Def Leppard

JohnRogers

Download all of the Def Leppard catalog NOW! There is a rare 1979 ep on there too! Also "The Lost Session" is an excessive only for iTunes. A lost 2006 session.

I only downloaded everything from Adrenalize back to the ep. "Euphoria" isn't bad but meh.

"Exclusive"

"On Through The Night" and High N Dry are masterpieces!!!!

Somebody should tell the band that. All signs indicate that they are not aware of this.

• Like 2

Download all of the Def Leppard catalog NOW! There is a rare 1979 ep on there too! Also "The Lost Session" is an excessive only for iTunes. A lost 2006 session.

I only downloaded everything from Adrenalize back to the ep. "Euphoria" isn't bad but meh.

"Exclusive"

"On Through The Night" and High N Dry are masterpieces!!!!

Somebody should tell the band that. All signs indicate that they are not aware of this.

It makes me so mad J!

The band was born from the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal and now all I hear is how Joe Blow is telling everyone that he always wanted to be in a fuckking glam band.

Jesus.

Leave that to the greatness of Bowie, New York Dolls, T Rex The Sweet, and Slade.

I am sure Joe can't sing anything off the first two records anymore. UGH!

I'm just praying for "Wasted" this summer!

Could you imagine if they ever did "The Overture?"

I would shit gold bricks for everyone that night! LOL!

An epic prog rock masterpiece!

Did you download the 1979 Def Leppard EP yet on your phone?

Holy Shit! The demo is so amazing! RAW AND HEAVY!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Did anyone see them on the tour?

I didn't see them on their most recent one with Jouney but I have seen them six times between 1993 and 2011. They always put on a great show. Still hear good reviews about them live now even though Joe struggles to sing the Pyromania material. But he's had problems with that for the last 15 years or so.

Joe is/was a heavy smoker. That certainly hasn't helped his voice.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

So sad.

Joe has been singing the song like that for a while now. He can't come close to that high pitch scream anymore. So he does this weak falsetto instead. Unfortunately, this isn't a song they can drop from the set. It's just too popular.

• Like 1

Joe has been singing the song like that for a while now. He can't come close to that high pitch scream anymore. So he does this weak falsetto instead. Unfortunately, this isn't a song they can drop from the set. It's just too popular.

Do you happen to know when he stopped being able to sing it? I'm asking because I'm curious as to how long his voice lasted.

Def Leppard deserve more respect. I don’t ever get tired of hearing them on the radio, and they have half a dozen songs that get play all the time. Really great songwriters and performers.
  • Like 3

Def Leppard deserve more respect. I don’t ever get tired of hearing them on the radio, and they have half a dozen songs that get play all the time. Really great songwriters and performers.

I've never seen them, but do agree that they were good songwriters.

• Like 1

These old rockers have a lot of my respect. All they ever wanted to do was play music, and most of them became chattel and commodities of music executives who forced them to churn out album after album and tour and tour and tour. It must have disillusioned the best of them. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Do you happen to know when he stopped being able to sing it? I'm asking because I'm curious as to how long his voice lasted.

Not sure. Maybe in the early 2000s? I think Joe pushed his voice too hard on High n Dry and Pyromania. It wasn't his natural rage. The way his voice is from Hysteria onward is what he's obviously most comfortable with.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

You can tell the boys in the band are slowing down. They inked a residency deal with Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Aug 14- Sept 7th.

My dad wants to go! LOL! So we will hit up a show this summer.

Earl, I thought of you when I saw they're going to be in Las Vegas. Glad to hear you're going.

• Like 1

This is their second Vegas residency I believe. I remember them doing one a few years ago. The first half of the set was always filled with songs they rarely play. Then after an intermission they would play all of Hysteria. They released a live album for it.
  • Like 3

I'm going to Vegas to see them the last 2 shows of the residency (Sept 6th and 7th), I'm excited!! :)

Viva Hysteria was the residency they did back in 2013. The opening band was called Ded Flatbird (which was the band themselves) playing alot of songs they don't normally play. I have the DVD and its awesome!

They have been doing interviews lately and saying they will play the hits and they are going to play the songs they don't normally play. Sounds like they will be switching up the setlist which is GREAT!

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

Did anyone see them on the tour?

No, Lorraine, I didn't see "Def Leppard" in concert in person on their co-headlining tour, with Journey. I've seen them in concert in person two times. The first time was when I lived in Ottawa, on June 13, 1988 on their "Hysteria World Tour", while promoting their "Hysteria" c.d., and album. I thought they sounded, and were great. The second time was when I lived in Abbotsford, on September 3, 1996 on their "Slang World Tour", while promoting their "Slang" c.d., and album. I thought it was good, and different. I've liked them a lot.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

You can tell the boys in the band are slowing down. They inked a residency deal with Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Aug 14- Sept 7th.

Earl, I thought of you when I saw they're going to be in Las Vegas. Glad to hear you're going.

Thanks Lorraine! Kind of funny, my 81 year young dad love Def Leppard more than I do these days, but yes they are still great live!!!

I've heard a rumor that they are going to play "Pyromania" all the way through. I hope!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Lorraine! Kind of funny, my 81 year young dad love Def Leppard more than I do these days, but yes they are still great live!!!

I've heard a rumor that they are going to play "Pyromania" all the way through. I hope!!!

Oh God no! Joe is going to need a vocal chord transplant by the time they're done playing Stagefright if they do that.

• Like 1

Oh God no! Joe is going to need a vocal chord transplant by the time they're done playing Stagefright if they do that.

Hahaha! His vocal chords already suffer from "Stagefright!"

I'm sure they will lip synch it in. Thanks cutting edge technology! LOL!

I saw KISS in Sac and in Vegas. Paul sounded strained and great!

Unless you can convince me they lip synch raspy ass vocals.

PAUL RULES!

DEF LEPPARD ONCE RULED!

They kept Rick on the drums which I find totally admirable, but hey I would fire Joe and find some young dude who can sing just like him and do "HIGH N DRY" all they way through!

One of the greatest rock records on the planet.

I remember reading reviews that Def Leppard wanted to rip off AC/DC.

FUKK THAT!

"High N Dry" blows every BJ ACDC album away!

Come back to this thread Earl and let me know how they were.

• Like 1

I sure will Lorraine.

You know I took my dad to see Foreigner open for Def Leppard last summer. Journey was the headliner which I thought was awful.

Def Leppard was AMAZING! I know people rip on Joe's voice but it is what it is. A great live show!!

As for Journey with that Arenel fella, YUCK! He is a horrible front man but it's a good story for his pocketbook.

Dad and I left the Journey show after "Lights." So boring and so awful. Steve Smith is a skeleton of his old drumming jazz self.

They really need to fire Arnel and Steve Smith and just put Deen back in the band on drums and vocals.

Def Leppard still has it. I don't think Phil will ever age thanks to all that baby oil he rubs all over his torso. WTF?

• Like 2

I sure will Lorraine.

You know I took my dad to see Foreigner open for Def Leppard last summer. Journey was the headliner which I thought was awful.

Def Leppard was AMAZING! I know people rip on Joe's voice but it is what it is. A great live show!!

As for Journey with that Arenel fella, YUCK! He is a horrible front man but it's a good story for his pocketbook.

Dad and I left the Journey show after "Lights." So boring and so awful. Steve Smith is a skeleton of his old drumming jazz self.

They really need to fire Arnel and Steve Smith and just put Deen back in the band on drums and vocals.

Def Leppard still has it. I don't think Phil will ever age thanks to all that baby oil he rubs all over his torso. WTF?

Their drummer is one that is to be admired. How many would have just wound up either drugging themselves to death or just suiciding themselves after losing an arm - an arm used to drum in a band that had just made it hugely big????

But he proved that where there is a will, there is always a way, and he can drum with one arm as well as two.

He truly has my complete and absolute respect and admiration.

• Like 4

I sure will Lorraine.

Their drummer is one that is to be admired. How many would have just wound up either drugging themselves to death or just suiciding themselves after losing an arm - an arm used to drum in a band that had just made it hugely big????

But he proved that where there is a will, there is always a way, and he can drum with one arm as well as two.

I agree about Rick Allen. The fact that the band just didn't kick him to the curb. He's like a family member to them.

As a drummer I absolutely HATED the drum triggers and electronic pads on "Hysteria" but the design was brilliant and thanks to technology today his kit does sound more organic to the ear.

• Like 2

I sure will Lorraine.

I agree about Rick Allen. The fact that the band just didn't kick him to the curb. He's like a family member to them.

As a drummer I absolutely HATED the drum triggers and electronic pads on "Hysteria" but the design was brilliant and thanks to technology today his kit does sound more organic to the ear.

That drum kit fit the 80s very well though. I think it was on Slang in 1996 that he got back to using a more regular kind of drum set. Still has all those pedals though. He can't get rid of those with only one arm. A very inspirational person for sure. I can't say I've ever heard on anyone else being a successful one armed drummer.

• Like 1