Rolling Stones Vs. The Beatles! I'm So Hot For Him He's So Cold! CHARLIE WATTS V. RINGO STARR!

RUSHHEAD666

Charlie Watts Verses Ringo Star! Get In The Ring Motherfukkers!   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Famous, Awesome Yet Laid Back Drummer Do You Love The Most?

• Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones
    • Ringo Starr, The Beatles
    • Neutral Vote! Neither! These Two Drummers Suck Just Like The Bands!

I've been away in Vegas for four days. I'm fuckking burnt, broke and blown.

I played this Rolling Stones slot machine for days.

Loved it. Fell in love with it. Won some money on it.

Anyway I will see some of you Rush fanatics in Vegas for Rush in July. Can't fukking wait.

All I did at the MGM Grand was look for the R40 Posters. Too early man. Too early.

Anyway listening to Charlie Watts just makes me excited. I love his style. I love his china boy crash.

Ringo is another amazing drummer for his speed and time keeping, but for me it's Charlie Watts all the way!!!

What do you guys think?

Both drummers are simple in their approach but yet are LEGENDS!

I like the jazz feel of Charlie.

Charlie takes the fuckking cake!

Sorry Ringo! "Happy Birthday!"

The Rolling Stones are fukking underrated too!

Signed,

"MISS YOU!"

• Like 1

I prefer the Stones, mainly because I like more upbeat rock songs. The Beatles are just too "light" for me if that makes sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is most of The Beatles' music is lighter, slower songs which I don't enjoy as much.
  • Like 3

I prefer the Stones, mainly because I like more upbeat rock songs. The Beatles are just too "light" for me if that makes sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is most of The Beatles' music is lighter, slower songs which I don't enjoy as much.

I totally understand! Watts is much more upbeat than Ringo. Still both are Rock Legends.

• Like 1

Charlie Watts is underrated. He's one of the all-time greatest rock drummers. Top five. I mean that sincerely.

Put on headphones and listen closely to his playing on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." It's not a technical kind of thing where speed and complexity are the goal. But it is a technical thing that Watts delivers: it's the way he makes the snare pop, and how he lays the groove. That is a special kind of talent too, different than what we like about Neil Peart, for example, but no less brilliant.

Look, let's not beat around the bush, the Rolling Stones produce music to get down to. They sound like a good roll in the sack—that's why people love them. And that sound, not just the rock, but also "the roll," as Keef likes to assert, stems from the way Watts and Richards play off, with, and against each other.

• Like 3

Charlie Watts is underrated. He's one of the all-time greatest rock drummers. Top five. I mean that sincerely.

Put on headphones and listen closely to his playing on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." It's not a technical kind of thing where speed and complexity are the goal. But it is a technical thing that Watts delivers: it's the way he makes the snare pop, and how he lays the groove. That is a special kind of talent too, different than what we like about Neil Peart, for example, but no less brilliant.

Look, let's not beat around the bush, the Rolling Stones produce music to get down to. They sound like a good roll in the sack—that's why people love them. And that sound, not just the rock, but also "the roll," as Keef likes to assert, stems from the way Watts and Richards play off, with, and against each other.

An amazing post! He is underrated! He can swing better than Neil! LOL!

I love the way Charlie incorporates the China Boy. "She's So Cold" is a perfect example.

The Rolling Stones Rule!

• Like 1

I love the way Charlie incorporates the China Boy. "She's So Cold" is a perfect example.

The Rolling Stones Rule!

Wait, what? I'm a diehard Stones fan. And as you can see, I adore Charlie. But I've never noticed his use of a China Boy. This amuses me. I'll go listen to "She's So Cold" after I finish this post.

But yeah, Charlie is a badass. You know the story about the time he decked Jagger in the face, right? "Don't ever call me 'your drummer' again. You're my f***ing singer." That must have been a scene, man.

• Like 2

The Rolling Stones Rule!

Wait, what? I'm a diehard Stones fan. And as you can see, I adore Charlie. But I've never noticed his use of a China Boy. This amuses me. I'll go listen to "She's So Cold" after I finish this post.

But yeah, Charlie is a badass. You know the story about the time he decked Jagger in the face, right? "Don't ever call me 'your drummer' again. You're my f***ing singer." That must have been a scene, man.

Hahahaha! Incredible story man! I had no clue! Go listen to "She's So Cold!"

Anyway I will see some of you Rush fanatics in Vegas for Rush in July. Can't fukking wait.

All I did at the MGM Grand was look for the R40 Posters. Too early man. Too early.

Anyway listening to Charlie Watts just makes me excited. I love his style. I love his china boy crash.

Ringo is another amazing drummer for his speed and time keeping, but for me it's Charlie Watts all the way!!!

What do you guys think?

Signed,

"MISS YOU!"

Too funny,

I was thinking about this yesterday. :LOL: I agree with what Goose posted. :NP:

• Like 1

What do you guys think?

Signed,

"MISS YOU!"

Too funny,

I was thinking about this yesterday. :LOL: I agree with what Goose posted. :NP:

That's crazy buddy! I agree with Goose too!

• Like 1

For me it's all about Tumblin' Dice. The groove he sets up in that song is the tits. So mellow yet propulsive, no one can play quite like that.

So weird that he got addicted to smack in the mid 80's, it seems incongruous with his overall demeanor, but it's good he corrected himself. He is easily the swingingest drummer in rock.

Charlie is great and all, but noone will ever make it past my love for the Beatles, so Ringo wins even over Bruford and Giles and Mastelotto and Harrison and every one else.

Only Moonie tops him, because I love The Who a little more.

Love the Rolling Stones. Love Charlie Watts. But I'm a Beatles guy...

I think Ringo Starr has two things going against him - 1. Sometimes I think most people do not LISTEN to Ringo's drumming. 2. Ringo basically STOPPED being a drummer after the Beatles broke-up.

Early Beatles songs like "She Loves You" are propulsive, especially compared to pop songs of the time. Also, Ringo kills it on songs like "Thank You Girl", he goes wild at the end of the song. They sound like simple fills, but they are nuts.

Listen to "Long Tall Sally". Ringo is going crazy. It's an absolutely rocking song. Imagine seeing and hearing them perform it in a small club. Pure rock and roll energy.

My favorite Ringo Starr Beatles performances:

"Ticket to Ride"

"Rain"

"The Word"

"She Said She Said"

"Strawberry Fields Forever"

"A Day in the Life"

"Only a Northern Song"

"Yer Blues"

"Long Long Long"

"Here Comes the Sun"

Also, check out his drumming on Lennon's "I Found Out".

Ringo was punk and grunge before there was punk and grunge.

Too bad he didn't continue to be a drummer after the Beatles broke-up. :(

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

I like Ringo because you could just play his drums alone and you can figure out which song it is.

Very true!

Ringo is one of the most musical drummers in rock, for sure.
  • Like 1

Love the Rolling Stones. Love Charlie Watts. But I'm a Beatles guy...

I think Ringo Starr has two things going against him - 1. Sometimes I think most people do not LISTEN to Ringo's drumming. 2. Ringo basically STOPPED being a drummer after the Beatles broke-up.

Early Beatles songs like "She Loves You" are propulsive, especially compared to pop songs of the time. Also, Ringo kills it on songs like "Thank You Girl", he goes wild at the end of the song. They sound like simple fills, but they are nuts.

Listen to "Long Tall Sally". Ringo is going crazy. It's an absolutely rocking song. Imagine seeing and hearing them perform it in a small club. Pure rock and roll energy.

My favorite Ringo Starr Beatles performances:

"Ticket to Ride"

"Rain"

"The Word"

"She Said She Said"

"Strawberry Fields Forever"

"A Day in the Life"

"Only a Northern Song"

"Yer Blues"

"Long Long Long"

"Here Comes the Sun"

Also, check out his drumming on Lennon's "I Found Out".

Ringo was punk and grunge before there was punk and grunge.

Too bad he didn't continue to be a drummer after the Beatles broke-up. :(

Everything He said . :cool:

Props to Charlie. The guy survived cancer, is 74 y.o, is going out on tour this summer and plays two+ hours shows with The Stones. I'll be at least one of their shows.

Charlie is a fan and player of traditional jazz too. The Charlie Watts Quintet.

He has also been involved in a few other side projects.

I think Charlie is a more versatile drummer.

http://youtu.be/B4U26nDRC8c

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

Those complaining the beatles weren't heavy musta slept through the white album.