Babies?

Disk98

Just politely say no, and briefly explain to her why she should'nt. Maybe there's is an alternative way by maybe some one else baby-sitting the baby while she's at the concert??

I wouldn't bring a baby to a concert in a million years. Other than the sound factor, there are a lot of factors to consider. Lots of people, general rowdiness, arena setting with lots of stairs..etc. I just wouldn't.

Dude in 2112 painted denim jacket offering to shot gun a joint with you while you're holding the baby. ;)

I wouldn't bring a baby to a concert in a million years. Other than the sound factor, there are a lot of factors to consider. Lots of people, general rowdiness, arena setting with lots of stairs..etc. I just wouldn't.

Dude in 2112 painted denim jacket offering to shot gun a joint with you while you're holding the baby. ;)

I wouldn't put it past some people.

That is absolutely nuts! By all means no! Lock her (not the baby) in the basement or a room with no windows if you need to. When you know the harm that can be done to the baby, you have a moral obligation to prevent that from happening.

Oh, and on a side note: :wtf:

Ridiculous idea. Audio damage notwithstanding, concert air is far too toxic for newborns. Not even considering weed, cigarettes, vape, and assorted other concert favors, the amount of germs and potential infections alone floating around a 20k strong audience is reason enough to not bring any children under the age of 10 to any kind of hard rock show. Edited by Van Squalen

Thanks for agreeing with me, you guys. I'm not with my stepmother at the moment, but I'm going to try to do what JohnRogers told me when I get home. Hopefully she'll come to her senses (I said with as much respect as I could).
  • Like 1

When we chose to become parents, we chose to make certain sacrifices. I went to 6 shows over 5 albums between 1984-1992. The last show I attended was when my wife was pregnant with our oldest. For CA, I was able to get tickets from a co-worker and was able to bring my middle child (he was 17).

I desperately want to take my oldest to the Bewark show, but with 2 kids in college and my youngest heading there this fall, I probably won't be able to afford to. I'm at peace with that because I'm a parent first, Rush fan some steps later.....

This^^^. I never went to a show from 87' to 02' for this very reason. Was busy doing things more important.... :codger:

What's this Narpski ! you can change your username without losing your post count... :unsure: Edited by RUDT

When we chose to become parents, we chose to make certain sacrifices. I went to 6 shows over 5 albums between 1984-1992. The last show I attended was when my wife was pregnant with our oldest. For CA, I was able to get tickets from a co-worker and was able to bring my middle child (he was 17).

I desperately want to take my oldest to the Bewark show, but with 2 kids in college and my youngest heading there this fall, I probably won't be able to afford to. I'm at peace with that because I'm a parent first, Rush fan some steps later.....

This^^^. I never went to a show from 87' to 02' for this very reason. Was busy doing things more important.... :codger:

What's this Narpski ! you can change your username without losing your post count... :unsure:

I am special indeed.... :D

What's this Narpski ! you can change your username without losing your post count... :unsure:

Otherwise he'd be back to zero every other month.
  • Like 1

Just for the record it had been a record 11 months since the previous change.... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Just for the record it had been a record 11 months since the previous change.... :codger:

Writer's block?
  • Like 2

Personally I wouldn't bring any kid younger than 8 or 9 unless they were REALLY interested in Rush. Last thing I would want to deal with is a whiney kid in a $200 seat bugging me to leave.

You may want to mention that this will be like taking an infant to front row at a monster truck rally. Sonically, that's how it would be for the infant. Seriously, there's a good chance that you'd give the kid nightmares for days.

Get a babysitter.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Tell her to get a breast pump store some reserves and get a BABY sitter!! I have had all my kids at a Rush concert but the youngest of the bunch was 6 and we were on the lawn in an outdoor amphetheater R-30 AWESOME experience. younger than 5, (impo) wouldn't recomend. She will have a much better time and so will the baby. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

My wait was from '84 to '02. :cheers:

• Like 1

Take a 6 month old baby?....to a rock concert?

The obvious answer is No....but...that doesn't necessarily mean mom can't go.

At 6 mos. old, at least with my two children, was the age we were leaving our child with Grandma for the evening (3-4hrs).

I understand about the nursing thing...we were pumping/bottle by that time, as mom was back at work.

If there's a driving/transportation issues...maybe take Grandma or trusted caregiver to the hotel and 'try' and enjoy the show...but do not take a 6 month old baby to a rock concert.

• Like 1

That's a terrible idea. Let her know that if she's even slightly concerned about hearing damage (which she doesn't seem to be) then she'll have to stay in the lobby with him.

Update: A friend of mine works for LiveNation and says she can get us two tickets to the Newark show. My dad says if we get them it'll be just him and me. Problem solved, maybe?

If you started this thread as a poll question, I think it would be the only TRF poll in history where everyone would vote in unison against this idea.

I would have, but I don't know how to do that on a phone.

Can we delete this thread I had a nightmare I was trying to enjoy 'Natural Science' and a baby threw up on me at the concert?

Covered in peas while Geddy sang

The mess and the magic........Triumphant and tragic