Autographs?

GotPeart

I didn't see your story but I am wanting to send something to Seattle, so if there's something I need to know, tell me now. :)

I posted it probably earlier in this thread, but in a nutshell, I sent a Hemisperes CD booklet in a plastic thinline case with a padded media mailer envelope for return package (went USPS from NJ to WA and back). It got there fine by priority mail in about 2-3 days, and took three or 4 weeks to get back from the show looking like it had been carried in the mouth of a great white shark. Plastic case shattered, and left a teeny scratch on the booklet, but somehow it was otherwise OK (see below). I learned to use cardboard sandwich style packing the next time, which worked perfectly.

401677_10200183964548299_1413717388_n.jpg?oh=76831571aa967f274733710397b63c0d&oe=5627D29B

I didn't see your story but I am wanting to send something to Seattle, so if there's something I need to know, tell me now. :)

I posted it probably earlier in this thread, but in a nutshell, I sent a Hemisperes CD booklet in a plastic thinline case with a padded media mailer envelope for return package (went USPS from NJ to WA and back). It got there fine by priority mail in about 2-3 days, and took three or 4 weeks to get back from the show looking like it had been carried in the mouth of a great white shark. Plastic case shattered, and left a teeny scratch on the booklet, but somehow it was otherwise OK (see below). I learned to use cardboard sandwich style packing the next time, which worked perfectly.

401677_10200183964548299_1413717388_n.jpg?oh=76831571aa967f274733710397b63c0d&oe=5627D29B

Oh, ok, thanks. I used a pretty thick piece of cardboard in the shipment to and wrote on the cardboard to please use in the return shipment, and all went well. So I plan to do the same thing this time around. :)

You got a "hi?" I'm jealous. :P

• Like 1

Geddy usually does the "Hi," right?

Geddy usually does the "Hi," right?

Does he? It's the first one I've seen. Usually it's just the word "to." I think my Hemispheres album was personalized by Alex. I'm beginning to think that they take turns doing that.

Edited by EagleMoon

Hi, I'm brand new here but I wanted my first post to be on this thread. Thank you so much for the information! I sent a copy of my Permanent Waves booklet to the Prudential Center with a little note thanking them for the music, memories, and inspiration. Presto was my first rock concert, so it was really cool to take my older son to his first show at R40.

Got this back in the mail yesterday!

http://i.imgur.com/cZMsUPE.jpg

I was a little disappointed that Geddy wasn't able to sign it, but it's hardly the end of the world. Part of me was tempted for a moment to send it on to another show and try to get his, but then I realized that they were already very generous to take a few minutes to do this anyway. It was a really nice gesture on their part and for me as a fan, a cool memento to have connected on a slightly more personal level. I think it would be inadvertently come off as greedy/obnoxious to send it back in again, so I'm very happy with two out of three!

So thank you again for sharing this bit of insider fan knowledge!

• Like 3

Hi, I'm brand new here but I wanted my first post to be on this thread. Thank you so much for the information! I sent a copy of my Permanent Waves booklet to the Prudential Center with a little note thanking them for the music, memories, and inspiration. Presto was my first rock concert, so it was really cool to take my older son to his first show at R40.

I was a little disappointed that Geddy wasn't able to sign it, but it's hardly the end of the world. Part of me was tempted for a moment to send it on to another show and try to get his, but then I realized that they were already very generous to take a few minutes to do this anyway. It was a really nice gesture on their part and for me as a fan, a cool memento to have connected on a slightly more personal level. I think it would be inadvertently come off as greedy/obnoxious to send it back in again, so I'm very happy with two out of three!

You got a great inscription! And welcome to TRF :hi:

What a great memory for you and your son! Welcome aboard! :hi:

I'm thinking about sending a copy of the new Rolling Stone. If it gets lost, no big deal.

It would be super-cool if they signed it with "FINALLY!" ;)

• Like 2

I'm thinking about sending a copy of the new Rolling Stone. If it gets lost, no big deal.

It would be super-cool if they signed it with "FINALLY!" ;)

Notice in the insert pic that Geddy and Alex are flipping the middle digit while playing their axes? Accident?

Does anyone have the address for the Seattle venue?

Really?

Yes, really. I guess I mean the mailing address. I know some larger businesses use a PO box. I have the street address. I was wanting to make sure that address is the one that "works" for the Seattle venue.

Edited by Mr. JD

Really?

Yes, really. I guess I mean the mailing address. I know some larger businesses use a PO box. I have the street address. I was wanting to make sure that address is the one that "works" for the Seattle venue.

I didn't even come across a PO box, so I am using this address:

KeyArena at Seattle Center

305 Harrison Street

Seattle, WA 98109

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

Really?

I didn't even come across a PO box, so I am using this address:

KeyArena at Seattle Center

305 Harrison Street

Seattle, WA 98109

Thanks

• Like 1

Has anyone here tried to get multiple items signed by doing several dates? Or do you feel that's cheating?

I found it ironic, but also very, very cool that the first item I ever sent, a Signals LP cover, was signed by Alex, Geddy and Neil, and despite my return package not being taped shut, was still returned to me in excellent shape.

I would never tempt fate by doing this again, at least on this tour, unless I were doing it as a surprise for someone else.

Edited by conan1982

Has anyone here tried to get multiple items signed by doing several dates? Or do you feel that's cheating?

I found it ironic, but also very, very cool that the first item I ever sent, a Signals LP cover, was signed by Alex, Geddy and Neil, and despite my return package not being taped shut, was still returned to me in excellent shape.

I would never tempt fate by doing this again, at least on this tour, unless I were doing it as a surprise for someone else.

I would feel a bit guilty trying to do it more than once a tour. I guess it's a form of respect.

• Like 3

I would feel a bit guilty trying to do it more than once a tour. I guess it's a form of respect.

Same here. While it would be nice to have more signed items (maybe even with different inscriptions!) I feel it would be cheating to do it multiple times per tour.

• Like 1

I would never tempt fate by doing this again

But isn't fate just the weight of circumstances?