Your Favorite Rush Set-list from past Tours?

BlairC45

What i never realized till i started listening to boots was just how much Time stand Still was played before it was dropped for a while with T4E tour. Just an observation but it was a pleasant surprise. As i love that song.

Mick

• Like 1

What i never realized till i started listening to boots was just how much Time stand Still was played before it was dropped for a while with T4E tour. Just an observation but it was a pleasant surprise. As i love that song.

Mick

Maybe they'll bring it back for this Tour, who knows?

• Like 1

Got to be the Power Windows tour. Anybody have a link to that set list?

The Spirit of Radio (with "Three Stooges theme" intro)

Limelight

The Big Money

New World Man (dropped sometime after 4/22/86)

Subdivisions

Manhattan Project

Middletown Dreams

Witch Hunt (not played opening night, added 12/5/85 following Territories & The Weapon, would move to follow Middletown Dreams beginning 12/12/85)

Red Sector A

Closer To The Heart

Marathon

The Trees

Mystic Rhythms

Distant Early Warning

Territories

(The Weapon, only played first two nights)

YYZ

Drum Solo

Red Lenses

Tom Sawyer

Encore: 2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)

Grand Designs

In The Mood

I absolutely love the song but Grand Designs sucks as an encore tune.

• Like 1

Mick

Or maybe play Open Secrets instead.

• Like 1

Mick

Or maybe play Open Secrets instead.

I would love to hear Open Secrets :)

What i never realized till i started listening to boots was just how much Time stand Still was played before it was dropped...

I came to expect it and hope it makes the R40 cut.

• Like 1

For me , nothing beats the "Permanent Waves" tour setlist. Although the Cygnus songs were abbreviated , you got "Natural Science" , "Jacob's Ladder" and the almost full "2112" song in there. Can't be more epic than that. I dream that somewhere there is a pro shot Permanent Waves tour video that will see the light of day.
  • Like 1

• My first RUSH concert was 1980 Los Angeles. With only seven records out, their setlist was kind of like a YES setlist from a few years back. I wish there was good quality video for 1980.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1980/the-forum-inglewood-ca-4bd7d30a.html

Edited by Self-Indulgence

Rush In Rio, while doesn't have amazing sound, has a damn awesome setlist. I mean, come on, Ceiling Unlimited was played once a while, and Between Sun & Moon + Vital Signs got played.
  • Like 2

Might add I love T4E set as well. I like the album much more than most plus 2112 in its entirety.

That was a fantastic setlist, and the first if the "Evening with..." format. RUSH really delivered on the T4E, VT and Time Machine tours. IMO, S&A was weighed down by the long stretch of new material that seemed to suck the area out of both shows I saw. When Subdivisions followed those songs and the crowds seemed to erupt in a collective "Thank God!". :LOL:

I did get to see them front row on S&A, which was epic. Digital man - EntreNous - Mission - Freewill was a great run of songs.

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Might add I love T4E set as well. I like the album much more than most plus 2112 in its entirety.

That was a fantastic setlist, and the first if the "Evening with..." format. RUSH really delivered on the T4E, VT and Time Machine tours. IMO, S&A was weighed down by the long stretch of new material that seemed to suck the area out of both shows I saw. When Subdivisions followed those songs and the crowds seemed to erupt in a collective "Thank God!". :LOL:

I did get to see them front row on S&A, which was epic. Digital man - EntreNous - Mission - Freewill was a great run of songs.

Because of those various factors, I hold T4E very very high on the list...

• Like 3

IMO, S&A was weighed down by the long stretch of new material that seemed to suck the area out of both shows I saw. When Subdivisions followed those songs and the crowds seemed to erupt in a collective "Thank God!". :LOL:

Wow, all of that preaching by Neil not only didn't seem to get through, but actually had the opposite effect of his intentions. ;)

• Like 1

IMO, S&A was weighed down by the long stretch of new material that seemed to suck the area out of both shows I saw. When Subdivisions followed those songs and the crowds seemed to erupt in a collective "Thank God!". :LOL:

Wow, all of that preaching by Neil not only didn't seem to get through, but actually had the opposite effect of his intentions. ;)

To me, the lyrics on Snakes were fine, but they really needed to change tempos on some of the songs, or at least trim the album by a few. Do that, and you probs got one of the best Rush albums post-HYF.

Why such different fortunes and fates?

Some are blessed and some are cursed

Some live behind iron gates

While others see only the worst

Neil demonstrating more of a real life world view.

• Like 1

To me, the lyrics on Snakes were fine, but they really needed to change tempos on some of the songs, or at least trim the album by a few. Do that, and you probs got one of the best Rush albums post-HYF.

As an EP with Far Cry and the instrumentals it would have moved up to 19th by itself from T19 (18 if you don't count Feedback.)

• Like 1

Signals, definitely. I was 7 years old and wouldn't discover them for nine more years.

But every one is a winner on this list.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/rush-13d6dd1d.html?year=1982

R30 looked pretty good too. Sorry that I skipped it.

My last show, on S & A, they sounded great, but it was outside, in the daylight, and with 7 new S & A songs in a row, which kind of killed it for everybody.

• Like 1