Autographs?

GotPeart

Has anyone here tried to get multiple items signed by doing several dates? Or do you feel that's cheating?

I found it ironic, but also very, very cool that the first item I ever sent, a Signals LP cover, was signed by Alex, Geddy and Neil, and despite my return package not being taped shut, was still returned to me in excellent shape.

I would never tempt fate by doing this again, at least on this tour, unless I were doing it as a surprise for someone else.

I would feel a bit guilty trying to do it more than once a tour. I guess it's a form of respect.

Same here. While it would be nice to have more signed items (maybe even with different inscriptions!) I feel it would be cheating to do it multiple times per tour.

I'm a little bit torn, but I'm going to send something to Seattle to try to get signed for my nephew and get it sent right to him in Denver. It's not a second thing for me. He is 13, really likes drumming and Rush, and gets hassled about his long hair (I thought that battle was over about 30 yrs ago!) It would mean a lot to him; I figure the worst that could happen is that he gets nothing back in the mail in which case he doesn't know about it anyway . . . I hope it works though! :)

Has anyone here tried to get multiple items signed by doing several dates? Or do you feel that's cheating?

I found it ironic, but also very, very cool that the first item I ever sent, a Signals LP cover, was signed by Alex, Geddy and Neil, and despite my return package not being taped shut, was still returned to me in excellent shape.

I would never tempt fate by doing this again, at least on this tour, unless I were doing it as a surprise for someone else.

I would feel a bit guilty trying to do it more than once a tour. I guess it's a form of respect.

Same here. While it would be nice to have more signed items (maybe even with different inscriptions!) I feel it would be cheating to do it multiple times per tour.

I'm a little bit torn, but I'm going to send something to Seattle to try to get signed for my nephew and get it sent right to him in Denver. It's not a second thing for me. He is 13, really likes drumming and Rush, and gets hassled about his long hair (I thought that battle was over about 30 yrs ago!) It would mean a lot to him; I figure the worst that could happen is that he gets nothing back in the mail in which case he doesn't know about it anyway . . . I hope it works though! :)

That's for someone else and it would make a wonderful present. Do it!

• Like 2

I tend to agree, although I am going to try it this tour because I was a latecomer in appreciating the band, so I don't have some huge collection of autographs I've gotten on every tour. If I get a second album signed, it will likely be my last.

Looking at some of the signed items listed on Ebay, real and fraudulent, it's a major drag anyone would go through the effort to get an item signed only try to make money off of it.
  • Like 1

I called the Pepsi Center in Denver because things are busy for me later in July and I thought it might be a little easier to mail something there this week but they DO NOT forward mail to artists so don't bother sending anything. They were really nice about saying I could come the day of the show and drop off something at the guest relations kiosk ?? (double check if you are going) and they would maybe try to get it signed and mail it back but when I said I was from Pennsylvania that kind of ended that! :D
  • Like 1

I just talked to relations in Denver and the nice gal there told me they will get the band mail. She was really nice and understanding, so I've decided to send something for my daughter. Writing my little note, it was hard to think about how to end it, how do we say farewell to our friends?
  • Like 1

I sent something to Denver as well. I ended my note with thank you for the musical journey I have traveled on the last 30 years. Hopefully it will continue...
  • Like 1

I called KeyArena in Seattle and the rep there told me that they will forward mail to the band.

She gave me this address:

KeyArena

Att. Rush

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

• Like 3

I called KeyArena in Seattle and the rep there told me that they will forward mail to the band.

KeyArena

Att. Rush

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

Thank you very much!

KeyArena

Att. Rush

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

Thank you very much!

You should modify that address as follows:

Rush--R40 Tour

c/o Liam Birt

KeyArena

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

That's the format most of have been using, and the success rate has been pretty good.

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 1

KeyArena

Att. Rush

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

Thank you very much!

You should modify that address as follows:

Rush--R40 Tour

c/o Liam Birt

KeyArena

305 Harrison St.

Seattle, WA

That's the format most of have been using, and the success rate has been pretty good.

Actually, I wrote that or something pretty similar to it on my last package and it worked well, so I will do the same again. Thanks for the reminder. :)

You guys think it would be too late to send something to Seattle on Mon? And how many stamps would you put on a small envelope with a CD booklet in it...Gah, I'm unprepared for this. Edited by G Lee

That's a good idea Lorraine. If I had more time and a color printer, I'd send them that Tiger Beat parody cover to sign :D.
  • Like 2

You guys think it would be too late to send something to Seattle on Mon? And how many stamps would you put on a small envelope with a CD booklet in it...Gah, I'm unprepared for this.

Why would it be too late? That aren't there until the following week I thought.

I would put four stamps just to be safe. It probably only would need two, but with the USPS, one never knows.

That's a good idea Lorraine. If I had more time and a color printer, I'd send them that Tiger Beat parody cover to sign :D.

Print out your Geddy hater thread and send it to them. :yes: You might even get a phone call from them after they read it! :laughing yellow guy:

• Like 1

I have no clue, I would have less of a clue how much a magazine would cost to send.

I thought about what their reaction might be to that hate thread if they saw it actually. To be honest, I think they'd have a giggle at it. And even if Ged called just to chew me out, I'd probably faint, lol. Edited by G Lee
  • Like 1

I thought about what their reaction might be to that hate thread if they saw it actually. To be honest, I think they'd have a giggle at it. And even if Ged called just to chew me out, I'd probably faint, lol.

I think Geddy and Alex would find it very funny. Especially Alex. They would be amused. But I do think you ought to send them something else. Just to be safe! We might get sued for slander or something. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I won't send it, I'm not that self assured :P. And your note should read 'please sign and date the blank check you send back to me, Thanks!'
  • Like 1