebook group and it was $175. My seat ticket was more because it was a re-sale and I was lower bowl in the first row (in the $300 range, yikes! But it was totally worth it!). Joe still sounds great live. He takes care of his voice when he's not singing. If he had any off moments, I didn't notice them at all. The only technical thing I noticed was during Saturday's show, they started playing beginning of Too Late and it was quickly switched to Foolin'! Too Late was after Foolin'.

Another quote Joe says is 'We will see you next time, and there will be a next time!'

I absolutely do not mind at all uploading my videos, I'm thrilled you are enjoying them! I got some short videos on Friday night, I didn't get the entire songs because I was on the floor, second row and I'm short so the visual aspect isn't that great! ALSO, there is alot more crowd noise (alot of people saying 'woooooo' and singing). I'm going to jump in the shower and then I'll upload a few!

I heard him say that too!

I liked the LV setting. More intimate than the typical concert arena.

Post whatever you have. I love them!

And I really do appreciate this. :)

• Like 2

You are very welcome! :) I forgot to answer one of your questions, they do play Photograph every show. I got pictures but no video. I'll upload some pics this weekend! I got video of the drum solo (I cut it off maybe 2 seconds before it ended, oops!) and I got full video of Slang.

Slang

Drum Solo (I wasn't sure if I should zoom in or out!)

These are Friday night's videos. It is not the entire song.

Let it Go

Rocket (Part 1)

Rocket (Part 2)

Action

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 3

If anyone has not watched, and listened to Def Leppard's Viva! Hysteria, and There Will Be A Next Time... Live From Detroit, and London to Vegas, they are amazing.
  • Like 2

This has an X or Songs from the Sparkle Lounge vibe to it.

I agree.

“X” happens to be my favourite Def Leppard album, so I’m pleasantly surprised.

Looking for the album to come out.

“Diamond Star Halos”, named after the T Rex song.

I've heard you say that before. I'm actually listening to X as we "speak."

• Like 1

I thought of maybe, saying something about Def Leppard's new upcoming c.d., and album called "Diamond Star Halos". They decided naming that as the title after they got the word phrase lyrics from T. Rex's "Bang A Gong (Get It On)". Cat (Stephen), I don't have, and I'm not able to name my favorite Def Leppard c.d., and album. I like all of them. Yes, I have seen Def Leppard perform in concert. So far, I've seen them two times. When I lived in Gloucester, Ottawa, the first time was in 1988 in Ottawa, on their "Hysteria Tour", and when I lived in Abbotsford, B.C., the second time was in 1996 in Vancouver, on their "Slang Tour". I wondered whether, or not I should buy, and purchase a ticket for their "Stadium Tour" in support of "Diamond Star Halos" in Vancouver on Sept. 2, with Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. If I did, then it would mostly, and mainly be for Def Leppard, and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, what Def Leppard's setlist is, and if Def Leppard, will close the concert.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

I thought of saying something about Def Leppard's new upcoming c.d., and album called "Diamond Star Halos". They decided naming that as the title after they got the word phrase lyrics from T. Rex's "Bang A Gong (Get It On)".

Derek,

What is your favourite Def Leppard album?

Have you ever seen them live in concert?

• Like 1

1648689200[/url'>' post='5003364']
1648238805' post='5001980']
1648237778[/url]' post='5001978']

http://youtu.be/kFIkLxB_grA

This has an X or Songs from the Sparkle Lounge vibe to it.

Ehh, I mean maybe, kind of meh but not terrible.

Jackie, there are many, many threads on this board for people who have horrendous musical taste like you in which you can unburden yourself. This is not one of them.

Def Leppard, has released a second single from their upcoming new c.d., and album "Diamond Star Halos" called "Take What You Want".

• Like 2

Def Leppard, has released a third single from their upcoming new c.d., and album "Diamond Star Halos" called "Fire It Up".  Just like "Let's Go", "Dangerous", and "Man Enough" from their "Def Leppard".  "Diamond Star Halos", will be released next Fri. on May 27.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

The new album is good and enjoyable but not really anything we haven't heard before from them. Longtime fans should enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend a potential new fan to hear it right away though. I'm not sure what Joe was talking about in interviews where he was calling this a landmark album and a quantum leap musically for the band. There's a couple different things going on but it's still 95 percent the Def Leppard we have known for the last 35 years. It's just a little bit lighter because they're older now.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The new album is good and enjoyable but not really anything we haven't heard before from them. Longtime fans should enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend a potential new fan to hear it right away though. I'm not sure what Joe was talking about in interviews where he was calling this a landmark album and a quantum leap musically for the band. There's a couple different things going on but it's still 95 percent the Def Leppard we have known for the last 35 years. It's just a little bit lighter because they're older now.

I'm listening to it now.  I agree.  If you like them, you'll like it.  This isn't 1980s Def Leppard, it's pretty consistent with what they've been doing of late.

There are too few older artists (Maiden, McCartney) who keep turning out new music.  I'm seeing Paul in couple of weeks, and I'm seeing these guys this summer.  I'm sure the setlists will be pretty standard, but I do appreciate artists who at least keep releasing new music, even if they understand that people seeing them live have certain expectations to be met.

• Like 3

I love this band.  I have 4 of their albums.  Got to see them a few years ago.  They still got it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i played it it just sounds like Pyromania/Hysteria part 9,000 if you like that.....as i do......it's a good album it's just Def Leppard being Def leppard.

Mick

I don't think it sounds anywhere close to Pyromania. Maybe I need some new headphones 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, Rick N. Backer said:

I'm listening to it now.  I agree.  If you like them, you'll like it.  This isn't 1980s Def Leppard, it's pretty consistent with what they've been doing of late.

There are too few older artists (Maiden, McCartney) who keep turning out new music.  I'm seeing Paul in couple of weeks, and I'm seeing these guys this summer.  I'm sure the setlists will be pretty standard, but I do appreciate artists who at least keep releasing new music, even if they understand that people seeing them live have certain expectations to be met.

I'm seeing Paul this week. He's actually pretty good at mixing up his setlists. He plays a good amount of later Beatles songs that they never played live, as well as some that John originally sang. He also plays specific songs dedicated to John, Linda, George Harrison, and George Martin.  He has so many songs to choose from. 

9 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I'm seeing Paul this week. He's actually pretty good at mixing up his setlists. He plays a good amount of later Beatles songs that they never played live, as well as some that John originally sang. He also plays specific songs dedicated to John, Linda, George Harrison, and George Martin.  He has so many songs to choose from. 

He does, but there are also a number of songs he HAS to do.  Like I said, I don’t complain about that.  Just because I’ve seen him before doesn’t mean everyone there has.  

• Like 1