Autographs?

GotPeart

I agree it is really odd to have so many things strike out. You need to send something to mgmt., if I read your story and worked for the band I'd hook you up. You deserve something for all your effort 1000!

May do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, I even put "Thanks Liam!" on the ends of that LA Forum Priority Mail box I sent. I tried everything I could think of..... :-)

I agree it is really odd to have so many things strike out. You need to send something to mgmt., if I read your story and worked for the band I'd hook you up. You deserve something for all your effort 1000!

Yeah, I even put "Thanks Liam!" on the ends of that LA Forum Priority Mail box I sent. I tried everything I could think of..... :-)

Not sure why they did not sign anything. I tried to make it easy and simple with the packaging? No Tape no fuss. I mentioned in a previous post the ready post mailers from the post office were perfect for LPs and the return could easily fold.

I struck out on the back side of the tour as well. I tried my best to get snakes and arrows autographed. I sent it through an autograph agent. I sent it to vegas returned unsigned. I sent it to the forum and it was RTS. The album I sent to Phoenix was returned unsigned. I did get power windows back from Irvine.

Im really surprised they did not sign anything. I have 11 albums signed over past two tours

I think at some point, maybe they just called it a day, or put some limit on the number of things they'd sign at each show. It's also possible they just didn't have time at every show to sign every item sent, especially if they got there later than usual, for example. I wrestled with the decision this tour, and ultimately decided not to send anything, since they were gracious enough to hook me up last tour. With so many fans getting the word that they have done this, I figured they might get overwhelmed with stuff, especially with everyone thinking, "this will probably be my last chance." It may be that simple. They had concerts to play; it wasn't a book signing tour. At some point they have to sound check, eat and perform for 3 hours. That said, it must be heartbreaking to try and try with no success after they signed so much for others here. I was fully convinced my hemi booklet was lost forever, and it made me miserable seeing all the other signed things from the same show weeks before it finally limped into my mailbox, looking like it was brought back in the mouth of a great white shark.
  • Like 1

Yes, I am sure they got a lot more requests this tour than any previous tours. I am so grateful for the two album covers they all signed for me and don't plan to send anything to them again should they decide to even do a small tour. Definitely don't want to be greedy. :)

Not sure why they did not sign anything. I tried to make it easy and simple with the packaging? No Tape no fuss. I mentioned in a previous post the ready post mailers from the post office were perfect for LPs and the return could easily fold.

I struck out on the back side of the tour as well. I tried my best to get snakes and arrows autographed. I sent it through an autograph agent. I sent it to vegas returned unsigned. I sent it to the forum and it was RTS. The album I sent to Phoenix was returned unsigned. I did get power windows back from Irvine.

Im really surprised they did not sign anything. I have 11 albums signed over past two tours

11 albums signed??? don't you think that's a little much??? :finbar:

• Like 1

I'm sure they were busy and wanted to see certain people and enjoy the potential last show as much as possible. Remember, the autographs are a free and generous perk, not part of the show.

Starting to see some of the items signed by the boys on the past few tours showing up in auctions like this: https://www.rrauctio...tail.cfm?IN=642 And no, this is NOT my auction ... mine is not for sale! :dweez:

I feel the same way! My AFTK LP cover has priceless sentimental value to me- beat up with dented corner and all! It's a wonderful memory of summer 2015.

• Like 1

Never was a fan of the the ubiquitous "certificate of authenticity" myself.

The COA is only as god as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

In the case of the action I posted, I think the signatures are fine. Just kind of a shame to see signed items from the guys showing up in auctions. Bot, there is no law against selling items that one owns.

• Like 2

The COA is only as good as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Similar to CarFax in the auto biz. It's not 100%.

The COA is only as good as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Similar to CarFax in the auto biz. It's not 100%.

HEY goose. Long time do you Facebook? Cheers Robert

Starting to see some of the items signed by the boys on the past few tours showing up in auctions like this: https://www.rrauctio...tail.cfm?IN=642 And no, this is NOT my auction ... mine is not for sale! :dweez:

I feel the same way! My AFTK LP cover has priceless sentimental value to me- beat up with dented corner and all! It's a wonderful memory of summer 2015.

I’m not into autographs but I can understand keeping one (sentimental value) or selling one (everyone needs bread sometimes). But it’s hard to understand buying one.

• Like 1

I’m not into autographs but I can understand keeping one (sentimental value) or selling one (everyone needs bread sometimes). But it’s hard to understand buying one.

Especially considering that if you didn't witness them signing it or getting it from someone at their label or similarly close to the band, you don't really know if it's authentic.

Especially considering that if you didn't witness them signing it or getting it from someone at their label or similarly close to the band, you don't really know if it's authentic.

Yup, that’d be the worst scenario. But even if (for example) I actually saw Lifeson sign a CD for blueschica, I wouldn’t buy it off of her. He signed it for her, not me. But I guess a collector is a collector and some will do that.

• Like 2

Yup, that’d be the worst scenario. But even if (for example) I actually saw Lifeson sign a CD for blueschica, I wouldn’t buy it off of her. He signed it for her, not me. But I guess a collector is a collector and some will do that.

:LOL: Shoot, there goes my retirement plan . . . . although if I actually saw Alex sign something for me I'd probably still be standing there starstruck . . . qDt38Gmm.jpg

The COA is only as god as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

In the case of the action I posted, I think the signatures are fine. Just kind of a shame to see signed items from the guys showing up in auctions. Bot, there is no law against selling items that one owns.

Not that I've kept track of this, but why would these be showing up just now? Wouldn't they have been around for most of the last 40 years?

Not that I've kept track of this, but why would these be showing up just now? Wouldn't they have been around for most of the last 40 years?

Sure, they have been showing up for the last xxx years, but the ones showing up recently seem to be from the past few years where the band were signing items sent to the venues for shows -- their signatures changed some over the years. Unfortunately, many people have shared the fact that they received many multiples of signatures by sending items to venue after venue.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter004.jpg

Very cool ! I am lucky enough to have my favorite album (a real vinyl record and cover, lol ) signed by them. I still have to get it framed! :LOL:

• Like 2

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter004.jpg

Very cool ! I am lucky enough to have my favorite album (a real vinyl record and cover, lol ) signed by them. I still have to get it framed! :LOL:

Mine is framed and looks great on the wall... My other is this one... a photo that I took and had made into a poster. I posted this one before but it is my very most bestest RUSH memory forever.... There are many but this one tops the heap.... Rock ON!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

• Like 3