Playing One Album in Entirety for R40 - Waves or Signals?

Bard

Signals or Permanent Waves on the R40 Tour?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If R-40 tour includes playing one album in its entirety, should it be Permanent Waves or Signals?

I love both albums (term album a hint of my age lol) voted for Permenant Waves for sentimental reasons. it truely was the the "Gateway" of my Rush Rules attitude. Prior to the release of Permenant Waves I was aware of Rush I knew songs like Working Man, Fly by Night, 2112 etc. what ever was played on the radio. In those daze I was Led Zep or Pink Floyd guru. So Permenant Waves was released the 1st Rush album ever bought by me. I remember when I actually listened ( & relistened) to Natural Science and realizing impo the best track of the whole collection, and that was never hardly played on the radio triggered a noble thought. If this album had a song so intensely tight and incredible what were on the other albums I had never heard. And so the collecting began 2212, Hemispheres, A Fairwell to kings. I will never forget when I bought Caress of Steel in second hand store and was like Holy $#!T this band is gonna be my favorite band forever! I actually remember the look of shock on my cousin's & best friend's face when I proclaimed to them "as far as I am concerned Rush blew Led Zep outta the water"!! So Rush did not play Philly for Permenant Waves, instead they played Hershey Park (PA) I remember WMMR or WYSP (Philly rock radio stations at the time) starting a petition to get the boys to play Philly. There was one even passed around in the halls of my high school that I signed. I think they got like 100000 signatures from all across the Deleware vally. Rush did play Philly for the Moving Pictures warm up tour & I think every tour after that. It was my 1st show & I was litterally blown away. After that there was never ever ever going to be doubt who would be at the top of my musical world. I have tried to catch them live everywhere I have lived and they visited and have been pretty successful if I might add lol. I would personally would love to witness them perform ALL their records in the entirety but I know that is just a fancifull wish. I would also like to add I saw Signals performed in Philly as well they did play countdown but I have to confess I did not appreciate it then as much as I do now. I would be thrilled to witness it now. One should never lose hope of what might be brought out of the vault. I was at one time convinced I would never witness The Camera Eye live again. Then The Time Machine Tour was conceived and whala there I was in (standing) my seat practically in tears living the dream. " the hopeful depend on a world without end, whatever the hopeless may say"!!! BTW I will be attending the Tampa Show ;-) Hope to see all of you there!!! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves=Star Wars

Signals=Return of the Jedi

Return of the Jedi is the flashy end of the trilogy but the original Star Wars is the depth, the one that hooked you. Yes yes Moving Pictures is The Empire Strikes Back.

Return of the Jedi is the flashy end of the trilogy but the original Star Wars is the depth, the one that hooked you. Yes yes Moving Pictures is The Empire Strikes Back.

Actually, this makes perfect sense to me. :D

Rush Star Wars Nerd Alert :D

I guess that makes Hemispheres "The Phantom Menace." :P

Nah, that makes Hemispheres Star Trek: TNG. :P

Eh…Star Trek sucks, too. :LOL:

You are officially insane and should be committed immediately. The men are coming with the white straitjackets. :D

• Like 1

The original series...

You are officially insane and should be committed immediately. The men are coming with the white straitjackets. :D

How do you know they haven't come already…?

I'd say...

Presto is The Phantom Menace

Roll the Bones is Attack of the Clones

Counterparts is Revenge of the Sith

Presto being the disappointment when compared to previous work, Roll the Bones being the even worse sequel and Counterparts being the one that's better than the last two but still not as strong as the earlier material.

But yeah, I'd definitely take Permanent Waves over Signals for playing a whole album live. Really doubt it's going to happen though. There's just so much material from all their eras to get through that it wouldn't make any sense focusing on one album. They did it on the Time Machine tour, seems very unlikely they'd repeat that formula at this point.

Edited by Drummerrobin

The original series...

I was kind of going by the complexity of the technology.

• Like 1

How do you know they haven't come already…?

Woooeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo........ :D

The original series...

My bad. I was just going for quality....

The original series...

My bad. I was just going for quality....

:P

PeW by a huge margin. After getting flooded with synths and strings on the last tour, it will be nice to get some songs that feature the guitar. I'd rather have CoS, Hemispheres, or Fly By Night before PeW, but I'd rather have about 12 albums before Signals. I can't imagine how dead the audience would be during by the last two songs of Signals. PeW would get the casuals excited by the hits and would get the hardcore ecstatic with the inclusion of Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science...which I think the casuals could at least appreciate, if not love.

As every Star Wars fan knows, Empire is the best in the series.

• Like 1

Didn't you realize that when he named CoS the worst album yet professes love for Counterparts?

• Like 1

Didn't you realize that when he named CoS the worst album yet professes love for Counterparts?

See, now everyone is finally figuring that out.

Sometime people like to be contrary to feel like they're being an individual. I thought maybe that was what was going on. Guess I was wrong. :LOL: