Def Leppard

JohnRogers

Why aren't my videos showing up? Did youtube change something?

they blocked def leppard videos after concluding that they suck.

No seriously, they changed something or I'm doing something wrong.

Never mind. I figured it out.

What did you do? I haven't been able to post vids for some time now.
  • Like 1

Lorraine, in Def Leppard's music video "Photograph", when I, and we watch the video, Phil Collen, who plays rhythm guitar, and additional, when Steve Clark, was alive, is on our right, which would be on Joe's left side, and Rick Savage, who plays bass, and Steve Clark, who played lead, and rhythm guitar, and would've still been alive in the band, and group is on our left, which would be on Joe's right side. On Pyromania, Phil Collen, plays the guitar solos on songs one-three, six, seven, and ten. I would say it's Phil Collen. On, and at one minute, and five seconds in the music video, it shows Rick Savage's bass guitar, and him playing a chord, too. Afterwards, I don't know if you did realize that, too. Instead of having to make additional posts, any posts can be "Edit" before twelve hours. It would save having to post additional ones. For the help, Lorraine, you are welcome. I'm trying to. Rick, she asked me, and thank you, for giving your little bit of information, which I knew, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Lorraine, in Def Leppard's music video "Photograph", when I, and we watch the video, Phil Collen, who plays rhythm guitar, and additional, when Steve Clark, was alive, is on our right, which would be on Joe's left side, and Rick Savage, who plays bass, and Steve Clark, who played lead guitar, and would've still been alive in the band, and group is on our left, which would be on Joe's right side. Afterwards, I don't know if you did realize that, too. Instead of having to make additional posts, any posts can be "Edit" before twelve hours. It would save having to post additional ones.

Thank you, Derek, for the tip. I thought of that after the fact and it was already too late.

Thanks for the line-up info too. Do you know who is playing that guitar part in the song?

Why aren't my videos showing up? Did youtube change something?

they blocked def leppard videos after concluding that they suck.

No seriously, they changed something or I'm doing something wrong.

Never mind. I figured it out.

What did you do? I haven't been able to post vids for some time now.

Goose, I watched a 1-minute tutorial. :LOL:

Under the video to the right is a thing that says "Share" - click that and copy the whatever it's called - url? - and paste it here without the "s" after the http. That's what I did and it worked. I used to just right click over the video and then click the first option, come back here and paste it, but for whatever reason, that no longer works.

EDIT: I can't get that to work this morning. Not sure what's going on with youtube now.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Lorraine, in Def Leppard's music video "Photograph", when I, and we watch the video, Phil Collen, who plays rhythm guitar, and additional, when Steve Clark, was alive, is on our right, which would be on Joe's left side, and Rick Savage, who plays bass, and Steve Clark, who played lead guitar, and would've still been alive in the band, and group is on our left, which would be on Joe's right side. Afterwards, I don't know if you did realize that, too. Instead of having to make additional posts, any posts can be "Edit" before twelve hours. It would save having to post additional ones.

Thank you, Derek, for the tip. I thought of that after the fact and it was already too late.

Thanks for the line-up info too. Do you know who is playing that guitar part in the song?

Phil Collen is playing the Ibanez and wearing the leather jacket. He plays the solo. Steve Clark is playing the Les Paul. Actually, the "rhythm" playing during the song is Clark and Pete Willis, who was fired during the recording sessions.

• Like 1

Phil Collen is playing the Ibanez and wearing the leather jacket. He plays the solo. Steve Clark is playing the Les Paul. Actually, the "rhythm" playing during the song is Clark and Pete Willis, who was fired during the recording sessions.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same part.

I'm asking who is playing the same notes over and over throughout most of the song. It's not the lead guitar with the piercing sound.

In the video, the part starts at about 1:04 into the song. It's a melodic guitar part that keeps playing the same few notes over and over. When you hear it, you'll know what I am talking about.

Edited by Lorraine

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same part.

I'm asking who is playing the same notes over and over throughout most of the song. It's not the lead guitar with the piercing sound.

In the video, the part starts at about 1:04 into the song. It's a melodic guitar part that keeps playing the same few notes over and over. When you hear it, you'll know what I am talking about.

Sorry I don't hear it. But it's either Willis or Clark.

I'm not overly familiar with DL. I really like Pyromania and Hysteria though. I think an album they did a while back called Songs from the sparkle lounge or something like that was pretty good too. Not as good as the two previously mentioned ones but still decent enough if I remember right.
  • Like 1

New, Def Leppard, do have one of their studio c.ds, and albums called "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge".

I'm not overly familiar with DL. I really like Pyromania and Hysteria though. I think an album they did a while back called Songs from the sparkle lounge or something like that was pretty good too. Not as good as the two previously mentioned ones but still decent enough if I remember right.

New, Def Leppard, do have one of their studio c.ds, and albums called "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge".

You should give their self titled album a listen it came out four or five years ago and is their most recent. It's pretty good and much better than Sparkle Lounge.

• Like 1

I saw them last summer for the first time since the Pyromania tour. They killed it.

Their live sound is phenomenal. One of the best I've ever heard. Yeah, it's easy for a band to sound good live when the set is mainly made up of songs they've been playing for 30 plus years but I've seen them six times and there were never any issues. Flawless production every time.

• Like 2

Even though, and if Def Leppard has the same setlist for a certain amount of years, they have been a band, and group, who always can be relied for putting on concerts worth people's money. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

I saw them last summer for the first time since the Pyromania tour. They killed it.

Their live sound is phenomenal. One of the best I've ever heard. Yeah, it's easy for a band to sound good live when the set is mainly made up of songs they've been playing for 30 plus years but I've seen them six times and there were never any issues. Flawless production every time.

They are still GREAT LIVE!!!

I saw them last summer with my dad of course!

I think I wrote about it. But man they killed it at the then AT&T Park in SF. Fuckking Journey with that internet poser singing on vocals headlined. Pure shite. Def Leppard should have headlined.

Dad and I left after the fourth Journey song. Junkey LOL

Even though, and if Def Leppard has the same setlist for a certain amount of years, they have been a band, and group, who always can be relied for putting on concerts worth people's money.

I love "Bringin' On" followed by "Switch 625" every time.

Of course I wish they would play "High N Dry" all they way through but Joe would have to bring a new younger Joe on the road.

• Like 2

I would like to see, and hear them perform "Rocket" the c.d., and album version from "Hysteria", "White Lightning" from "Adrenalize" back-to-back, which is, and would be similar to them performing "Gods of War", and "Die Hard the Hunter" back-to-back on their "Hysteria Tour", instead of them performing "Let's Get Rocked", now, "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad?", "Love Don't Lie" from "X", "Go" from "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge", and take out "Rock On" from "Yeah" to have no cover songs in their setlist. For a more baIanced setlist, I want them to switch, and change their setlist to recognize by having other songs from some of their other studio c.ds, and albums, which weren't performed before, or not performed much instead of having half of their setlist consisting "Hysteria".

I would like to see, and hear them perform "Rocket" the c.d., and album version from "Hysteria", "White Lightning" from "Adrenalize" back-to-back, which is, and would be similar to them performing "Gods of War", and "Die Hard the Hunter" back-to-back on their "Hysteria Tour", instead of them performing "Let's Get Rocked", now, "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad?", "Love Don't Lie" from "X", "Go" from "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge", and take out "Rock On" from "Yeah" to have no cover songs in their setlist. For a more baIanced setlist, I want them to switch, and change their setlist to recognize by having other songs from some of their other studio c.ds, and albums, which weren't performed before, or not performed much instead of having half of their setlist consisting "Hysteria".

The problem they have with their setlists is that they have so many huge hits that everyone is there to hear there's no way to work that many deep cuts or rarities into it. Their hits weren't just some tunes that were huge at the time and radio and the people kind of forgot about them. Their hits were massive back then and are still huge today. If they drop any of those songs, the set just wouldn't look or sound right. Sometimes they don't play Women. But any Leppard set without Rocket, Animal, Love Bites, Sugar, Armageddon It, Hysteria, Photograph, Foolin or Rock Of Ages would feel like it was missing something.

It's too bad that they have so many hits that they can't avoid playing because the band does have some decent song quality depth. They could certainly pull out some different songs and still put on a great show but the hits are just too well known to ignore.

A few months back AXS TV showed a concert from Pine Knob North of Detroit. Every song kicked ass.

Even the ending killed: "Until next time, and there will be a next time."

• Like 1

When, and if a person, and people listen to them, they do have, and are known as a band, and group, who has a vast catalogue of not just for their hits. They did release a live c.d., and d.v.d. called "and There Will Be A Next Time...Live From Detroit", which is, and was based from their latest c.d., and album "Def Leppard". Edited by Derek19

The above posted video from Youtube is from "In the Round, In Your Face", but it isn't all of the concert, though, which is, and was during their "Hysteria World Tour", while they were promoting "Hysteria". I had it on v.h.s., and bought, and own that on d.v.d., too, which I've watched, and reminded me of how good the concert was from seeing it in person in Ottawa. Edited by Derek19

Check this out from their heyday. :) You're only young once. Cherish each moment. It passes quickly.

http://youtu.be/JR3LDoeKipE

Can those here who went to see them in the 80's tell me what it was like?

They have such an energy - it even comes through in a video.

Oh why, oh why didn't I ever go see a band like this instead of duds like U2???????? The decisions we make when we make them - too bad we don't record for prosterity what led up to them. I would have had quite a time at one of their concerts. :dweez:

Edited by Lorraine

Check this out from their heyday. :) You're only young once. Cherish each moment. It passes quickly.

http://youtu.be/JR3LDoeKipE

Can those here who went to see them in the 80's tell me what it was like?

They have such an energy - it even comes through in a video.

Oh why, oh why didn't I ever go see a band like this instead of duds like U2???????? The decisions we make when we make them - too bad we don't record for prosterity what led up to them. I would have had quite a time at one of their concerts. :dweez:

I have a bootleg of that show. Phenomenal.

The Pyromania tour was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen.