Clockwork Angels - Why all the hate??

RushianRoulette

CA In the bottom 20%. ...Just not a good album.

Every post say 'great effort'...I do not think it was a 'great effort'...I think Neil's storylines were great as usual,

But Sound, ugh. Same ol same ol this century.....

What is the obsession with 'The Garden' people have???

Praying CA is left OFF the R40 tour.

• Like 2

I really like it: CA is a well built modern day concept album not falling victim of narcissist quicksands.

It has a great impact that flows for one hour of powerful music; just "The Garden" IMO 'brutally' stops the engine at work.

It would have been a good album had it ended with Headlong Flight... The last 3 songs are abysmal for me, sorry... The Garden is the worst Rush song in their history (No offense to those who like the song, I just don't), the only worthy thing about it is that it's the only song where Alex's tone is reminiscent of the old days (Kinda HYF-like)... But that song depresses me to no end.... The drum sound is the worst in the history of mankind.... Nick R is a total incompetent at producing... Sorry.... Just some Rush groupie with a handful of knobs in front of him.... My CA consists of Caravan & BU2B , the original SINGLE versions, where you can actually hear the drums and the bass. I've been listening to those since they came out, and still love them and think it's the best Rush songs since the '80's, and 2 awesome drumming songs (As with HF). But Nick R destroyed those 2 songs on the album... So... in retrospect, if all the songs up to Headlong Flight had sounded like the original single, it would have been a really cool album. I haven't listened to it in almost 2 years, but the single is a frequent accompaniment on my walks, especially on my Midnight walks on the Beach when I'm on holidays!! I can loop those songs for an hour and not get tired....
  • Like 2

Man, I really don't get the irrational hatred for CA. I' not having a problem with the production at all. Certainly not in the Death Magnetic range, not Presto either. Great balance for me. It's an intense record though, more more than VT, but still pasionate, energetic. All things Rush should be. Is it top 5? No, definitely not bottom 5, upper middle, for sure.

Also don't get the hatred for Snakes and Arrows, now that is some top 5 shit. Nor do I get why people thing Caress is all that great. No way CoS is better than 2112. what are you people on anyway?

;)

Every post say 'great effort'...I do not think it was a 'great effort'...I think Neil's storylines were great as usual,

THIS. Bottom 5 Rush album for me. Tough to listen to all around.

"Headlong Flight" is probably the best song since "The Big Money". It's the one Rush tune produced since 1981 that could serve as a show closer.
  • Like 1

Yeah well I'm praying that the title track makes it.

YOU PROMISED EVERY TREASURE TO THE FOOLISH AND THE WISE

GODDESSES OF MYSTERY, SPIRITS IN DISGUISE

TO EVERY PLEASURE, WE BOW AND CLOSE OUR EYES

O CLOCKWORK ANGELS, PROMISE EVERY PRIZE

• Like 1

I've been looking through several of the discussions on the forum lately, and CA seems to be a scapegoat almost in terms of dislike.

What I wanna know is, am I the only person on here who would place CA in their top 5 Rush Albums, or even likes the album itself?

It's just a phase, man. A couple of years back, everyone and their sisters was in love with it.

Now I can see the most vocal lovers, like losingit2k and Tombstone, still haven't answered yet, so maybe their will pour their love in.

Just to laugh it off, Mick, are you trying to steal Goober's thunder? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

I've been looking through several of the discussions on the forum lately, and CA seems to be a scapegoat almost in terms of dislike.

What I wanna know is, am I the only person on here who would place CA in their top 5 Rush Albums, or even likes the album itself?

It's just a phase, man. A couple of years back, everyone and their sisters was in love with it.

Now I can see the most vocal lovers, like losingit2k and Tombstone, still haven't answered yet, so maybe their will pour their love in.

Just to laugh it off, Mick, are you trying to steal Goober's thunder? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

CA is a sore spot for me. Bad memories of hearing itfor the first time and being on the murder list here. I'm sure had people known where i lived that would have come and shot me in the leg :LOL: :lol: it was awful here. lol.

Mick

• Like 3

What I don't get is people seem forget the songs are part of a story, each one carries on a narrative. Obviously it pales to most fans in comparison to 2112 but I was thrilled with it. I listened to it over and over and the songs really spoke to me and I enjoyed the tale Neil was telling. I love it still and listen to it frequently. I guess the steampunk element brought me in since I have been reading that genre for a number of years, I even loved the album artwork. Headlong Flight, Caravan and Carnies rock! :heart: :haz: :rush:
  • Like 3

It's good to see a few people expressing their dislike for The Garden. I was starting to think I was the only person!!

IMO...the album should have ended with Headlong Flight (and one or two other songs could have been dropped as well). The crappy production certainly does not help the cause.

Definitely not even close to top 5 for me.

• Like 1

It's good to see a few people expressing their dislike for The Garden. I was starting to think I was the only person!!

IMO...the album should have ended with Headlong Flight (and one or two other songs could have been dropped as well). The crappy production certainly does not help the cause.

Definitely not even close to top 5 for me.

Oh I was one of the ones who went nuts over the thing. Then one day i'm listening to it and i go............ya know.......this ain't that good, lol. It's an overblown cheesy sunday school like song.

Mick

• Like 1

I did not like the album at first, now i'm quite fond of it.

I really like 7 Cities of Gold. Great bass.

I like CA. If you want an example of crappy production listen to Hold Your Nose and Pesto. Dry mall music.

If you want a band that makes no effort on albums late in the careers, go listen to the Kidney Stones.

I've cooled on The Garden a lot too. Besides the production, my only real gripe with the album is that some of the songs go on for too long. Headlong Flight stays interesting the whole way through and flies by, but stuff like Seven Cities and Wish Them Well drag on.
  • Like 1

I've cooled on The Garden a lot too. Besides the production, my only real gripe with the album is that some of the songs go on for too long. Headlong Flight stays interesting the whole way through and flies by, but stuff like Seven Cities and Wish Them Well drag on.

I know.....i would always be looking at my itunes going. This Songs still ON?! lol

Mick

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks that BU2B2 could have been a masterpiece song if they could have been bothered to expand it beyond one minute and twenty-seven seconds?

Maybe. I like it as is right now cause it's the only song that gives me a break from the mushy noise.

Mick

Am I the only one who thinks that BU2B2 could have been a masterpiece song if they could have been bothered to expand it beyond one minute and twenty-seven seconds?

Maybe. I like it as is right now cause it's the only song that gives me a break from the mushy noise.

Mick

I would like for Rush to explain why they would waste time on a song like Neurotica or Dog Years (or whatever that canine flop is called) and not spend the time to develop BU2B2 into a beautiful song (and it would have been - The Garden would have been pushed right into the background).

• Like 1

If they HAVE to play something off CA.

1 minutes and 27 seconds would be just fine with me...but not a second more