Autographs?

GotPeart

My Rush package is off! But the post office is in bad shape. While there, I mentioned how our postal service has gone downhill. She told me that anything that used to take 2-3 days, now takes 3-4 because they have many facilities have been closed down. I wanted to mention that their absurd retirement policy contributed to the demise, but thought it best to keep that thought to myself.

Anyway, just keep that in mind when you post things. It takes longer than it used to.

Glad I sent mine Saturday.

• Like 1

My Rush package is off! But the post office is in bad shape. While there, I mentioned how our postal service has gone downhill. She told me that anything that used to take 2-3 days, now takes 3-4 because they have many facilities have been closed down. I wanted to mention that their absurd retirement policy contributed to the demise, but thought it best to keep that thought to myself.

Anyway, just keep that in mind when you post things. It takes longer than it used to.

Glad I sent mine Saturday.

i agree, and I bet they don't get mine until Thursday or Friday, and I live in the same State.

• Like 1

I was going to send a copy of the Rolling Stone but I figured they are probably getting a lot of those. I sent this instead. On a recent trip to LeStudio, I took this picture of Lac Perry located behind the studio. A little more unique. Maybe it will put a smile on their face.

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_2314_8_2_a.jpg

• Like 3

I had nothing else to send except for my Rush book and I was advised here not to send the book.

I could have just sent a blank piece of paper I guess. Maybe I should have. That way they could have all written me a little love note. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

I was going to send a copy of the Rolling Stone but I figured they are probably getting a lot of those. I sent this instead. On a recent trip to LeStudio, I took this picture of Lac Perry located behind the studio. A little more unique. Maybe it will put a smile on their face.

http://www.jd-photography.net/pics/IMG_2314_8_2_a.jpg

That's beautiful, and i'm sure it will put a smile on their face. I remember reading how they would get in a boat and row away home at night.

That's funny. I was just thinking what a beautiful professional photo that is. Then I remembered that's what you are - a professional photographer!!! :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

My Rush package is off! But the post office is in bad shape. While there, I mentioned how our postal service has gone downhill. She told me that anything that used to take 2-3 days, now takes 3-4 because they have many facilities that have been closed down. I wanted to mention that their absurd retirement policy contributed to the demise, but thought it best to keep that thought to myself.

I sent mine today first class and they expect it to be delivered on Thursday. And I live in IL.

Guess you just never know how these things work. :huh:

My Rush package is off! But the post office is in bad shape. While there, I mentioned how our postal service has gone downhill. She told me that anything that used to take 2-3 days, now takes 3-4 because they have many facilities that have been closed down. I wanted to mention that their absurd retirement policy contributed to the demise, but thought it best to keep that thought to myself.

I sent mine today first class and they expect it to be delivered on Thursday. And I live in IL.

"Expected delivery date" doesn't mean a thing. Someone sent me a package first class priority mail with an expected delivery date for Friday. I got it the following Tuesday.

"Expected delivery date" doesn't mean a thing. Someone sent me a package first class priority mail with an expected delivery date for Friday. I got it the following Tuesday.

Well hopefully it works out. Last time they gave me the expected date it was there that same date. Fingers crossed...

Rush fans are everywhere, bwa ha ha! :D I went to the Post Office late this afternoon and the whole time this very tense, very nice suit and tie guy was two people behind me, complaining about how much it costs to mail things to Canada! I had brought my autographed AFTK album with me to thank my favorite postal worker that helped me with it in June and I took it out and showed him. Wouldn't you know, the suit and tie guy came running up, completely different attitude, he said he was so excited to see an AFTK album after so many years and he was so excited that it was autographed. He kept telling me what a gem that record was and how wonderful Rush was, I kept saying, "Um, yes, I know; it's nice to meet another Rush fan!" but his eyes were only for the album cover ha ha! He said it made his day though! Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Rush fans are everywhere, bwa ha ha! :D I went to the Post Office late this afternoon and the whole time this very tense, very nice suit and tie guy was two people behind me, complaining about how much it costs to mail things to Canada! I had brought my autographed AFTK album with me to show my favorite postal worker that helped me with it in June and I took it out and showed him. Wouldn't you know, the suit and tie guy came running up, completely different attitude, he said he was so excited to see an AFTK album after so many years and he was so excited that it was autographed. He kept telling me what a gem that record was and how wonderful Rush was, I kept saying, "Um, yes, I know; it's nice to meet another Rush fan!" but his eyes were only for the album cover ha ha! He said it made his day though!

I would've been tempted to say $5000 and it's yours. :LOL:

• Like 1

Rush fans are everywhere, bwa ha ha! :D I went to the Post Office late this afternoon and the whole time this very tense, very nice suit and tie guy was two people behind me, complaining about how much it costs to mail things to Canada! I had brought my autographed AFTK album with me to show my favorite postal worker that helped me with it in June and I took it out and showed him. Wouldn't you know, the suit and tie guy came running up, completely different attitude, he said he was so excited to see an AFTK album after so many years and he was so excited that it was autographed. He kept telling me what a gem that record was and how wonderful Rush was, I kept saying, "Um, yes, I know; it's nice to meet another Rush fan!" but his eyes were only for the album cover ha ha! He said it made his day though!

Yeah, I don't think his name was Becky though! He was so excited he probably wouldn't have cared . . .

Yeah, I don't think his name was Becky though! He was so excited he probably wouldn't have cared . . .

:) Makes you wonder what he was mailing to Canada.

• Like 1

Sent mine out today, priority. They said it should get there Wednesday. Hopefully everything works out! Thank you to everyone who has posted in here for the help.

• Like 1

Question for those who have had success and had return tracking on their packages: When did the packages first show return tracking activity? Day of show, day after, or past that?

Reason I ask is that I sent to Utah (they said they would pass mail on to the tour) and it arrived Wednesday. Just checked tracking and it shows the return package arrived at the post office just before 10pm Utah time on the 13th, day of the show there. I assume they sign items in the afternoon around the time of soundcheck....so maybe possible they got it earlier and had venue mail them out. Just hoping third time is the charm after two previous failures.

IME, they'll mail the packages back the day after the show. You can expect the same kind of travel time as it took to get there. Some people have had to wait longer, I would assume that it's because the people who are mailing the packages back are lazyasses.
  • Like 2

I called KeyArena in Seattle and the rep there told me that they will forward mail to the band.

She gave me this address:

KeyArena

Att. Rush

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

Thank you very much!

You should modify that address as follows:

Rush--R40 Tour

c/o Liam Birt

KeyArena

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

That's the format most of *us have been using, and the success rate has been pretty good.

I'm soooo excited :cheerleader: My friend in Texas has mailed my R40 tourbook to Seattle yesterday. It's supposed to arrive there tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it will end up in the hands of the band and that it wil make it's way back to my friend in TX next week...
  • Like 1

I'm soooo excited :cheerleader: My friend in Texas has mailed my R40 tourbook to Seattle yesterday. It's supposed to arrive there tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it will end up in the hands of the band and that it wil make it's way back to my friend in TX next week...

That's great! I bet they sign it and get it back to you- what a terrific memory of your big trip over here to see R40!

• Like 1

Seems like everything we sent is due to arrive in Seattle tomorrow. They are going to have some mail delivery. :LOL:

:LOL:

:cheers:

I have a vision of the mail being delivered in huge duffel bags to Key Arena.

Yeah, I was having this vision of Alex, Geddy, Neil and Liam disappearing behind a huge pyramid of stuff piled on a table to sign! :D

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3