Def Leppard

JohnRogers

He could have so easily just given up. I think most people would have.

And his band mates are to be just as respected for not giving him the heave-ho.

Yeah, how many times do we hear about someone getting canned from a band due to musical differences or band infighting? The guy lost an arm and the rest of the band stood by him. That no doubt was a huge help in Rick wanting to continue.

• Like 4

I think Joe, is, and has been sounding really good, and with the rest of the band, and group, is the same, too.
  • Like 1

You can tell the boys in the band are slowing down. They inked a residency deal with Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Aug 14- Sept 7th.

My dad wants to go! LOL! So we will hit up a show this summer.

Earl, I thought of you when I saw they're going to be in Las Vegas. Glad to hear you're going.

Thanks Lorraine! Kind of funny, my 81 year young dad love Def Leppard more than I do these days, but yes they are still great live!!!

I've heard a rumor that they are going to play "Pyromania" all the way through. I hope!!!

Oh God no! Joe is going to need a vocal chord transplant by the time they're done playing Stagefright if they do that.

Hahaha! His vocal chords already suffer from "Stagefright!"

I'm sure they will lip synch it in. Thanks cutting edge technology! LOL!

I saw KISS in Sac and in Vegas. Paul sounded strained and great!

Unless you can convince me they lip synch raspy ass vocals.

PAUL RULES!

DEF LEPPARD ONCE RULED!

They kept Rick on the drums which I find totally admirable, but hey I would fire Joe and find some young dude who can sing just like him and do "HIGH N DRY" all they way through!

One of the greatest rock records on the planet.

I remember reading reviews that Def Leppard wanted to rip off AC/DC.

FUKK THAT!

"High N Dry" blows every BJ ACDC album away!

I'd bring up album sales, but I don't want to re-trigger ReRushed.
  • Like 1

Here's Brian May's :wub: intro:

http://youtu.be/NyjEswVBCLo

EDIT: If you can find one from the official recording, please post it. I could only find two, and this is the better one, and it is hard to hear in parts. Brian is very funny.

Wow!

I'm listening to "Adrenalize" right now. I think it's better than "Hysteria."

Signed,

"White Lightning"

I'm glad people on here love me and hate me.

No in between. LOVE IT!!!!

I will never change!

"BETWEEN THE WHEELS!"

• Like 1

Def Leppard is a killer band. They embraced pop brilliantly using Bowie and Queen (and 70s glitter rock) as a sort of foundation.

Hysteria is brilliant. Listened to the whole thing yesterday. They were going for a certain super polished sound. Nothings sounds like Hysteria - a beautiful work of Mutt Lange.

Also good: their last, self titled album.

• Like 2

Here's Brian May's :wub: intro:

http://youtu.be/NyjEswVBCLo

EDIT: If you can find one from the official recording, please post it. I could only find two, and this is the better one, and it is hard to hear in parts. Brian is very funny.

Wow!

I'm listening to "Adrenalize" right now. I think it's better than "Hysteria."

Signed,

"White Lightning"

I'm glad people on here love me and hate me.

No in between. LOVE IT!!!!

I will never change!

"BETWEEN THE WHEELS!"

Earl, are you going to see them in Las Vegas?

Can someone point me to the part where the rhythm guitar starts in this song so I know that what I think it is in fact is? I hope that made sense.

The rhythm guitar opens the song. More often than not the main riff is played by the rhythm guitarists if there's more than one guitar player.

• Like 1

Can someone point me to the part where the rhythm guitar starts in this song so I know that what I think it is in fact is? I hope that made sense.

The rhythm guitar opens the song. More often than not the main riff is played by the rhythm guitarists if there's more than one guitar player.

Thank you. Then what is it that comes in at 1:05?

I'm not sure who plays that part could be one or both guys. Would watching a live video give you a better idea of who plays it?

I'm not sure who plays that part could be one or both guys. Would watching a live video give you a better idea of who plays it?

I think it's the blond guy. I'll find one and watch and let you know.

Of course i was wrong. I think it's the guy to the far right of Joe. The video is marked and will take you right to the part.

At least it looks like it's him from what he's doing with his hand on the neck.

Edited by Lorraine

Why aren't my videos showing up? Did youtube change something?

they blocked def leppard videos after concluding that they suck.

No seriously, they changed something or I'm doing something wrong.

Never mind. I figured it out.

Edited by Lorraine

Initially back then, I was only aware of Def Leppard from the Hysteria album that my younger brother used to own on cassette.

I also heard the singles from Hysteria on the radio a lot.

Then later on I heard 'Photograph', 'Foolin', and 'Rock of Ages', etc. on classic rock stations.

I first heard Mariah Carey's cover of 'Bringin' On the Heartbreak' while browsing MuchMusic's video channel before hearing the band's original rendition.