Def Leppard

JohnRogers

Is it true that Joe Elliott is transitioning to a woman, or was someone pulling my leg?

Wow.. Guess he wasn't 'Man Enough' and wants to be one of the 'Women' :/

https://www.ncscooper.com/def-leppard-singer-joe-elliott-reportedly-transitioning/

That link is obviously a joke article. If Joe had made it known he was doing that the news would spread very quickly. When you do a search on his name nothing about a sex change comes up. I think they're just having some fun since he's had a woman's hair style for like 15 years now. Seriously, how has somebody not told him to change that terrible hair by now? If he can still grow and maintain his hair I say bring back the 80s mullet.

Touring with Journey this summer. They'll be playing mainly arenas it looks like and some stadiums?

http://www.defleppard.com/tour/

May 21 - Hartford, CT - XL Center

May 23 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center

May 25 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

May 26 - Buffalo, NY - KeyBank Center

May 28 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

May 30 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena

Jun. 01 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

Jun. 02 - Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena

Jun. 05 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Jun. 06 - Knoxville, TN - Thompson-Boling Arena

Jun. 08 - Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube Live

Jun. 09 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

Jun. 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

Jun. 13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

Jun. 15 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

Jun. 16 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena

Jul. 01 - Atlanta, GA - SunTrust Park

Jul. 03 - Indianapolis, IN - Ruoff Home Mortgage Pavilion

Jul. 04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Jul. 06 - Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum

Jul. 07 - Little Rock, AR - Verizon Arena

Jul. 09 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

Jul. 11 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center

Jul. 13 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

Jul. 14 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

Jul. 16 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena

Jul. 18 - Sioux Falls, SD - Denny Sanford PREMIER Center

Jul. 19 - Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena

Jul. 21 - Denver, CO - Coors Field

Jul. 23 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena

Jul. 25 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

Jul. 27 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Field

Jul. 28 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome

Aug. 11 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

Aug. 13 - Virginia Beach, VA - Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater

Aug. 15 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena

Aug. 17 - Ft Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center

Aug. 18 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena

Aug. 20 - Birmingham, AL - Legacy Arena @ The BJCC

Aug. 22 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

Aug. 24 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

Aug. 25 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena

Aug. 27 - New Orleans, LA - Smoothie King Center

Aug. 29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Aug. 31 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Sep. 01 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Sep. 05 - Albuquerque, NM - Isleta Amphitheatre

Sep. 07 - Phoenix, AZ - Talking Stick Resort Arena

Sep. 08 - Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena

Sep. 21 - San Francisco, CA - AT&T Park

Sep. 23 - San Diego, CA - Petco Park

Sep. 25 - Salt Lake City, UT - Vivint Smart Home Arena

Sep. 26 - Nampa, ID - Idaho Center Arena

Sep. 28 - Portland, OR - Moda Center

Sep. 29 - Seattle, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Oct. 01 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

Oct. 04 - Sacramento, CA - Golden 1 Center

Oct. 06 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

• Like 1

About time they got with it when it comes to that. One of the the last big name holdouts to not have their music on streaming services. Once AC/DC gave in a few years ago everyone else should have followed immediately.

• Like 1

About time they got with it when it comes to that. One of the the last big name holdouts to not have their music on streaming services. Once AC/DC gave in a few years ago everyone else should have followed immediately.

Don’t count on it with Tool. There will be a new album before Maynard gives in.

• Like 1

I've still never checked out most of the first album, but I like most of High 'n' Dry and Pyromania, and I do like the majority of Hysteria, although I hope I never hear Pour Some Sugar On Me ever again.

IMO their first two albums are the best.

• Like 3

They are touring with Journey this summer. My wife wants to see Journey. Hopefully Def Leppard goes on last, then we can leave early to beat the traffic.
  • Like 1

There was talk of them doing Hysteria in its entirety on the upcoming tour...

...I like for that to come to fruition.

Yes that would be awesome! They are playing the album in full during the UK/Ireland tour and somebody asked Joe yesterday if they were going to play it in US and he said 'Yes, Stay Tuned'.

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

Yes that would be awesome! They are playing the album in full during the UK/Ireland tour and somebody asked Joe yesterday if they were going to play it in US and he said 'Yes, Stay Tuned'.

Sweet!

I just got an email from the Def Leppard camp. Touring with Journey. They are here on Sept 21. Crazy as The Eagles are playing here on Sep 20. Both at AT&T Park.

That's one hell of a small window to take down a stage system and then build another one within 24 hours!

If Def Leppard plays "Hysteria" I'm going. Hell my 80 year young dad loves them!

• Like 3

Download all of the Def Leppard catalog NOW! There is a rare 1979 ep on there too! Also "The Lost Session" is an excessive only for iTunes. A lost 2006 session.

I only downloaded everything from Adrenalize back to the ep. "Euphoria" isn't bad but meh.

• Like 2

Too bad Lep has so many huge hits that are pretty much must play live. They actually have decent song depth and there are a bunch of songs that will never or rarely see it's way into the set anymore. I get it though. A lot of those songs were just too big not to play all the time.
  • Like 2

My dorm at college puts on this music and satire show every year which is coming up, so naturally I auditioned for the music part of it, and this year I got in and got placed to sing Pour Some Sugar On Me each night!

I have a couple reservations about my range when it comes to this song, but overall I'm happy to be singing such a classic. Probably the first Def Leppard song I heard and knew it was by them, and of course one of those great songs that was part of the first batch of music that got me into, well, music. I know it's not really their best (or, ahem, deepest) song, but the riff is undeniable and the charisma is excellent. Glad Def are on Spotify now so I can listen to the song as I practice for the show.

• Like 1

My dorm at college puts on this music and satire show every year which is coming up, so naturally I auditioned for the music part of it, and this year I got in and got placed to sing Pour Some Sugar On Me each night!

I have a couple reservations about my range when it comes to this song, but overall I'm happy to be singing such a classic. Probably the first Def Leppard song I heard and knew it was by them, and of course one of those great songs that was part of the first batch of music that got me into, well, music. I know it's not really their best (or, ahem, deepest) song, but the riff is undeniable and the charisma is excellent. Glad Def are on Spotify now so I can listen to the song as I practice for the show.

I think getting some of the nonsensical lyrics in the song correct is a bigger concern than whether or not it's in your singing range. Over 30 years later and I still don't think I know all the correct lyrics.

Joe's voice on that song really isn't that difficult to pull off. At least they didn't ask you to sing Foolin' or something else off Pyromania.

• Like 1

I think getting some of the nonsensical lyrics in the song correct is a bigger concern than whether or not it's in your singing range. Over 30 years later and I still don't think I know all the correct lyrics.

Joe's voice on that song really isn't that difficult to pull off. At least they didn't ask you to sing Foolin' or something else off Pyromania.

Yeah, I think I can hit most of the higher notes in this one, but I've tried Fooling' once or twice and...dang, no way I could do that, lol.

And yeah, I've got the lyrics up as a tab on my laptop indefinitely till I get them down.

Download all of the Def Leppard catalog NOW! There is a rare 1979 ep on there too! Also "The Lost Session" is an excessive only for iTunes. A lost 2006 session.

I only downloaded everything from Adrenalize back to the ep. "Euphoria" isn't bad but meh.

"Exclusive"

"On Through The Night" and High N Dry are masterpieces!!!!

• Like 1