Autographs?

GotPeart

I was wondering of Neil had personalized it, and though that was the case, obviously because of the position of it, but also because it looked different from the usual Geddy handwriting.

I also mailed a different photo to Portland, and explained that it was just a back-up in case they didn't receive the first one in SLC.

I'll lose my mind if I get the second one back.

So glad it worked out for you! And welcome to TRF!

• Like 1

Received this back from Salt Lake City today.....

11755284_1021161291230154_6951766771710669565_n.jpg?oh=85eea3b12b011222cb716c8e9cfcaf9a&oe=565AE8EA

Diamond Dave, that put a big smile on my face! That's really nice. And fast too! They must have mailed them back Tuesday or Wednesday.

Here's hoping that by next Friday, I can say: Guess what came today????????????

Yes, are you able to upload a photo on your dial up? Or skip that and just tell us all right away!!!

• Like 1

I was wondering of Neil had personalized it, and though that was the case, obviously because of the position of it, but also because it looked different from the usual Geddy handwriting.

I also mailed a different photo to Portland, and explained that it was just a back-up in case they didn't receive the first one in SLC.

I'll lose my mind if I get the second one back.

I think whoever opens the mail and gets the stuff ready does the personalizing. That way all the guys have to do is go down the line and sign the items.

Mr JD I believe Neil Geddy or Alex personalized them. I remember seeing post it notes on one of the clips I think whoever opens it writes the name plainly on the post it. I know what I had signed looks like Alex personalized it and Dave's looks like Neil's writing.

11755284_1021161291230154_6951766771710669565_n.jpg?oh=85eea3b12b011222cb716c8e9cfcaf9a&oe=565AE8EA

Diamond Dave, that put a big smile on my face! That's really nice. And fast too! They must have mailed them back Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yes, are you able to upload a photo on your dial up? Or skip that and just tell us all right away!!!

I'm laughing because I don't even own a camera to take a picture of it. :LOL: But I will tell everyone here right away. Who else can I share the good news with that would know how exciting a moment it is and how much it means? :)

• Like 1

I'm laughing because I don't even own a camera to take a picture of it. :LOL: But I will tell everyone here right away. Who else can I share the good news with that would know how exciting a moment it is and how much it means? :)

Do you know anybody that has a cell phone that has a camera that can upload it?

sent my photos to denver and they came back unsigned...what a bummer. $30 WASTED.

Do you have any idea why they weren't signed?

That's a shame. $30 is a lot of money. At least to me it is.

I received a signed press photo back on S&A. I sent a jersey to Salt Lake on CA and it came back unsigned. I'd heard they have a database to prevent from multiple requests. Cool, so I thought I'd see if they would send my daughter something, so I sent it off to Denver to give it a try. I sent my little note thanking the guys, telling them about my daughter and our Red Rocks show, and wished them well. I only signed my note, no return address, or name anywhere. Well, Wed. my daughter received the magazine signed...to me? My name was only on as a signature, they took the time for me and spelled my name right. I don't know why they do things odd sometimes, but I'm glad they do, and this tour has been wonderful!!!
  • Like 2

sent my photos to denver and they came back unsigned...what a bummer. $30 WASTED.

I received a signed press photo back on S&A. I sent a jersey to Salt Lake on CA and it came back unsigned. I'd heard they have a database to prevent from multiple requests. Cool, so I thought I'd see if they would send my daughter something, so I sent it off to Denver to give it a try. I sent my little note thanking the guys, telling them about my daughter and our Red Rocks show, and wished them well. I only signed my note, no return address, or name anywhere. Well, Wed. my daughter received the magazine signed...to me? My name was only on as a signature, they took the time for me and spelled my name right. I don't know why they do things odd sometimes, but I'm glad they do, and this tour has been wonderful!!!

It's hard for me to fathom how after forty years of fame and adulation these men can still be so thoughtful and caring. That's a wonderful story Sarge, and thanks for sharing it here.

If it is true they keep a database on this stuff, they will search in vain for my name because this is a first for me.

No, I don't. Well, I know people that have cellphones, but I can't very well go to the lady across the street, knock on her door and say: Pardon me, Jane, but would you take a picture with your phone of this Rolling Stone magazine? As you can see, it has been autographed by Rush. :) Knowing her, she would be wondering why a magazine dedicated to rock bands would have anything to do with Rush Lumbaugh (I have no idea how he spells his name, but you know who I mean!). :LOL:

• Like 2

It's hard for me to fathom how after forty years of fame and adulation these men can still be so thoughtful and caring. That's a wonderful story Sarge, and thanks for sharing it here.

If it is true they keep a database on this stuff, they will search in vain for my name because this is a first for me.

I'm sure you are in for a treat! After a monumental weekend in Denver and Salt Lake it's like a final tip of the cap from the boy's!!!
  • Like 1

No, I don't. Well, I know people that have cellphones, but I can't very well go to the lady across the street, knock on her door and say: Pardon me, Jane, but would you take a picture with your phone of this Rolling Stone magazine? As you can see, it has been autographed by Rush. :) Knowing her, she would be wondering why a magazine dedicated to rock bands would have anything to do with Rush Lumbaugh (I have no idea how he spells his name, but you know who I mean!). :LOL:

Yeah but if she could take a pic and email it to you, you could put it up on photobucket or something and we could see it. :)

• Like 1

Yeah but if she could take a pic and email it to you, you could put it up on photobucket or something and we could see it. :)

I could do that. I guess. We're not especially friendly.

I'll see what I can come up with. :)

• Like 2

Okay Rush fans....I need your help!

First Rush show was in 1986. Most recent in 2015. After that 2015 show I have tried - without success - to get an LP autographed by mailing an LP to a venue they are playing at on this tour. I am wanting to know if I am doing anything wrong as I have struck out THREE TIMES.

I have used these 12" x 18" mailers:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ixUd-XVZL._SY300_.jpg

I include another one with stamps on it for return postage in the one I mail along with the LP, two 12" x 12" cardboard inserts to protect the LP, and a note thanking the boys and asking for it to be autographed. I have included tracking for all and this is what has happened:

1. Sent priority USPS package to Detroit w/ my 2112 LP. It arrived Friday before Saturday show. It was sent back on Monday after the show. Received unsigned w/ my note still in it.

2. After that failure, bought Perm Waves reissue LP (just in case signing dark 2112 LP was an issue) and Sent priority USPS package to New Jersey. It arrived Friday before Saturday show. It was sent back on Monday after the show. Received unsigned (and BENT) w/ my note still in it.

3. Sent priority USPS package to Utah w/ same Perm Waves LP. It arrived Wednesday before Monday show. It was sent back on Monday night. Received unsigned without my note.

After reading through this and older threads I sent to Detroit because someone last tour had success. Same thing with New Jersey and someone here had success this tour. I emailed Utah recently and they said that they pass on all fanmail to the tour. Someone else here also had success.

I am addressing to Rush R40 Live Tour, c/o Liam Birt, and then the venue address.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Could the packaging be too big? Packaging too hard to open maybe? If anyone has any advice please let me know.

I am thinking of trying one more time using a USPS Priority mail box and include the LP and a 12"x18" mailer for the return trip. Maybe if it really is hard to open the box might be easier.

I have only tried doing this one time before on the Clockwork Angels tour by sending in a Starman postcard, but never received it back, so I doubt I am in any database if they are tracking who is getting autographs.

Thanks,

Jeff

Nothing jumps out at me that you might be doing wrong. I'm not sure why you've had trouble. Only thing I did differently this time was to have a postage label printed out rather than using stamps on the inside envelope. I was told to do that by the postmaster.

First Rush show was in 1986. Most recent in 2015. After that 2015 show I have tried - without success - to get an LP autographed by mailing an LP to a venue they are playing at on this tour. I am wanting to know if I am doing anything wrong as I have struck out THREE TIMES.

I include another one with stamps on it for return postage in the one I mail along with the LP, two 12" x 12" cardboard inserts to protect the LP, and a note thanking the boys and asking for it to be autographed. I have included tracking for all and this is what has happened:

1. Sent priority USPS package to Detroit w/ my 2112 LP. It arrived Friday before Saturday show. It was sent back on Monday after the show. Received unsigned w/ my note still in it.

2. After that failure, bought Perm Waves reissue LP (just in case signing dark 2112 LP was an issue) and Sent priority USPS package to New Jersey. It arrived Friday before Saturday show. It was sent back on Monday after the show. Received unsigned (and BENT) w/ my note still in it.

3. Sent priority USPS package to Utah w/ same Perm Waves LP. It arrived Wednesday before Monday show. It was sent back on Monday night. Received unsigned without my note.

After reading through this and older threads I sent to Detroit because someone last tour had success. Same thing with New Jersey and someone here had success this tour. I emailed Utah recently and they said that they pass on all fanmail to the tour. Someone else here also had success.

I am addressing to Rush R40 Live Tour, c/o Liam Birt, and then the venue address.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Could the packaging be too big? Packaging too hard to open maybe? If anyone has any advice please let me know.

I am thinking of trying one more time using a USPS Priority mail box and include the LP and a 12"x18" mailer for the return trip. Maybe if it really is hard to open the box might be easier.

I have only tried doing this one time before on the Clockwork Angels tour by sending in a Starman postcard, but never received it back, so I doubt I am in any database if they are tracking who is getting autographs.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

If anything, with all the fancy packaging and other precautions you have been taking, from my own experience, and many others I have read of here, it sounds like you have done everything *right*.

Considering all you have done, and have still been unsuccessful, I find my first, and only attempt of this in getting my Signals LP cover signed, even more ironic than ever. But I did get it back, signed.

If there are any other venues who are still accepting and forwarding mail to the band, give it another shot; the law of averages dictates you will be successful eventually, and you should not give up now.

Roll them bones, baby!

Peace,

Jeff

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 2

Pretty odd luck indeed. I'm guessing San Jose is the really last chance for this. Vegas is a giant mess of a building and the last few show's are just that, the last few show's. I'm sure there will be much more going on within the Rush machine as it approaches it's destination LA. Man, this thing is really getting heavy huh?

If they keep track of requesters, then I may not get my AFTK album cover back signed. I will say, though, that I was honest in admitting that I had been accommodated by them prior to this request but hoped they would sign one more item that I have a frame waiting for. I don't know if my honesty will help me or hurt me, but I am sure that I will soon find out.

I agree about Vegas....I previously tried the MGM Grand for Rush with an LP, but never saw it again. I have a friend trying for the Verizon Wireless Amp in Irvine, CA, as from what I've researched, the venue in Phoenix does not forward mail.

Thanks,

Jeff

It looks like you are doing the same thing as several other people that got things signed. :( The only thing I can see is that in Detroit and New Jersey your item arrived one day before the show and maybe that wasn't quite enough time if the arena has it go through a mailroom for a day or something first ? I dunno. It seems like a lot of TRF people had stuff arrive about 3 days before a show but you did that with Salt Lake and still no signatures?? Shoot!

The only other thing I can think of is that I originally had cardboard inserts in my return mailing to protect my album but the post office guy had me take them out, he said it would make the pkg too heavy to easily mail back to me. So maybe take them out? But you know Rush doesn't stand around going "this looks like a heavy envelope, better not sign" so I really don't know. I hope you try again and I hope it works out for you!

And, Rush1000, this sounds dumb but maybe they didn't have a Sharpie?? Be sure to put a Sharpie in your package before you send it (you can put in ziplock bag if you are paranoid about leaks) :P Edited by blueschica

And, Rush1000, this sounds dumb but maybe they didn't have a Sharpie?? Be sure to put a Sharpie in your package before you send it (you can put in ziplock bag if you are paranoid about leaks) :P

I did include Sharpies in the Detroit/NJ packages, but not Utah. Figured they had enough, but wlil put one in the next one just in case. Didn't receive the Detroit/NJ sharpies back either...
  • Like 1

Personally I wouldn't include a Sharpie. They're going to have plenty of markers if they're signing stuff. Too much chance it could break in there.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if I got my package back unsigned.

I didn't include a Sharpie figuring they were already up to their eyeballs in them and surely they would have one handy.;

I had the postal clerk put actual stamps on the return envelope because I read here not to use a predated postage label. Now Eagle says to do the opposite. Or maybe I read it wrong to begin with.

Well. I'll find out this week. When it arrives, I will open it up while on this thread instead of first opening it, then running here to announce the good or bad news.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if I got my package back unsigned.

I didn't include a Sharpie figuring they were already up to their eyeballs in them and surely they would have one handy.;

I had the postal clerk put actual stamps on the return envelope because I read here not to use a predated postage label. Now Eagle says to do the opposite. Or maybe I read it wrong to begin with.

Well. I'll find out this week. When it arrives, I will open it up while on this thread instead of first opening it, then running here to announce the good or bad news.

My return package when I sent my album cover to Buffalo had actual stamps on it and it came back to me successfully. The problem I was told with the label is that it will not have the current date when it's returned but rather "today's date" and also something about them having to go to the post office in person if it had a label rather than stamps. But it's hard to know what to believe when everyone is told something different by each postal clerk. So we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

• Like 1